IGNORED

Early Leavers

tom_burnham

I agree - total cop out, hardly a congestion nightmare around the gate, is it?

Yes, it is a congestion nightmare all round the gate. I don't know how you could think otherwise, it takes an age to get away from in a car.

The fact is that whilst the Dolman stand lacks any proper exits there will always be people leaving their seats early and it will always be noticeable.

Most of them ended up pitchside until the final whistle as usual.

It's nothing to cry about unless you're one of the people getting your view blocked in which case tell the people blocking it to sit down or **** off.

All this "better fan" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

I noticed the lights came on after 83 minutes, thats usually the queue for the Dolmoan to get up and go (when the lights come on)

Thankfully, not that many people were leaving then. However I missed the goal because a nice inconsiderate bunch in williams block F decided to get up and go, then stop in the way!

If you really cant be bothered to stay till the end, get out of the ground!

If you really cant be bothered to stay till the end, get out of the ground!

That's the thing isn't it. It's not really people leaving early that annoys everyone it's people loitering around in front of block A.

If people need to go then bloody well go. Go the whole hog and leave the ground.

I'm sure those people with cold kids and transport to catch actually had to go so they went. The other 90% of people didn't want to have to hang round in their seat for an age so went and watched closer to the exits!

The whole leaving early thing is ridiculous - obviously everybody can and will do what they want but what I can't believe is that the majority of people leaving seats early to race to the bar at half time or get home 10 mins earlier is that i spend hours during the week thinking, talking, searching the internet etc.. looking forward to the highlight of the week so i don't understand why people want to miss any of the 95 mins - you've got all week to eat, drink, keep the wife happy etc.. so common guys lets all stay and support the team, they are giving us 100%

Whilst I do not see the point of leaving early and furthermore due to the fact I sit on the end of the row and my view is totally obliterated by the people who cascade from above, I do acknowledge it is their right to leave if they so wish, after all they have paid the full admission price. Consider this if you will..... when you go to a restaurant and pay for your meal is it complulsory that you eat every scrap ?????.No, of course not............so, why is it considered 'compulsory' to stay until the end of a match ???????

Whilst I do not see the point of leaving early and furthermore due to the fact I sit on the end of the row and my view is totally obliterated by the people who cascade from above, I do acknowledge it is their right to leave if they so wish, after all they have paid the full admission price. Consider this if you will..... when you go to a restaurant and pay for your meal is it complulsory that you eat every scrap ?????.No, of course not............so, why is it considered 'compulsory' to stay until the end of a match ???????

Its called support for a reason

What is the real issue here?

People who leave early or people who miss the last few minutes of the game?

If its the latter then I bet alot of you are hypocrites considering hundreds flow out as early as 10 mins before HT just to get a skanky pie and cup of tea.

So what if there are screens showing the game, I thought the issue was the players seeing people stream out prematurely?

End of first half, end of second half. Same thing.

Nice of you to have a gloat. I left 3 mins early last night and missed the goal. My 8 year old son was freezing cold 10 mins from the end and shivering with 5 mins to go. I felt guilty because I made him stay. He said he was sorry for making me leave early when we heard the roar from the goal, but we were both happy.

Some people need to think about other peoples predicaments before jumping on bandwagons about people leaving early. All of you.

Well said mate - I personally never leave till the final whistle and was overjoyed last night....but if you're little un was cold you acted like a responsible adult in leaving early. Ignore some of the childish comments like 'buy him a coat then' on here - thats pathetic. As much as we all love City sometimes a childs welfare comes first.

Well said mate - I personally never leave till the final whistle and was overjoyed last night....but if you're little un was cold you acted like a responsible adult in leaving early. Ignore some of the childish comments like 'buy him a coat then' on here - thats pathetic. As much as we all love City sometimes a childs welfare comes first.

Fair enough if the boy was cold...however can't ever remember my dad whisking me away as a babber...I was made to 'stand' there until the final whistle.

It's a wonder I never rang childline!

You obviously are unable to see the deeper meaning! - Didn't seem neccessary to explain the quote in danger of giving him parental advice i.e. weather forecasts etc.. + if concerned I would have gone the 10 mins early as he discussed rather than keep him there until 3 mins etc..

As one or two replies above the point is not about people who desperately need to leave but the majority who just want to get ahead of a queue thus causing frustration to everyone else - I don't see the need for people to bring cold kids, transport or whatever else into it as if the people trying who oppose the majority of early leavers are wrong to do so!

Bit off the subject, but anyone know what happened to the lad in the ee?

He was being treated by paramedics after the goal led on the floor, all his mates seemed to of left him!

Is that the one who was on crutches? because there was a lad on crutches who a steward advised to move because he would get trampled and injured if we scored, but he insisted on staying there?!.

Guest red ken 2
He was wrapped up warm, couldn't get many more layers on him. You don't have a City mad boy do you? Do you think he would have stayed at home and missed this game - he has been a season ticket holder since the age of 5 and will have travelled to almost half of the away games this season, probably more than than you, miss it? na I don't think so.

Funny that i have two City mad boys, so no need for cheap comments about attending the number of games. Jog on you'll be late home.

That's the thing isn't it. It's not really people leaving early that annoys everyone it's people loitering around in front of block A.

If people need to go then bloody well go. Go the whole hog and leave the ground.

I'm sure those people with cold kids and transport to catch actually had to go so they went. The other 90% of people didn't want to have to hang round in their seat for an age so went and watched closer to the exits!

What always make me laugh when we score a late goal, is the number of people who come running back in, as if the players are going to do an action replay just for them.

What always make me laugh when we score a late goal, is the number of people who come running back in, as if the players are going to do an action replay just for them.

I stood by the food counter in the East End last night and watched the final minute, sheer elation when the goal went in, ran out the ground in joy and then ran back through to see the Palace fans faces :winner_third_h4h:

I agree - total cop out, hardly a congestion nightmare around the gate, is it?

Yes you are less of a fan than people who stay till the end...they are prepared get home a few minutes later just so they can see the end of the game and clap the lads off the pitch.

I find it a bit embarrasing and stand by GJ's comment 100%

The point is you know nothing of anyone else's circumstances and you are illustrating your ignorance and lack of reason to criticise.

I did not leave early - but - I drove 240 miles to get to the game last night - then I had to leave for work this morning at 5.00 (so up at 4.30) - I have also been dying with a flu type bug - and I was tempted to knock it on the head when we got to the 93rd minute

I will be at Colchester (will you) and had I left at the 93rd - given the circumstances - for you to call me less of a supporter than you is downright absurd and insulting - and so was GJ when he kicked all this nonsense off

What is the real issue here?

People who leave early or people who miss the last few minutes of the game?

If its the latter then I bet alot of you are hypocrites considering hundreds flow out as early as 10 mins before HT just to get a skanky pie and cup of tea.

So what if there are screens showing the game, I thought the issue was the players seeing people stream out prematurely?

End of first half, end of second half. Same thing.

Thats what I've been saying Dez...you see people walking out of the Dolman bar with 55minutes on the clock.

If people need/want to leave let them...you'll never be able to stop it.

The point is you nothing of anyone else's circumstances and you are illustarting your ignorance and lack of reason to criticise.

I did not leave early - but - I drove 240 miles to get to the game last night - then I had to leave for work this morning at 5.00 (so up at 4.30) - I have also been dying with a flu type bug - and I was tempted to knock it on the head when we got to the 93rd minute

I will be at Colchester (will you) and had I left at the 93rd - given the circumstances - for you to call me less of a supporter than you is downright absurd and insulting - and so was GJ when he kicked all this nonsense off

Thats another point. Early leavers may have sacrified more time/effort to get to games than the ones who stay to the end, which isnt known to anyone.

what i find strange is people go on about early leavers but never say anything about late

arrivals? i mean extra pint in the pub and you miss a goal in the first say 5 minutes.

naughy, naughty :tounge: :tounge:

I arrived late and left early?

Am I naughty, naughty, naughty, naughty or what?

The point is you know nothing of anyone else's circumstances and you are illustrating your ignorance and lack of reason to criticise.

Commendable! But I don't wish to answer everybody's 'reasons' for chipping off early, be it man flu, cold nippers, night shifts, worming the dog, rushing to chair a meeting of the UN..blah blah

We all know the general malaise. People habitually leave to get a few car lengths up in traffic...me and loads of others (incl. GJ) don't see that as a valid reason and a bit of an insult to this club.

And yes, I will be at Colchester. Feel free to PM me and I'll let you buy me a pint.

Commendable! But I don't wish to answer everybody's 'reasons' for chipping off early, be it man flu, cold nippers, night shifts, worming the dog, rushing to chair a meeting of the UN..blah blah

We all know the general malaise. People habitually leave to get a few car lengths up in traffic...me and loads of others (incl. GJ) don't see that as a valid reason and a bit of an insult to this club.

And yes, I will be at Colchester. Feel free to PM me and I'll let you buy me a pint.

You see it how you want to see it pal.

Nothing insulting about leaving early.

Booing on the otherhand....

I wont bother thanks - because to my shame I am falling into the same trap of splitting from supporters of my own team - thats what these comments lead to - I don't criticise those that leave early or arrive late - they support the team - the City Sanctimonious Inquisition like yourself are not people I share an allegiance with - that is sad that we are splitting and criticising our own - can't you see that!

Funny that i have two City mad boys, so no need for cheap comments about attending the number of games. Jog on you'll be late home.

Just illustrating a point that he would not stay at home no matter what. The extra 15 mins for floodlight failure didn't help.

Mods, can we put these "moaning" subjects, as someone else mentioned, in a seperate forum? We can then have sub-sub forums about people leaving early, people getting in late, people singing, people not singing, old people, young people, people swearing, people singing songs that offend the opposition, people eating cheese and onion crisps that stink, baloons being hit around during the game - we can all have a good rant and it will leave the main forum free of clutter?

Won't post again on this. Spot on Markman, totally agree.

Archived