IGNORED

Big Marv

MightyRed

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the bloke, of course I do, but I thought he looked tired today.

Lacked his usual energy and drive (no doubt partly down to some good closing and man to man marking of palass). Could this be due to the number of games he has played (can't think when he last missed one)?

Might be worth giving him a breather, which will also give us the chance to get two out and out strikers on the pitch?

Came away a bit glum from the gate tonight, after missing the chance to go top, but seeing the reaction of the palace players on sky sports news, I am now delighted with the result - they were absolutely gutted. And as for Warnock, there is nothing I can usefully add about the c0ck that hasn't already been said. I am furious that the game I love playing and watching has been abused in that way. I cannot understand how Palace have ST holders? Surely nobody wants to watch that every week?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the bloke, of course I do, but I thought he looked tired today.

Lacked his usual energy and drive (no doubt partly down to some good closing and man to man marking of palass). Could this be due to the number of games he has played (can't think when he last missed one)?

Might be worth giving him a breather, which will also give us the chance to get two out and out strikers on the pitch?

Came away a bit glum from the gate tonight, after missing the chance to go top, but seeing the reaction of the palace players on sky sports news, I am now delighted with the result - they were absolutely gutted. And as for Warnock, there is nothing I can usefully add about the c0ck that hasn't already been said. I am furious that the game I love playing and watching has been abused in that way. I cannot understand how Palace have ST holders? Surely nobody wants to watch that every week?

I watched the game on the box tonight. I have seen Elliot play awesomely all season and I love him in our team. Tonight, he did not have a strong game and was anonymous for big periods. I wonder - and I encourage response - has Carle's presence nulified Marvin's impact in the centre?

Open discussion...

Its been said before by Millwall fans that as a player he cant keep the performances up after Xmas. Personally i think he has shown himself to be one of the most mobile, energetic and competitive players we have. If resting him for a week really will make the difference then GJ has to pick the fixture he doesn't appear in carefully, because as tidy a player as Cole Skuse is, he is certainly not like for like.

agree with others, has been a key this season.......however we need him at his best for the remainder of the season, with Colchester & Hull coming up, I think this is the key time to make use of the size of our squad and take him out the team, give Skuse his chance for a couple of games, hopefully a fortnights rest will have Elliott back and chomping at the bit for the charlton game and the run in for the season

I feel really sorry for Marv!

I think he's the best midfielder we've had for a long, long time but he's doing the work of more than one man, so he's going to feel tired.

Our problem is defensively, we're too lightweight when the opposition are attacking. McIndoe, Sproule and especially Little Lee, get out-muscled in midfield which means that Marv has to work his ******** off. If you do drop him, who is going to take his place?

I would pair Marv with Nick C, and play Brian Wilson and McIndoe on the flanks. Sproule could be a good impact player (as long as somebody tells him to stay on his wing and take on the fullbacks more often)

The guy who looks in need of a rest is Lee J, not Marv!!!!!!!

Giving Elliot a rest leaves us with, Noble, Skuse, LJ, Artus and Carle.

Noble, Skuse and Russell successfully operated our midfield for our comeback from GJ's initial 9 game losing streak.

Our Aussie friends all nominate Carle as playing best from midfield. There are options there and GJ sees them all at training.Skuse and Artus would jump at the chance, and it was a 17 year old who scored for Palace. They may not be good enough, but I for one would love one of our local Academy lads to do the job for us.

Giving Elliot a rest leaves us with, Noble, Skuse, LJ, Artus and Carle.

Noble, Skuse and Russell successfully operated our midfield for our comeback from GJ's initial 9 game losing streak.

Our Aussie friends all nominate Carle as playing best from midfield. There are options there and GJ sees them all at training.Skuse and Artus would jump at the chance, and it was a 17 year old who scored for Palace. They may not be good enough, but I for one would love one of our local Academy lads to do the job for us.

Noble could do the job for one game if Elliot was rested. Lee could maybe do with a rest as well and so it would be a opportunity to give Noble a go and see how he does. I wouldnt want them both rested in the same game, but by taking two games to rest them both (Colchester and Hull) surely no harm is done?

I feel really sorry for Marv!

I think he's the best midfielder we've had for a long, long time but he's doing the work of more than one man, so he's going to feel tired.

Our problem is defensively, we're too lightweight when the opposition are attacking. McIndoe, Sproule and especially Little Lee, get out-muscled in midfield which means that Marv has to work his ******** off. If you do drop him, who is going to take his place?

I would pair Marv with Nick C, and play Brian Wilson and McIndoe on the flanks. Sproule could be a good impact player (as long as somebody tells him to stay on his wing and take on the fullbacks more often)

The guy who looks in need of a rest is Lee J, not Marv!!!!!!!

Cannot agree that Mcindoe gets out muscled he tracked back several times and made some good tackles

When Marvin get's his rest, it's essential we have Louis Carey playing in defence that day. I also believe that we should deploy Vasko as sweeper when we are without Marvin. YARP!

Sweeper? don't go trying to get your fancy dan foreign tactics over here mate :disapointed2se:

Up and at em - its the British way! :innocent06:

The discussion is about Big Marv and what to do when the guy takes a breather. So what is your contribution? :gasmask:

If Marv is fatigued then surely it must be mentally.He's only 23 and he is fit enough to cope with two games a week.After all he's a professional athlete and highly trained.

As for his quiet performance against Palace.He was man marked, probably carrying an injury and these two factors add up to a below par performance from him.That said he has been so impressive all season that a 'below par' performance from him would go unnoticed if it were any other player.

Personally, I think it's great he played badly in the Palace game. All the prem club's scouts will have been watching because it was on Sky, so maybe this has increased our chances of holding on to him even if we don't go up?

As to giving him a rest or not really we have no idea because we haven't seen him in training, so I think I'll let GJ decide on that one

When Marvin get's his rest, it's essential we have Louis Carey playing in defence that day. I also believe that we should deploy Vasko as sweeper when we are without Marvin. YARP!

On what I saw the other night I think Vasko should be our FIRST CHOICE striker!!! That first time knock out to the right wing was class.

Archived