IGNORED

Red & White Bags

red-or-dead

Well this is one of those times where the club tries something out and yes there will be positives and negatives to it.

I thought it was quiet good especially as most fans were going along with it and trying to make something happen.

To so far to say it was rubbish is a bit harsh,what would you have prefered,if I could have changed one thing I'd have put scarves there and let people keep them in the hope that for future we'd get a Liverpool like atmosphere for our home games.

But overall I thought the club tried hard to do something for the fans,obviously you can't please everyone,as i said above what would you have done?

It didn't work but hopefully there will be much more of this kind of thing where the club and fans work together.

One point would be why not include the whole ground really giving something a go.?

The next opportunity would probably be Watford at home because Hull probably isnt going to be a sell out. It would be good to see something really good though. It would be hard to do the red and white bags all around the ground though because of the unreaserved seating in the East End (unless it was sold out not every seat would be taken) and the Catering and co-orperate facilitys in the Williams. It was good to see it given a go last night though.

How did the big England flag look from outside the East End last night then?

Well this is one of those times where the club tries something out and yes there will be positives and negatives to it.

I thought it was quiet good especially as most fans were going along with it and trying to make something happen.

To so far to say it was rubbish is a bit harsh,what would you have prefered,if I could have changed one thing I'd have put scarves there and let people keep them in the hope that for future we'd get a Liverpool like atmosphere for our home games.

But overall I thought the club tried hard to do something for the fans,obviously you can't please everyone,as i said above what would you have done?

I'm not having a go at the club, Fair play for giving it a go- It just didn't look very good.

The white bags didn't spell out clearly, Next time red & white stripes may look better.

Credit to all who took part! :englandsmile4wf:

I'm not having a go at the club, Fair play for giving it a go- It just didn't look very good.

The white bags didn't spell out clearly, Next time red & white stripes may look better.

Credit to all who took part! :englandsmile4wf:

No I know you're not,and you're right I couldn't see Bristol City marked out,but hopefully it may lead to more of it's kind for future home games,Watford definatly

• SC&T Board Members

I agree with the general comments here.

It was a worthwhile effort. In hindsight, however, the club was perhaps being over ambitious in expecting the words 'Bristol City' to be clearly distinguishable. The Cross of St George at England games is a much bigger image and if a few seats are unoccupied or fans don't play along, the image is not unduly damaged. With the City wording only being a few seats wide or deep in places, a small number of fans not in those seats or not holding up their bags can naturally spoil the effect.

The England games also have the advantage of the national anthem being a period of several minutes during which there is little movement or other noise in the ground, so for that entire period all the fans have to concentrate on is singing the anthem and holding up their bags.

Coupled to this last night was the fact that the two teams came out separately as a result of the delayed kick-off, so DL didn't really have any opportunity to make a big thing out of everyone holding up their bags as the two teams came out together.

A few things to learn, therefore - but well worth the effort.

It was well worth trying, but did not really work, as not all the seats were filled and even a few not bothering meant the letters were not that clear. the bags had to be held correctly (at both corners) to stand out.

Well done to all who did it and we should certainly try it again with a more simple design.

We have some way to go to beat the North Korean rallies I have seen the pictures of, they create works of art in hand held bits of cardboard. (but then they are shot if its not prefect - maybe thats where the club is going wrong).

here's my view from the atyeo

Red and White bags - think most people didnt know when to put them up because palace took soo long to come out. most people used them as hats especialy in the H block.

Candles - I bought one and i think i was only the one with it shineing in the atyeo (h block), think it will catch on espcialy on the last game of the season what ever hapends.

The Flag - Looked amazing from the atyeo think we should have the same thing in the atyeo.

Also i would like to thank that guy who helped me with my seating problem, i arived and found some kid was in my seat (Atyeo Block H Row W seat 8). looks like the club sold 2 tickets for 1 seat but thanks to the guy in seat 10 showing me to an empty seat.

It was well worth trying, but did not really work, as not all the seats were filled and even a few not bothering meant the letters were not that clear. the bags had to be held correctly (at both corners) to stand out.

Well done to all who did it and we should certainly try it again with a more simple design.

We have some way to go to beat the North Korean rallies I have seen the pictures of, they create works of art in hand held bits of cardboard. (but then they are shot if its not prefect - maybe thats where the club is going wrong).

North Korean rallies !!!! blimey. :noexpression: candles a good idea though incase the lights go out again innit.

North Korean rallies !!!! blimey. :noexpression: candles a good idea though incase the lights go out again innit.
Did our power cut have anything to do with your lot by any chance? Revenge for Twerton by any chance? Showing us up on national TV and disrupting our preparations for a massive game.

• Admin

- First time they were held up about 15 minutes before teams came out looked better, have seen it back on Sky and looked ok but the white letters were not chunky enough in my opinion - the commentators commented that it looked affective.

- believe if they had been held up as teams came onto pitch would have been better but due to way that happened people seemed unsure what to do.

- next time the club should think about putting the bags on the actual flip up part of the seat (like at Wembley) as covering the seat numbers up caused a bit of confusion for some people - if it wasnt for the kick off being delayed it would have been a mad dash to find seats.

- candles were featured on tv a few times and reference was made eventually as to why they were there.

- all in all a good effort, but we will learn from it.

Maybe we could play and sing a song about an Amercian prositute 100 times, now that would be much better don't you think? :fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep:

**** OFF, Irene, **** OFF, Irene...

The Gas are going down...

The very last words that I heard her say,

Was "please sing me one more song" (Do you know anymore?)

Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight,

Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene,

I'll see you in my dreams

Last Saturday night, I got married

Me and my wife settled down

Now me and my wife are parted

I'm going to take another stroll downtown

Stop rambling, stop your gambling,

Stop staying out late at night

Go home to your wife and family

Stay there by your fireside bright

I love Irene God knows I do

Love her till the seas run dry

And if Irene turns her back on me,

I'll take morphine and die (Now theres an uplifting tune to get the atmosphere up prior to a match :noexpression:

Why do you think you sing about a prositute? maybe it's something you sags can identify with as it's how the majority of you sags came into this world!! :sun:

Guest mesa boogie
Maybe we could play and sing a song about an Amercian prositute 100 times, now that would be much better don't you think? :fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep:

**** OFF, Irene, **** OFF, Irene...

The Gas are going down...

The very last words that I heard her say,

Was "please sing me one more song" (Do you know anymore?)

Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight,

Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene,

I'll see you in my dreams

Last Saturday night, I got married

Me and my wife settled down

Now me and my wife are parted

I'm going to take another stroll downtown

Stop rambling, stop your gambling,

Stop staying out late at night

Go home to your wife and family

Stay there by your fireside bright

I love Irene God knows I do

Love her till the seas run dry

And if Irene turns her back on me,

I'll take morphine and die (Now theres an uplifting tune to get the atmosphere up prior to a match :noexpression:

Why do you think you sing about a prositute? maybe it's something you sags can identify with as it's how the majority of you sags came into this world!! :sun:

At least it's not something our supporters club does to drum up support. This looks much better than waving round some bags you've all nicked from Asda.

2269531392_76ccc9223e_b.jpg

A cattle auction in a gypsy park? why is that relevant.

I thoroughly enjoyed singing Wurzels songs at the top of my lungs holding up a plastic bag, tad surreal when you take a step back. But going mental (inculding dancing on 95 mins like a loon with it above my head) is just what you do.

Guest mesa boogie
Ah bless! Seeing that picture has just reminded me how small your club really is, they look quite sweet all holding their scarfs up in the air no doubt singing about the dirty slut Irene.....

Oh of course we were, but we don't care. The little club keeps marching on, punching above its weight and it's ruddy brilliant.

Oh of course we were, but we don't care. The little club keeps marching on, punching above its weight and it's ruddy brilliant.

Rovers "punching above their weight? They have spent the last God knows how long on Div 3 & 4. What level do you think they should play at, Blue Square? :rofl2br:

Rovers "punching above their weight? They have spent the last God knows how long on Div 3 & 4. What level do you think they should play at, Blue Square? :rofl2br:

Yeah I thought the same! :rofl2br:

Anyway leave Messa alone he loves City really. ;)

As for the bags I don't know really it could work in the future nice to see the club try something different and the east end flag looked superb.

Wonder how many took their bags home to be used again ?!

Re. the candles, I saw Dolly (I think) & a couple of other guys doing their best to flog them & felt really guilty at not purchasing one. Sorry !

It was apparent that there were a few left when a box full was knocked over resulting in spillage. Thought I also saw some cameras in the vicinity, not sure if it was TV or press.

Archived