IGNORED

Your First Ever Game?

Rob_BCFC

Brum at home 1967/8 stood on terrace where Dolman is now; many moons ago, was a season ticket holder for the first 2years of the Dolman as well sat right on the halfway line but that was enough, :surrender: the Eastend was my home and will always will be; great memories there; they can take away my access but not my memories :drunk2:

City vs Southend Utd in the old Second Division (now Championship) in January 1992 was the earliest I can remember. Finished a 2-2 draw and even though I can't remember who scored for us I remember Brett Angell, Andy Ansah and Stan Collymore all playing for the Shrimpers.

mine was crewe away about 1982/3 ish on gresty rd terrace i think we drew 2 2 after going 2 down sounds familar !!! we scored a pen right at the end in front of a couple of hundred of us i started a couple of songs of and was made up after all i think i was only 8 at the time

yellow yellow !!!!!!!with black stripes down :chant6ez:

1979 home to Arsenal, lost 1-0. Fantastic game.

1981 home to Sheffield Wednesday, I think we lost again. Rubbish game and atmosphere.

If you don't live in Bristol these trips are rare and so really special trips. I still remember the roar of "Bri-stol" from 1979.

Wasn't old enough (and wealthy enough) to start going regularly until the 90s.

Late 1996. I was working in Bristol and at a loose end, so I thought I'd check out the local footy teams. City were playing Luton, a team I have always hated

for reasons I can't even remember, you know how it is, so I thought I'd pop down. It was a very cold evening so I bought a hot chocolate from the bar behind the Atyeo and went up the steps to look for a seat. I was standing at the entrance to Block E at the top of the steps with the City team warming up when I saw a ball heading into the crowd, hit by David Seal I think (hence the reason it was heading into the crowd!). It wasn't heading anywhere near me but it took two deflections and hit me full in the face, spilling hot chocolate down my jacket, arms but not too much on my face luckily. Got a huge cheer from the City faithful behind the goal, which I milked, seeing the funny side... City won the game 5-0 and I was hooked.

home to norwich,early 70's.we lost 1-0 but bowyers sponsored the game.i remember being

ecstatic because i managed to get a free pork pie that was thrown into the park end!

i was hooked after that.have never had a free pie since

Yo, Scants!

Slightly off topic, but remember Oxford away, with the pie going the other way and almost taking that plod`s earhole off?

That coupled with the JB incident....superb.

My first game was during the dark days of `81. Wrexham at home, and we lost 0-2; for some inexplicable reason I was reeled in. It would have been cheaper if I hadn`t....I would have paid off mortgage by now with the savings!!

COYMR.

Late 1996. I was working in Bristol and at a loose end, so I thought I'd check out the local footy teams. City were playing Luton, a team I have always hated

for reasons I can't even remember, you know how it is, so I thought I'd pop down. It was a very cold evening so I bought a hot chocolate from the bar behind the Atyeo and went up the steps to look for a seat. I was standing at the entrance to Block E at the top of the steps with the City team warming up when I saw a ball heading into the crowd, hit by David Seal I think (hence the reason it was heading into the crowd!). It wasn't heading anywhere near me but it took two deflections and hit me full in the face, spilling hot chocolate down my jacket, arms but not too much on my face luckily. Got a huge cheer from the City faithful behind the goal, which I milked, seeing the funny side... City won the game 5-0 and I was hooked.

:clapping:

That's a real character test. Do you see the funny side, pretend it hasn't happened (a difficult one in this case) or do you storm out?

:clapping:

That's a real character test. Do you see the funny side, pretend it hasn't happened (a difficult one in this case) or do you storm out?

Well, it was one of the biggest laughs I've ever got ! As you say, pretending it hadn't happened wasn't really a possibility so I took a bow to all sides of the Atyeo and went to get another hot chocky - which incidentally the buggers tried to charge me for !

My best mates mum was one of the ones throwing the pies!

First game for me was 4 December 1976 against the great Leeds United side. Got called off at half time due to fog but was enough to get me hooked for life.

small world eh?i remember the leeds game.over 30,000 there,orange ball.

still no sign of another pork pie!

I think my first game was very early eighties, possibly a 0-0 draw with Huddersfield (anyone remember clearing the snow off the pitch !!!)

It may have been before that, all in can remember it was a night match and John Shaw was in Goal !!!, i was so bored i spent nearly all the game talking to 2 Ball Boy's

Only went down because my Mum was working and my Dad could'nt find anyone to look after me :noexpression:

We did this before Christmas, so I remember that my sisters diary said that Dad took me in 1947, I was 4.

Even though its been more than 60 years, I still get a thrill out of being ecstatic or suicidal. I am sure there is a red and white bar in heaven. For the record, I've never seen a City player better than John Atyeo, not even close.

Archived