IGNORED

Your First Ever Game?

Rob_BCFC

What was your first ever game watching City? My Dad took me down in 1998 to see a not so spectacular 5-0 loss against Borussia Monchengladbach. Not the best first game to watch I'll grant you. My first competitive game was later that season when we lost 2-0 to Everton in the FA Cup.

City v Rovers, the year escapes me.

We won 1-0 with a Louie Donowa goal and Andy Leaning saved a penalty, I was so into it I made my Dad fork out for a shirt after the game and I enjoyed every minute of it, i'll take the fantastic memories of that night to the grave with me.....

February 1969 home to PNE.

Caught the special bus to AG from Muller Road. Bristol Bus Co ran special busses to AG from all over Bristol including Horfield & Lockleaze.

2/6 (12.5p) to get in and 6d (2.5p) for a programme. Same price for a half time cup of (yes it really was drinkable) tea.

Chucking it down with rain, but not to worry as City took the lead. PNE equalised near half time and the rain worsened. The pitch cut up and towards the end Galley slid in onto a Gerry Sharpe pass. His outstretched leg connected firmly with the ball and City won 2-1. I was hooked.

What was your first ever game watching City? My Dad took me down in 1998 to see a not so spectacular 5-0 loss against Borussia Monchengladbach. Not the best first game to watch I'll grant you. My first competitive game was later that season when we lost 2-0 to Everton in the FA Cup.

As a very young schoolboy, the first game I attended at Ashton Gate was held on 30th.March 1957. City v Doncaster Rovers . City fielded a most formidable-looking forward line then :- -Hinshelwood, (fine ball player ), Atyeo, (need I say more?) Curtis (newly signed hot-shot Eire International,) Etheridge (very constructive), and Watkins (superb shot).

Despite the brilliance of Harry Gregg (later Manchester United and Northern Ireland) in goal for Doncaster ,the Robins still won 4-0. We could certainly use that kind of firepower at the moment.

I think the everton match was my first aswell. Was that the match where there was a riot outside the ground, i remember nearly getting run down by a police horse.

Good times.

V Portsmouth the last time we were in the Championship. 2-2 it ended and I was instantly hooked, Think Soren Anderson scored and maybe we were leading at one stage. Since that game I haven't been able to get enough of the mighty reds.

Hull City early 70s,Stuart Pearson played for them.We won 2-0 i think.The first night game was more memorable,sat in Dolman watching York playing in white with maroon Y on shirt.Also couldn't believe the number of people lighting up in the Grandstand,it was like a free firework display!

At home to Walsall 1994. I think we lost, ive still got the programme from the game. Quite a few obscure players turning out for us, Sieb Dykstra, Vegard Hansen etc etc

Same year i first went. I first visited in sept 94 against Middlesborough for my first game. Vegard Hansen is still one player i can remember from back then him and also wayne allison, i was just before my 6th b'day at the time back then for my first game. I didnt go again till last few games at the end of the season when we were practically relegated. Only thing i can remember from there was the clock in the williams, them two players and being in the bar bit in the williams stand before the game at half time and after the game where the people that were sponsors or something as my dad worked for Phillips then and had season ticket to go in there. The 94/5 season saw middlesborough, barnsley, tranmere and west brom. I got to meet Jeff Astle in the bar before the West Brom game, i have his autograph on the programme from that game in my wardrobe.

Since then i've been hooked on city, my dad probably regretted taking me seeing how he's a peterborough fan, and especially now we live 180 miles from bristol and me wanting to go off watching city a lot more now. City still my local team whenever talk to anyone about football.

home to norwich,early 70's.we lost 1-0 but bowyers sponsored the game.i remember being

ecstatic because i managed to get a free pork pie that was thrown into the park end!

i was hooked after that.have never had a free pie since

My best mates mum was one of the ones throwing the pies!

First game for me was 4 December 1976 against the great Leeds United side. Got called off at half time due to fog but was enough to get me hooked for life.

Archived