IGNORED

East End Next Year

Zider_I_Up_Landlord

This question has been asked alot in recent posts, but does anyone have any information or has the club said anything on the issue? Will we be able to renew our ST's in the east end next year?

I for one hope we can and if we keep up the current success of the east then the club will have to seriously consider it.

i think the club needs to seriously consider introducing some sort of physical measures to put in place between the two sets of fans

it makes sense as it will finally put to rest this issue as the club will have no reason not to treat the stand the same as any other.

If we do go up how many tickets do the away fans have to have,I think its 10% of the capacity which is 2000,which means we can sell out the rest of the Eastend to home fans which is 3000 I believe great to get that many in there all singing we probably need it in the Premiership

I think you will find there is no league rule on how many tickets are available to away fans (only cup is min 10%)

Therefore if we should find ourselves in the Premier I would hope that we would end up using majority of the EE for our own supporters and giving only a small number of tickets to away fans (as happens at a lot of Prem grounds)

If we find ourselves still in the CCC then it will be much like this season - game by game decision

Guest WellyCiderHead

They better bloody well do, don't think i would renew my season ticket if they didnt let us back in next year.

Surely they can see this as bein a major positive for the team

It will depend very much on which division City are in next season. If City make into the PL then pretty much every club that visits AG will fill the EE so it would be a real surprise to see the club allowing any home fans in there at all unless the away tickets are very limited by the club

What and let the away team have the advantage of all that support in the Eastend,what ever its going to be a All Season Ticket Sell Out,so have the Home fans in there and give away fans just 500-1000,I remember what part the Eastend played last time packed out against Liverpool etc with the singing and support we beat these teams and we could have a great advantage with all the ground behind the lads

It will depend very much on which division City are in next season. If City make into the PL then pretty much every club that visits AG will fill the EE so it would be a real surprise to see the club allowing any home fans in there at all unless the away tickets are very limited by the club

doesnt the east end hold about 5000? why would the club give away over a quarter of the capacity to away fans if we got promotion?

there is no-way that will happen!, IF we get into the P.L then we will sell out in terms of ST wouldn't surprise me if potd would be restricted for the entire ground or even unavailable . 2000 away tickets at a max small segregation will a barrier fence with a line of steward and police as is the norm in all premiership grounds. Leaving city 3000 tickets for sell.

Also don't be surprised if only E block (behind the goal) is unreserved meaning all other "bum disc's" will be sold with numbers. we have to see the return of the 20000+ gates. With 21639 seats even with segregation it has to happen , surely?

there is no-way that will happen!, IF we get into the P.L then we will sell out in terms of ST wouldn't surprise me if potd would be restricted for the entire ground or even unavailable . 2000 away tickets at a max small segregation will a barrier fence with a line of steward and police as is the norm in all premiership grounds. Leaving city 3000 tickets for sell.

Also don't be surprised if only E block (behind the goal) is unreserved meaning all other "bum disc's" will be sold with numbers. we have to see the return of the 20000+ gates. With 21639 seats even with segregation it has to happen , surely?

Why would they only have one block for unreserved seating?

Robbored, there is no way we would do that.

Give them 2,000 and that will be the end of that.

Why shouldnt we be in there next year? Where am i and 300+ people meant to go? Even if we don't go up this year there will be a lot lot more people getting season tickets in the east end.

People are fed up of forking out a lot of money to sit in silence and watch the game, if you do wish to do that fine but other people don't and its only fair that people should have a CHOICE.

• SC&T Board Members

If we go up, you can expect to see every inch of the ground used. SL even mentioned at the London Q&A that he had been starting to think about how it might be possible to erect some temporary structures in the corners.

PS - There IS a minimum requirement for away fans in both divisions, but I don't what it is or if it is the same in both.

Why would they only have one block for unreserved seating?

with the best will in the world we've only had 300 regulars in there this season, maxed at maybe 1000 against qpr and Southampton. Opened up to everyone there will be many fans who will want to see P.L football who are not typical "EastEnders" and will require there seat if the buy a season ticket. ( I am not agreeing with this or supporting this, just stating a fact which I'm sure has not passed the "bigwigs" at B.C.F.C by). :disapointed2se:

S.L has already hoped there would be a time when both ends would be home ends and both unreserved, however this was reduced to just h block of the ateyo because of popular demand.

On the main site it now says "lets fill the ground says Gary". Open the east end for non ST holders and that wil help! Anybody know what the rules are on "bring a friend" now? i've done it once before but was made to feel as if they were doing me a favour and shouldnt really have done it. Is there anything stopping me going down in the week to grab an east end ticket for my friend?

Bristol Avon sunday is it?

If we go up, you can expect to see every inch of the ground used. SL even mentioned at the London Q&A that he had been starting to think about how it might be possible to erect some temporary structures in the corners.

PS - There IS a minimum requirement for away fans in both divisions, but I don't what it is or if it is the same in both.

Old Trafford is 3000 out of 76000 which is less than 5%.

I think you'll find many Premiership clubs would struggle to sell 2,000 away tickets let alone 5,000. If we were promoted why would we let them have 1/4 of the ground?

However, I hope the club is putting every ounce of concentration fully into getting there rather than wasting focus on what might happen if we did.

Give them 2,000 and that will be the end of that.

I can't see the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa being happy with 2000 tickets. I've no doubt that the club would seriously consider making the EE away fans only. After all there are only about 300 regulars that go in there and they can easily be accomadated elsewhere in AG.

The other factor to consider is what A & S police will have to say.I can see them insisting that the EE is exclusively for away fans only.That would make managing them so much easier.

Guest WellyCiderHead

Who cares if they aint happy.

I don't our club would be stupid enough to give so many tickets to away fans.

IF we do go up we don't really want to be giving rooney and co more of a hand by making it feel like a home match for them do we?

No everyone knows the importance for support in a small ground if the away fans have all the E/E it sounds like there home ground,we are going to have every little bit of backing in the ground to survive are first season,as I have siad in he 70 s the E/E was full with home fans making a great noise and we beat the likes of Man U and Liverpool at home to stay in the league,and Liverpool were the european champions then

Robbored, i swear you do this just for fishing reasons.

Why cant you just let people enjoy how they want to watch football? And who cares if the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa are not happy with it.

Its our ground and we should play by our rules, why fill the stand that can make 100 people sound like 500 people full of away fans? And give them a even greater reason of beating us?

I wont be happy if I'm not in the east end and a lot of other people will not be happy.

Who is more important to you? The big clubs like Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa? Or your fellow city fans?

I can't see the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa being happy with 2000 tickets. I've no doubt that the club would seriously consider making the EE away fans only. After all there are only about 300 regulars that go in there and they can easily be accomadated elsewhere in AG.

The other factor to consider is what A & S police will have to say.I can see them insisting that the EE is exclusively for away fans only.That would make managing them so much easier.

Same old RR always :fish: trouble as you know is 99.99999999999999% outside grounds and at organised "meets" last weekend Liecs/Coventry miles away from the ground :boxing: for instance.

The E.E boys and girls have done nothing but good for our club; and your persistant ridiculing of them is tiresome :fastasleep:

the hordes of wigan, blackburn, fulham, and bolton will have to make do with 2000 tickets.

it's common place thoughout the premiership to restrict the number of away fans to suit the home club, its only in the fa cup do you see large away followings at the likes of old trafford.

we've got a capacity of under 20,00 here at ashton gate, giving away our home advantage would be folly

still i suppose the anti-ee sentiment is hard to shrug off

still i suppose the anti-ee sentiment is hard to shrug off

I'm not 'anti-EE' at all - I'm simply stating how the club might see things if City make it to the PL.

Its what you call an objective view. Most EE supporters are unable to be objective about the EE because they are too emotionally involved with it. Thats why debates such as this need someone without such emotions to contribute - it adds a balanced view that would otherwise be missing.

Archived