IGNORED

East End Next Year

Zider_I_Up_Landlord

Guest WellyCiderHead
I'm not 'anti-EE' at all - I'm simply stating how the club might see things if City make it to the PL.

Its what you call an objective view. Most EE supporters are unable to be objective about the EE because they are too emotionally involved with it. Thats why debates such as this need someone without such emotions to contribute - it adds a balanced view that would otherwise be missing.

Try and explain why u would want to give our home advantge away?

Just cant understand why you think the club would even consider this?

Try and explain why u would want to give our home advantge away?

Just cant understand why you think the club would even consider this?

One reason - money. A full EE is far more lucrative than having empty seats being wasted to separate the 300 from the away fans. It makes more sense financially to give up the entire EE.That way you have no empty seats. Max capacity and all that...

Again, robbored. Seeing as you keep missing my post.

Robbored, i swear you do this just for fishing reasons.

Why cant you just let people enjoy how they want to watch football? And who cares if the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa are not happy with it.

Its our ground and we should play by our rules, why fill the stand that can make 100 people sound like 500 people full of away fans? And give them a even greater reason of beating us?

I wont be happy if I'm not in the east end and a lot of other people will not be happy.

Who is more important to you? The big clubs like Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa? Or your fellow city fans?

I wont be happy if I'm not in the east end and a lot of other people will not be happy.

Who is more important to you? The big clubs like Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa? Or your fellow city fans?

There is no sentiment in football especially when it comes to money.

Its not a question of which is more important. A few home fans or lots of away fans.

The one thing that is important is 'bums on seats'.

Guest WellyCiderHead
One reason - money. A full EE is far more lucrative than having empty seats being wasted to separate the 300 from the away fans. It makes more sense financially to give up the entire EE.That way you have no empty seats.

Fair enough seems a good reason.

IF we go up I think the club will see the EE and the atmosphere being a key part in us trying to beat the drop. I think losing 250 seats(or however many)to segregation but keeping a great and intimidating atmosphere will be well worth it.

One reason - money. A full EE is far more lucrative than having empty seats being wasted to separate the 300 from the away fans. It makes more sense financially to give up the entire EE.That way you have no empty seats. Max capacity and all that...

Hypothetical question because it's all fantasy so far.

Do you really believe in the future we all hope for 15000 seats will be enough for City fans each week v Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa ..... ? Because that is what you are suggesting by giving 25% of the grounds capacity to the away support.

I'm not 'anti-EE' at all - I'm simply stating how the club might see things if City make it to the PL.

Its what you call an objective view. Most EE supporters are unable to be objective about the EE because they are too emotionally involved with it. Thats why debates such as this need someone without such emotions to contribute - it adds a balanced view that would otherwise be missing.

the balanced view!

if we listened to your ideas last season the eastend would still be occupied and we'd still be forced to listen to away fans drowning out the small pockets of city fans left inside ashton gate with any emotions.

They will probably give allocation of 2,000 tickets to away fans and then the rest to city fans. I believe man united only give most of the away teams 3,000 allocation (thats all they gave man city anyway) so i cant see that there is a certain percentage we will need to give away teams. in the cup i think they have to give an awful lot more something silly like 20% of overall attendance if possible. Hence why clubs can only sale a certain number of season tickets.

• SC&T Board Members
how could we fill in the corners at AG? exiting from the Dolmon stand is already horrendous!

I agree it wouldn't be easy, but you could probably build a scaffold-based temporary stand over the corner exit between the Atyeo and Dolman and something above the club shop.

Not sure it would add enough extra places to make it worth the while, but I've no doubt that things like that are probably being considered.

A bit like Mainz 05 did here, perhaps:

2004_10_30_0043_Fubbes_mainz05_hrox.jpg

I can't see the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa being happy with 2000 tickets. I've no doubt that the club would seriously consider making the EE away fans only. After all there are only about 300 regulars that go in there and they can easily be accomadated elsewhere in AG.

The other factor to consider is what A & S police will have to say.I can see them insisting that the EE is exclusively for away fans only.That would make managing them so much easier.

:fish:

yeah right ok, like we have to be happy with the amount of tickets and they way we have to travel to cardiff??

so we are not restricted in our ticketing regardless of why it is being done, we could fill the away end there twice

over this season if allowed but we are not.

IF we get to the prem there will be a up take of OUR OWN FANS wanting to see us there so yes the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa can bloody lump it when we dish out away tickets

becuse we cater for OUR OWN FANS NEEDS FIRST and if that means mr liverpool getting allocated just 2,000 then so be it.

BRISTOL CITY FANS COME FIRST, IF THATS THE EE THEN OPEN IT.

Ideally I would like to see away fans in the Atyeo and make the East-End home fans only. Whether this is possible I don't know, but I'm sure Lansdown will be looking at all the options.

As for RobboRed, reading his posts infuriates me. He is obviously an intelligent man, but of his 9'996 posts, more or less every one I read comes across as arrogant or condescending. I enjoy reading this forum and there are a lot of good dicussions on here from people more knowledgable than me. But blimey, RobboRed always seems to know best. Wasn't he the guy who said Johnson should be sacked?

Ideally I would like to see away fans in the Atyeo and make the East-End home fans only. Whether this is possible I don't know, but I'm sure Lansdown will be looking at all the options.

Its not possible to put away fans in Atyeo.The access in and out is too restricted.The vast majority of home fans enter AG via the Ashton Road and away fans via the Winterstoke Road entrance.

If the away fans were all gathered at the Ashton Road end it would make the situation potentially dangerous.The police simply wouldn't allow it. Public safety and all that.

Its not possible to put away fans in Atyeo.The access in and out is too restricted.The vast majority of home fans enter AG via the Ashton Road and away fans via the Winterstoke Road entrance.

If the away fans were all gathered at the Ashton Road end it would make the situation potentially dangerous.The police simply wouldn't allow it. Public safety and all that.

Thanks for the reply.

I can't see the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal,Everton,Newcastle,Totenham,West Ham and Villa being happy with 2000 tickets. I've no doubt that the club would seriously consider making the EE away fans only. After all there are only about 300 regulars that go in there and they can easily be accomadated elsewhere in AG.

The other factor to consider is what A & S police will have to say.I can see them insisting that the EE is exclusively for away fans only.That would make managing them so much easier.

Maybe you should do research before you spout junk. Away capacity at Liverpool is 3,000; away capacity at Everton is 1,800; away capacity ar Sunderland is 2,700. So leaving the EE as it is would be fine. I know plenty of people who will be transfering to the EE next year so they don't have to sit on their hands for 90min and listen to all the constant Johnson bashing/ moaning.

I was surprised at the start of the season that the 1000 ST that went on sell didn't sell out. However if the club put 1000 on sale next season then they will sale out in a flash no matter what division we are in.

I was surprised at the start of the season that the 1000 ST that went on sell didn't sell out. However if the club put 1000 on sale next season then they will sale out in a flash no matter what division we are in.

It didn't sell out due to ticket restrictions and those waiting to see how it would be this season

to which people have seen it is ok and not the catalyst for trouble that was first thought,

those waiting now want to move across and join in but are not being allowed becuse of this dam

overflow thing that brings in fans that come along when they feel like it.

let the season ticket holders swap over. :fingerscrossed:

It didn't sell out due to ticket restrictions and those waiting to see how it would be this season

to which people have seen it is ok and not the catalyst for trouble that was first thought,

those waiting now want to move across and join in but are not being allowed becuse of this dam

overflow thing that brings in fans that come along when they feel like it.

let the season ticket holders swap over. :fingerscrossed:

I was under the impression at the start of the season that there would be 1000 tickets for sale and what ever of that allocation wasn't sold as ST's would be made POTD and swaps would be allowed. How wrong was I. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought this however the handbags against QPR didn't help at all. Did the club ever explain why there was only one steward between the two sets of fans before kick off by the way?

I was under the impression at the start of the season that there would be 1000 tickets for sale and what ever of that allocation wasn't sold as ST's would be made POTD and swaps would be allowed. How wrong was I. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought this however the handbags against QPR didn't help at all. Did the club ever explain why there was only one steward between the two sets of fans before kick off by the way?

Some may think it was a set up :surrender: first home game, open to all, little to hardly any segregation, large away following; netting thats not quite big enough......not a qpr or City fan was struck or punched, still enough to stop p.o.d virtually from then on though :disapointed2se:

Thanks B.C.F.C FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION of law abiding fans wishes and there freedom of choice since that riotus day.

So was everyone else under the that impression but the goal posts got changed very quickly.

Archived