IGNORED

Maximum Capacity For A Premiership Ashton Gate

EASTEND WURZEL

Gaining promotion to the premiership would need a ground re-think if the club are to maximise their gate revenue. If the club were to give the entire Eastend back to home fans and then segregate the ateyo.(ala the old park end. this would maximise Ashton Gate's capacity as the eastend has 5500 seats and we could sell every one plus A block by the Williams stand . Home fans in blocks A to HALF OF E so they surround the players tunnel, then some rows of segregation and away fans in the rest of E to H. remember the ateyo only has 4249 even if you take 500 seats for segregation it would still leave us with a match day capacity of 20997. Making Fratton Park still the lowest in the Premier league. This would also give the home fans no restrictions in terms of using the walkway behind the Eastend and allow improved access to Winterstoke road car park. Add to that the reduced policing costs for the club as there would be no away fans in the EE for our "Ciderised" young uns to provoke.

Re rejuvenated support in the Atyeo with the added spice of the close proximity to the away supporters. Raw passionate support from 5500 "Eastenders", together inspiring Ashton Gate into a fortress for our return to the "top flight"

I've thought for a while now it makes more sense to have away fans in the Atyeo Stand for the reasons you've stated above - coupled with the fact that the atyeo is the worst stand for atmosphere, surely me must give it to away fans!!

I've thought for a while now it makes more sense to have away fans in the Atyeo Stand for the reasons you've stated above - coupled with the fact that the atyeo is the worst stand for atmosphere, surely me must give it to away fans!!

so your actually suggesting that the club should forcebly move half a stand mostly full of season ticket holders and force them to sit in other stands?

I'm sure that would go down well with the fans

personally speaking I like the Atyeo for 2 simple reason......it's the cheapest and it has a bloody good view.

personally speaking I'd be totally against being forcebly moved from the atyeo to any another stand, unless of course they are willing to sell me a season ticket seat in the dolman/williams for the cost of the atyeo?

it just wouldn't work, plus you have to consider that it's going to be ALOT more difficult to get away fans in and out of the ground? which end would you give them? the end where most enter and leave the ground into the dolman stand? or the side where the ticket office and club shop are?

complete and utter non-starter to me.

so your actually suggesting that the club should forcebly move half a stand mostly full of season ticket holders and force them to sit in other stands? why not its been done before, there is still no p.o.d access for ANY fan to one stand

personally speaking I like the Atyeo for 2 simple reason......it's the cheapest and it has a bloody good view.

personally speaking I'd be totally against being forcebly moved from the atyeo to any another stand, unless of course they are willing to sell me a season ticket seat in the dolman/williams for the cost of the atyeo?

it just wouldn't work, plus you have to consider that it's going to be ALOT more difficult to get away fans in and out of the ground? which end would you give them? the end where most enter and leave the ground into the dolman stand? or the side where the ticket office and club shop are?

so your actually suggesting that the club should forcebly move half a stand mostly full of season ticket holders and force them to sit in other stands?

You make some good points, but i disagree about getting fans in/out, I think it would probabaly be easier. It was easy enough when it was the away end, before the atyeo was built.

There will obviously be some people who sit in the Atyeo who will be against it, like yourself (fair enough), but I think many will fancy moving to the EE. But the club have done a similar thing before (Premier seating).

If it means a bigger capacity, I think the club may consider it.

This is the solution that I have always considered best, apart from the fact that the access to the Atyeo for away fans would be rubbish and there isn't really anywhere they could put coaches unless they put them by the park. It would also mean that scummy away fans would be near to players cars, but apart from that I think its for the best. However the facilities in the EE for 5500 fans would be absolutely desperate and we'd definitely need to put more toilets and food outlets in place.

I can't see how this is a goer at all.

Whilst nostalgia wise it might be great, the infrstructure of the east end is shocking. There simply aren't enough basic facilities for it to be used as suggested.

Also I don't see how it would be easier to get away fans in the atyeo when the car park is behind the east end!?

One final thing when was the Atyeo EVER used for away fans???

The atyeo stand was'nt, but before it was built it was the away end.

Yes when it was the away end, before it was developed into the home stand with the players entrance and the changing rooms and offices below.

The point is that since it has been the Atyeo it has NEVER been used for away fans, and I don't believe it is feasible to be used by away fans simply due to the points raised by a few of us above.

So what most peole are saying is;

Keep the players car park and ticket offices where they are and try and fit in away coaches next to the team coaches and players cars. Funnel City fans in the Atyeo/Dolman corner, let away fans have half of the best serviced stand in the ground. Move the home end to an old, badly serviced stand with shite views, brilliant now where do I sign :doh:

In all seriousness, I can kind of understand why some would want this but I really don't think its practical or feasible and is all a bit rose tinted.

So what most peole are saying is;

Keep the players car park and ticket offices where they are and try and fit in away coaches next to the team coaches and players cars. Funnel City fans in the Atyeo/Dolman corner, let away fans have half of the best serviced stand in the ground. Move the home end to an old, badly serviced stand with shite views, brilliant now where do I sign :doh:

In all seriousness, I can kind of understand why some would want this but I really don't think its practical or feasible and is all a bit rose tinted.

basically you don't want to lose your seat

You make some good points, but i disagree about getting fans in/out, I think it would probabaly be easier. It was easy enough when it was the away end, before the atyeo was built.

There will obviously be some people who sit in the Atyeo who will be against it, like yourself (fair enough), but I think many will fancy moving to the EE. But the club have done a similar thing before (Premier seating).

If it means a bigger capacity, I think the club may consider it.

Firstly. I'll never sit in the east end again because of one simple reason, The East End view is shocking, i liked it back when I was young, but that was all I knew having since had ST's in the Dolman/Williams and in the Atyeo pretty much since it was built, I would never want to sit in the east end again atmosphere or not, I know many others where were with me at the time, who can't stand the view of that stand, personally. I'm be gobsmacked if 5500 people actually WANTED to go into the east end.

personally I think it would be totally shocking in the terms of getting in and out of the staduim, that corner of the stadium is possibly the worst to get in and out of as it is, it's the main entrance/exit for dolman stand and half the atyeo leave via that corner, with just home fans it's bad enough, but to let away fans out of that corner is just asking for trouble/chaos.

It was the away end 15/20 years back, but back then we weren't getting some of the attedances that we have now, plus of course, back then the area behind the open end wasn't the players car park/entrance, neither was the dolman ticket office located there, plus of course, where the heck are they going to drop the fans off for the away coaches? at the moment it's perfect that they can drop fans off next to Halfords? at the other end of the ground there is no sensible place?

The club have done something similar with the prem seating, however how many fans did it actually effect? 200 MAX? after the backlash from that would they be willing to actually upset 2000 Season Ticket holder in the atyeo for the sake of 2/3 seasons? I'd say no.

plus for of course, why the hell should away fans get the best facilities in the ground that the atyeo has in exchange and have home fans bumped into a substandard stand?

as I've already mentioned, I see no GENINUE BENEFITS to this suggestion for the majority of fans?

what the simple thing they should do with away fans is to actually create for next season a secured semi-fixed fencing arrangement similar to many other grounds in the country and give the away fans that part of the east end, but a fencing that can be moved in event of the odd cup game that requires larger amounts of away fans.

jellyred, the coaches are nowhere near the ground at the present moment, its just as easy to walk from near the ship and castle to the atyeo then it is to the east end.

Sorry should have been clearer, I mean for the higher profile games ie; Swansea, Cardiff, Millwall (all past/present examples )

jellyred, the coaches are nowhere near the ground at the present moment, its just as easy to walk from near the ship and castle to the atyeo then it is to the east end.

they drop off/pick up outside halfords/kfc? sometimes when required even going into the Car Park to drop people off.

Archived