IGNORED

Maximum Capacity For A Premiership Ashton Gate

EASTEND WURZEL

I agree i bought a season ticket in EE because i wanted to and by the looks of it not many people did thats why there is only 400 max of us in there many people in the ateyo obviously did not want to go in the east end this season for various reasons if the new stand was built when it was suppose to when we were in legaue 1 none of this would have been a problem :disapointed2se:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but during one of the Chairman's question times, didn't SL say the capacity will rise if we make it into the Premiership?

I think it was during the London question time and when asked how it could increase he said filling in the corners of the ground between the Ateyo and Dolman, Williams and Ateyo above the shop and possibly adding seats next to the police patrol section by the EE and Williams.

No plans have been made but I think it could be fast tracked if we are to make it this season as no one expected us to get where we are so soon.

Maybe someone who was there could add something.

MM

so your actually suggesting that the club should forcebly move half a stand mostly full of season ticket holders and force them to sit in other stands?

I'm sure that would go down well with the fans

personally speaking I like the Atyeo for 2 simple reason......it's the cheapest and it has a bloody good view.

personally speaking I'd be totally against being forcebly moved from the atyeo to any another stand, unless of course they are willing to sell me a season ticket seat in the dolman/williams for the cost of the atyeo?

it just wouldn't work, plus you have to consider that it's going to be ALOT more difficult to get away fans in and out of the ground? which end would you give them? the end where most enter and leave the ground into the dolman stand? or the side where the ticket office and club shop are?

complete and utter non-starter to me.

Sorry Bh, but money talks in this game, so stand up, grab ya coffee and go and sit over there instead ............

if you had an option of going to watch PL football and seeing the elite of european players up close would you care about the the que for the coffee? ........they would sell like hot cakes , there wouldnt be enough.

yes, but being in the east end, I'd have a longer wait for my coffee due to worse facilites, meaning less time to see this "elite of players"

either way, it's not about coffee, it's about whether it's a realistic idea that has any possibility of happening, there's yet to be a sensible posting about how this would be a good thing and how the club would cope with annoying the season ticket fan base for the sake of one season in the premiership? and the other problems that moving away fans into that area would cause.

I'd say there is about as much chance of this happening as there is as much chance of this idea actually happening as there is of SL giving everyone free season ticket next season/

You cannot get 5'500 into the East End. At best it's around 4'500 with the people at the back getting a postbox view.

What would be a better approach than moving ST holders around is to put some proper segregation in the east end allowing most of the capacity to be used (Cardiff manage it, then we should be able to) and thus we can get up to 3'000 home fans in the east end.

Everyones a winner...

It is an interesting idea but i feel it is very unlikely to happen and i would not really want to see people moved from

where they enjoy sitting, going back to when i made the petition sheets it was done becuse i and others felt agreeved

becuse we were moved out of a stand we enjoyed, now there would be a similar uproar if season ticket holders were

forced out of the atyeo and i would not feel comfortable backing an idea that upset fellow fans the way i was taken

out of the EE, the same as those season ticket holders were moved out the williams becuse of the new prem seating and

i know some of those fans have not been back to ashton gate since.

I still belive the problem is not moving people who don't want to move but allow people to move who want to

and this is not being done at the moment in the EE, now at west brom there was a line of stewards and police

down one staircase isle with both sets of fans each side in hand shaking distance and without a hint of trouble,

that is the way foward, the EE holds 5,500 now it is still possible to have 2,500 away one side (pending on demand)

and have space for 1,500 to 2,000 home the other side with sensible segregation, the problem is getting the eastend

fans in there that want to be as the over flow you attract the one off fans who are not going in there for the right reasons

and over flow fans should be in the dolman allowing those who have been desperate to join in what is happening in the EE

but get knocked back from doing so, now we need to get fans in there that want to be becuse if we get to the prem there

will be an uptake of our fans coming back to the gate again and room should be made around ashton gate to take them and

let in the people who want to be in the EE, so really all that is needed is to restrict the away following and uptake our own fans.

we should stop this stand vs stand thing and just get on supporting city in our own way but just allow season ticket

holders to swap over and free up their seats for sale.

I've often wondered how premiership clubs can manage with one line of stewards separating rival fans even for say spurs v arsenal, whereas ashton gate requires whole bocks of seats for separation. As was mentioned in an above post surely this is the way forward thus increasing the overal capacity.

Just another Pro EastEnd thread. Why do the pro eastend people not understand that the vast majority do not want to sit in that stand. The percentage of forum members who are eastend fans is high, but of the overall City support, it is very very low.

Views are poor and so are the facilities, even if the atmosphere is good.

Never EVER a goer!

Exactly!! great post!

Everyone harps on about the East End, and yes, sometimes the atmosphere it creates can be quite impressive. However, every single City fan had the chance to buy a season ticket in there this season.....and very few took the option up. Why? for many reasons already noted on this thread. Crap facilities, crap view......

.....Now don't get me wrong, I love a good atmosphere, but at the same time, I love my seat in the Atyeo. Had it for 12 years or so now, and certainly wouldnt want to give it up to go and sit in the EE just so the club can make a extra few thousand quid a game!

Exactly!! great post!

Everyone harps on about the East End, and yes, sometimes the atmosphere it creates can be quite impressive. However, every single City fan had the chance to buy a season ticket in there this season.....and very few took the option up. Why? for many reasons already noted on this thread. Crap facilities, crap view......

.....Now don't get me wrong, I love a good atmosphere, but at the same time, I love my seat in the Atyeo. Had it for 12 years or so now, and certainly wouldnt want to give it up to go and sit in the EE just so the club can make a extra few thousand quid a game!

Thats fine cause nobody actually sits in there. By the way it would be the first to fill if it was open to ALL like other stands :disapointed2se:

Thats fine cause nobody actually sits in there. By the way it would be the first to fill if it was open to ALL like other stands :disapointed2se:

Nope, I disagree with you. If people wanted to watch the game from the EE, they would have bought season tickets their last season.

If they opened it to all, I'm sure the Atyeo and Dolman would be more popular

Exactly!! great post!

Aye mate, many diddnt take it up and many diddnt next season. I very nearly diddnt, why? Because I had to pay £80 more for the privelage of being in the stand with the worst view in the stadium. Let me explain, there were no under 16 prices for the East End. My season ticket would have been £105 if I had stayed where I was (Atyeo Block H) but I paid £185 (Student Price) to be in the East End. I was lucky, I could afford to do this because I had the money. Imagine though if you were a parent and had to do this for your kids though (more then 1). No doubt that put a few off.

Anouther reason could be that people were concerned it would see a return of the dark days of hooliganism. I was concerned when I made the move that it could be a mistake if it 'kicked off' in there. It hassnt though, and the only times when it looks even a possibility of happening is when it is overflow. Unfortunally when it go's to overflow quite a few seem to go in there just to 'get at' the opposition fans.

No doubt there are many other reasons why others diddnt make the move. Many more seem to want to now though, yet they cant. I'm pretty sure that if the club let people get Season Tickets in there next season on better terms many more then 250 will take up the offer.

Nope, I disagree with you. If people wanted to watch the game from the EE, they would have bought season tickets their last season.

If they opened it to all, I'm sure the Atyeo and Dolman would be more popular

Opening the East End was never about selling season tickets it was about promoting BCFC via the vibrancy of it's support, providing an area of the ground for vocal support to gather and attempting to keep the support we have who are disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Gate while attracting lapsed fans back. It was all part of a bigger picture where fans young and old, paying on the day or possessing season tickets would gain a firm niche in the future of Bristol City fc by simply relentlessly supporting the team.

Opening the East End was going to be an act that would help heal much of the antagonism between fans and board by offering both fans and club a new start which combined with promotion "should" have left an enduring feel good factor around the ground.

Fans had promised to not simply do nothing if the East End was opened hence Ideas like Forza East End were formed, a pro East End fanzine set up, new flags designed and purchased for the East End, East End badges appeared all before the season started with the view of promoting our club. In turn it was expected the club would give the stand a fair chance of success!

Quickly it transpired that BCFC was to offer no under sixteen season tickets and under sixteen prices well above those of the Atyeo. This act ran totally against East Enders wishes of the stand being for all and acting as a place where young supporters would start a life time of support, attracted by the spectacle of noisy support and being for families wanting to take part not just spectate.

More followed the as club seemed to be giving out contrary advice to fans wanting to purchase season tickets for the East End and a yes you can no can't purchase tickets on the day for the East End approach.

The QPR game saw a superb Murray strike but supposed fellow fans criticised the behaviour of support in the East End while seemingly ignoring fans being ejected from another stand in the stadium. Such was the severity of the so called trouble in the East End where no punches were thrown between supporters over a thirty feet gap that the Evening post, Western Daily press, Sunday Independent or any QPR website failed to mentioned it.

Following a meeting between the Supporters trust and the club to discuss amongst other matters ticketing for the East End the following statement was issue on the trust website :-

The club wishes to clarify that a minimum 1,000 tickets will be available for sale in the East End for future home games (this figure includes season tickets). Depending on demand, this could increase for certain games. Tickets are already available for Scunthorpe and can be purchased in advance up until 11am on the day of the game.

In the following days fans were not allowed to buy tickets for the East End v Scunthorpe and Man City. The club staff then stated that only season ticket holders would be admitted in future despite this information clearly being the opposite to what was advertised on City's website. Finally after the news had been emblazoned over the one team in Bristol forum and yet another PR gaffe became apparent the club put out an announcement:-

Following discussions with Avon and Somerset police, the club have announced the East End will be only used by season ticket holders unless demand dictates otherwise. Incidents at the QPR game led to six arrests and a subsequent review by police and club. For the current time, tickets will only be sold in the East End for overflow purposes should sales dictate Further discussions are due to take place with ;police in the near future.

This decision clearly was in stark contrast to discussion only the previous week where the club had clearly informed the Bristol City Supporters trust that the stand was open to all. If there had been a proper process of consultation with supporters groups important points would have been noted ;-

Police and the safety officer do liaise with each other.Stewards are given a briefing by the chief steward or the training officers and information such as such as tickets sold and any problems expected by the club is shared.

This was a policed match where risk had been identified but police were not in position at kick off time.

Segregation netting was not in place in the manner it had been v Brentford and Rotherham allowing fans to simplly walk around it from both sides.

There were only minor incidents with just juvenile and rather embarrassing posturing between fans despite the inherent risk present in having no police and only a few stewards between thousands of supporters fifteen minutes before kick off time.

Six fans being arrested is six too many but if convicted they will be punished by the courts and banned like they should be. But When the above is taken into consideration it seems inconceivable that a appropriate response to a tiny group's stupidity but also a failing in basic stadium management is to punish the innocent. Surely sense should prevail and good will be extended by BCFC to its own supporters in the East End.

A scenario where the East End is only used where, "demand dictates" looks like expediency and is guaranteed to foster yet more ill will towards BCFC. BCFC cannot be happy with the present situation where City fan is segregated from City fan, fans in the East End cannot even watch games with their own families unless they also buy season tickets and where fans have purchased season tickets for a stand where they truly believed being able to bring friends along was part of the deal. This action after just ninety minutes v QPR simply looks utterly wrong and unjustifiable unless there was really no desire from Bristol City fc to open the stand in the first place.

Bristol City fc has to be better than this, restore what was originally in place for East Enders, was campaigned for by Bristol City supporters and supported by fellow fans wanting others to have a choice. We can then all get back to what is important, supporting the team.

"It was a great atmosphere and I always thank them anyway even when we get beat but I thought the lads behind the goal there worked very hard there in keeping going, on occasions when it was quiet, they got their songs going and suddenly all around the ground joined in, umm and you have to give credit where credit is due, they gave us

some good support just at the right times and you need that support when there is only one goal in it at times "

Forza East End 26/11/07

On the 10th October Bristol Citys Chairman attended a Supporter trust meeting and answered questions regarding the East End. These answers taken at face value were very enlightening but portrayed an image from the club that does not sit with the ideas and vision which had been presented to Bristol City fc by fans.

Q. It seems like the club has changed its mind on pay on the day for the East End due to the trouble at the QPR match. Is this a police decision?

Stephen Lansdown - No, it's the club's decision guided by the Police. Firstly the East End was always going to be opened for season ticket holders only except for overflow on big matches. We'd hoped to sell-out the 1,000 to season ticket holders but there's been a low take up. There were six arrests at the QPR match and the behaviour is a problem. It's not about the policing costs but more about the reputation of the club.

The East End is a catalyst for problems.

Fans who campaigned to get the East End open used the vision of a stand which promoted BCFC via the vibrancy of it's support, providing an area of the ground for vocal support to gather and attempting to keep the support we have who are disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Gate while attracting lapsed fans back. It was all part of a bigger picture where fans young and old, paying on the day or possessing season tickets would gain a firm niche in the future of Bristol City fc by simply relentlessly supporting the team. The effort put into reopening the East End was never about selling large numbers of season tickets. It was all about being able to pay on the

day and fans who bought season tickets were unaware that they were buying season tickets for a stand that was not open for all.

Fans who met the club did not ever suggest a thousand season ticket sales were possible and the club used the sale of no under sixteen season ticket prices to deliberately keep younger fans out of the East End. 95% of fans in the East End are above sixteen which is a statistical anomaly which does not compare to the Atyeo.

Stating the East End is a catalyst for problems is grossly unfair on those fans who occupy it particularly as fans from the Dolman stand have managed to gain access to the stand during a game and according to BCFC caused problems, simple and effective control measures which have been in place in the past have not been employed and problems do affect other stands. The club has failed to respond to observations made about inadequate stewarding, insufficient netting and that for a policed match v QPR police were not INSIDE the East End shortly before kick off time when problems allegedly occurred. There have been numerous stadium management issues which are the primary cause of these minor problems and yet the

club has chosen to punish innocent fans instead.

The East End is exactly the type of support the club should be encouraging, passionate and vocal as any and the type of suppport the manager constantly calls for. The fans within this stand are credit to Bristol City fc and are working to improve the of reputation of the club by means of relentlessly supporting the team.

The spectacle was great. It was a new ground for me and it's certainly one I'd like to visit again. The view wasn't great, but the atmosphere generated in the segregated single tier stand behind the goal was fantastic

Thought they out sung us in our stand for much of the game. They seemed to have a repertoire, I liked the Cider song!!

Burnley fans on Clarets mad

Fans have proposed the following :-

" A meeting with BCFC to discuss the ways forward for the East End - turned down as the club did not see the point!

" Sales of tickets on match days linked to City's data base up to 11am .

" Sales of tickets in groups e.g. four matches using a price which is comparable to what the season ticket cost [£16.30 per game] then sold at £65 - 75 for four. This would be linked to City's data base or a season ticket holder could buy a friend one so it is traceable.

" All Tickets to be sold solely via City's data base so fans can be identified.

" Family/ Guest tickets linked to data base

" Tickets to be sold for the East End when games are policed e.g. Southampton

" A Membership scheme

Virtually nothing has been done! Except Bristol City at one point even deciding to not sell half season tickets for the East End till representations were made on fans behalf then finally deciding the bring a friend ticket could be bought over the phone.

Bristol City football club has again underlined measures which see fans not even being able to bring friends and family into the East End which creates a very poor image of Bristol City fc as being an uncaring club. Bristol City football club has been asked "how do fans in the East End get their families in"? Buy a season ticket or transfer was the answer although when the club does need the extra capacity for overspill miraculously the safety issues disappear. Bristol City fc has had since August to do something positive!!

Stephen Lansdown - "I was the one who got the East End open, I have always listened to fans about the East End and I've tried it again and again. If you want to go in the East End then you can buy a season ticket for it. We're happy to have season ticket holders there because we know who you are. Supporters with season tickets for other areas of the ground can swap into the East End and anyone can swap out to another area too. The demand is not what people were telling me it was".

The East End has not even been opened even for one game in the manner fans had constantly asked for i.e. parity with the Atyeo. There is a demand for this stand and suggesting fans mislead the Chairman is inaccurate and should have been challenged by the supporters trust and minuted. The club were met in january by supporters and it was made very clear that the East End was about pay on the day, being a stand which which has traditionally attracted those on lower incomes, nobody was misled by

supporters who were present that day.

The East End has a unique opportunity to act as a catalyst in making Ashton Gate a fortress and turning match-day into an event that will not only impress people visiting the stadium for the first time, but will also leave them wanting more. We as fans know what the East End can achieve if it was supported by BCFC. No other stand at Ashton Gate has a mindset where support comes from virtually every fan, constantly backing the team vocally as if it were an away match at home. Such a mindset can create a spectacular backdrop to the match if it is channelled correctly, through working with the fans rather than leaving them out in the cold. We could still have support which is the envy of the division, with fans of other clubs witnessing the

East End experience in full effect going away thinking about how passionate, colourful, vibrant and proud Bristol City Fans are of their club.

East End questions 21/11/07

The following questions have been asked on behalf of fellow supporters regarding East End ticketing policy. Here is BCFC's response.

Transfer of season tickets to the East End :-

1: Can this be done over the telephone or does this need to be done in person at the club?

Bristol City fc - The transaction can be done over the phone, but they would then need to bring their existing book to the ticket office for surrender. The new book would be handed over at that point.

2: Can under sixteen's transfer their season tickets to the East End?

Bristol City fc - No. The original deal for people wishing to buy in the Wedlocks was an U21 season ticket and we see no reason to change that. While we do sympathise with our law abiding younger fans, many of the people causing "issues" in the Wedlocks are under 16, therefore we have decided not to sell to that age group.

3: Is it possible to transfer season tickets for one game only?

Bristol City fc - No. We have tried this in the past but only received a minimal take-up. In light of the extra administration involved we see no reason to change current policy.

4: Why are fans who are on City's data base unable to buy a ticket or tickets for the East End in advance?

Bristol City fc - They will be able to, once we have reached the position that the Wedlocks is required as an overflow area.

5: The club have limited the bring a friend scheme to one ticket only is it not possible to extend this for fans with families or fans wishing to bring more than one friend?

Bristol City fc - We are concerned that without a limitation it could be open to abuse.

6: Can the bring a friend tickets be bought over the phone?

Bristol City fc - Yes

7: Fans who have purchased half season tickets for the East End can still not purchase a ticket for the East End. Why can it not be possible for these supporters to buy a ticket for the East End?

Bristol City fc - We see no need to change previously stated club policy: The Wedlock Stand is for season ticket holders only, unless it is being used as an overflow area once the rest of the ground is sold out. So far a very small number of people have purchased a half season ticket for the Wedlock Stand. When these tickets come into effect on the 1st January, they will be able to enjoy the same privileges as other season ticket holders.

8: Will the club be offering fans in the East End the opportunity to buy tickets for the East End at half price for the Barnsley game? Any details regarding the Wedlocks have been omitted on the Clubs website.

Bristol City fc - Yes, if we get to the overflow situation.

Opening the East End was never about selling season tickets it was about promoting BCFC via the vibrancy of it's support, providing an area of the ground for vocal support to gather and attempting to keep the support we have who are disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Gate while attracting lapsed fans back. It was all part of a bigger picture where fans young and old, paying on the day or possessing season tickets would gain a firm niche in the future of Bristol City fc by simply relentlessly supporting the team.

Opening the East End was going to be an act that would help heal much of the antagonism between fans and board by offering both fans and club a new start which combined with promotion "should" have left an enduring feel good factor around the ground.

Fans had promised to not simply do nothing if the East End was opened hence Ideas like Forza East End were formed, a pro East End fanzine set up, new flags designed and purchased for the East End, East End badges appeared all before the season started with the view of promoting our club. In turn it was expected the club would give the stand a fair chance of success!

Quickly it transpired that BCFC was to offer no under sixteen season tickets and under sixteen prices well above those of the Atyeo. This act ran totally against East Enders wishes of the stand being for all and acting as a place where young supporters would start a life time of support, attracted by the spectacle of noisy support and being for families wanting to take part not just spectate.

More followed the as club seemed to be giving out contrary advice to fans wanting to purchase season tickets for the East End and a yes you can no can't purchase tickets on the day for the East End approach.

The QPR game saw a superb Murray strike but supposed fellow fans criticised the behaviour of support in the East End while seemingly ignoring fans being ejected from another stand in the stadium. Such was the severity of the so called trouble in the East End where no punches were thrown between supporters over a thirty feet gap that the Evening post, Western Daily press, Sunday Independent or any QPR website failed to mentioned it.

Following a meeting between the Supporters trust and the club to discuss amongst other matters ticketing for the East End the following statement was issue on the trust website :-

The club wishes to clarify that a minimum 1,000 tickets will be available for sale in the East End for future home games (this figure includes season tickets). Depending on demand, this could increase for certain games. Tickets are already available for S****horpe and can be purchased in advance up until 11am on the day of the game.

In the following days fans were not allowed to buy tickets for the East End v S****horpe and Man City. The club staff then stated that only season ticket holders would be admitted in future despite this information clearly being the opposite to what was advertised on City's website. Finally after the news had been emblazoned over the one team in Bristol forum and yet another PR gaffe became apparent the club put out an announcement:-

Following discussions with Avon and Somerset police, the club have announced the East End will be only used by season ticket holders unless demand dictates otherwise. Incidents at the QPR game led to six arrests and a subsequent review by police and club. For the current time, tickets will only be sold in the East End for overflow purposes should sales dictate Further discussions are due to take place with ;police in the near future.

This decision clearly was in stark contrast to discussion only the previous week where the club had clearly informed the Bristol City Supporters trust that the stand was open to all. If there had been a proper process of consultation with supporters groups important points would have been noted ;-

Police and the safety officer do liaise with each other.Stewards are given a briefing by the chief steward or the training officers and information such as such as tickets sold and any problems expected by the club is shared.

This was a policed match where risk had been identified but police were not in position at kick off time.

Segregation netting was not in place in the manner it had been v Brentford and Rotherham allowing fans to simplly walk around it from both sides.

There were only minor incidents with just juvenile and rather embarrassing posturing between fans despite the inherent risk present in having no police and only a few stewards between thousands of supporters fifteen minutes before kick off time.

Six fans being arrested is six too many but if convicted they will be punished by the courts and banned like they should be. But When the above is taken into consideration it seems inconceivable that a appropriate response to a tiny group's stupidity but also a failing in basic stadium management is to punish the innocent. Surely sense should prevail and good will be extended by BCFC to its own supporters in the East End.

A scenario where the East End is only used where, "demand dictates" looks like expediency and is guaranteed to foster yet more ill will towards BCFC. BCFC cannot be happy with the present situation where City fan is segregated from City fan, fans in the East End cannot even watch games with their own families unless they also buy season tickets and where fans have purchased season tickets for a stand where they truly believed being able to bring friends along was part of the deal. This action after just ninety minutes v QPR simply looks utterly wrong and unjustifiable unless there was really no desire from Bristol City fc to open the stand in the first place.

Bristol City fc has to be better than this, restore what was originally in place for East Enders, was campaigned for by Bristol City supporters and supported by fellow fans wanting others to have a choice. We can then all get back to what is important, supporting the team.

"It was a great atmosphere and I always thank them anyway even when we get beat but I thought the lads behind the goal there worked very hard there in keeping going, on occasions when it was quiet, they got their songs going and suddenly all around the ground joined in, umm and you have to give credit where credit is due, they gave us

some good support just at the right times and you need that support when there is only one goal in it at times "

Forza East End 26/11/07

On the 10th October Bristol Citys Chairman attended a Supporter trust meeting and answered questions regarding the East End. These answers taken at face value were very enlightening but portrayed an image from the club that does not sit with the ideas and vision which had been presented to Bristol City fc by fans.

Q. It seems like the club has changed its mind on pay on the day for the East End due to the trouble at the QPR match. Is this a police decision?

Stephen Lansdown - No, it's the club's decision guided by the Police. Firstly the East End was always going to be opened for season ticket holders only except for overflow on big matches. We'd hoped to sell-out the 1,000 to season ticket holders but there's been a low take up. There were six arrests at the QPR match and the behaviour is a problem. It's not about the policing costs but more about the reputation of the club.

The East End is a catalyst for problems.

Fans who campaigned to get the East End open used the vision of a stand which promoted BCFC via the vibrancy of it's support, providing an area of the ground for vocal support to gather and attempting to keep the support we have who are disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Gate while attracting lapsed fans back. It was all part of a bigger picture where fans young and old, paying on the day or possessing season tickets would gain a firm niche in the future of Bristol City fc by simply relentlessly supporting the team. The effort put into reopening the East End was never about selling large numbers of season tickets. It was all about being able to pay on the

day and fans who bought season tickets were unaware that they were buying season tickets for a stand that was not open for all.

Fans who met the club did not ever suggest a thousand season ticket sales were possible and the club used the sale of no under sixteen season ticket prices to deliberately keep younger fans out of the East End. 95% of fans in the East End are above sixteen which is a statistical anomaly which does not compare to the Atyeo.

Stating the East End is a catalyst for problems is grossly unfair on those fans who occupy it particularly as fans from the Dolman stand have managed to gain access to the stand during a game and according to BCFC caused problems, simple and effective control measures which have been in place in the past have not been employed and problems do affect other stands. The club has failed to respond to observations made about inadequate stewarding, insufficient netting and that for a policed match v QPR police were not INSIDE the East End shortly before kick off time when problems allegedly occurred. There have been numerous stadium management issues which are the primary cause of these minor problems and yet the

club has chosen to punish innocent fans instead.

The East End is exactly the type of support the club should be encouraging, passionate and vocal as any and the type of suppport the manager constantly calls for. The fans within this stand are credit to Bristol City fc and are working to improve the of reputation of the club by means of relentlessly supporting the team.

The spectacle was great. It was a new ground for me and it's certainly one I'd like to visit again. The view wasn't great, but the atmosphere generated in the segregated single tier stand behind the goal was fantastic

Thought they out sung us in our stand for much of the game. They seemed to have a repertoire, I liked the Cider song!!

Burnley fans on Clarets mad

Fans have proposed the following :-

" A meeting with BCFC to discuss the ways forward for the East End - turned down as the club did not see the point!

" Sales of tickets on match days linked to City's data base up to 11am .

" Sales of tickets in groups e.g. four matches using a price which is comparable to what the season ticket cost [£16.30 per game] then sold at £65 - 75 for four. This would be linked to City's data base or a season ticket holder could buy a friend one so it is traceable.

" All Tickets to be sold solely via City's data base so fans can be identified.

" Family/ Guest tickets linked to data base

" Tickets to be sold for the East End when games are policed e.g. Southampton

" A Membership scheme

Virtually nothing has been done! Except Bristol City at one point even deciding to not sell half season tickets for the East End till representations were made on fans behalf then finally deciding the bring a friend ticket could be bought over the phone.

Bristol City football club has again underlined measures which see fans not even being able to bring friends and family into the East End which creates a very poor image of Bristol City fc as being an uncaring club. Bristol City football club has been asked "how do fans in the East End get their families in"? Buy a season ticket or transfer was the answer although when the club does need the extra capacity for overspill miraculously the safety issues disappear. Bristol City fc has had since August to do something positive!!

Stephen Lansdown - "I was the one who got the East End open, I have always listened to fans about the East End and I've tried it again and again. If you want to go in the East End then you can buy a season ticket for it. We're happy to have season ticket holders there because we know who you are. Supporters with season tickets for other areas of the ground can swap into the East End and anyone can swap out to another area too. The demand is not what people were telling me it was".

The East End has not even been opened even for one game in the manner fans had constantly asked for i.e. parity with the Atyeo. There is a demand for this stand and suggesting fans mislead the Chairman is inaccurate and should have been challenged by the supporters trust and minuted. The club were met in january by supporters and it was made very clear that the East End was about pay on the day, being a stand which which has traditionally attracted those on lower incomes, nobody was misled by

supporters who were present that day.

The East End has a unique opportunity to act as a catalyst in making Ashton Gate a fortress and turning match-day into an event that will not only impress people visiting the stadium for the first time, but will also leave them wanting more. We as fans know what the East End can achieve if it was supported by BCFC. No other stand at Ashton Gate has a mindset where support comes from virtually every fan, constantly backing the team vocally as if it were an away match at home. Such a mindset can create a spectacular backdrop to the match if it is channelled correctly, through working with the fans rather than leaving them out in the cold. We could still have support which is the envy of the division, with fans of other clubs witnessing the

East End experience in full effect going away thinking about how passionate, colourful, vibrant and proud Bristol City Fans are of their club.

East End questions 21/11/07

The following questions have been asked on behalf of fellow supporters regarding East End ticketing policy. Here is BCFC's response.

Transfer of season tickets to the East End :-

1: Can this be done over the telephone or does this need to be done in person at the club?

Bristol City fc - The transaction can be done over the phone, but they would then need to bring their existing book to the ticket office for surrender. The new book would be handed over at that point.

2: Can under sixteen's transfer their season tickets to the East End?

Bristol City fc - No. The original deal for people wishing to buy in the Wedlocks was an U21 season ticket and we see no reason to change that. While we do sympathise with our law abiding younger fans, many of the people causing "issues" in the Wedlocks are under 16, therefore we have decided not to sell to that age group.

3: Is it possible to transfer season tickets for one game only?

Bristol City fc - No. We have tried this in the past but only received a minimal take-up. In light of the extra administration involved we see no reason to change current policy.

4: Why are fans who are on City's data base unable to buy a ticket or tickets for the East End in advance?

Bristol City fc - They will be able to, once we have reached the position that the Wedlocks is required as an overflow area.

5: The club have limited the bring a friend scheme to one ticket only is it not possible to extend this for fans with families or fans wishing to bring more than one friend?

Bristol City fc - We are concerned that without a limitation it could be open to abuse.

6: Can the bring a friend tickets be bought over the phone?

Bristol City fc - Yes

7: Fans who have purchased half season tickets for the East End can still not purchase a ticket for the East End. Why can it not be possible for these supporters to buy a ticket for the East End?

Bristol City fc - We see no need to change previously stated club policy: The Wedlock Stand is for season ticket holders only, unless it is being used as an overflow area once the rest of the ground is sold out. So far a very small number of people have purchased a half season ticket for the Wedlock Stand. When these tickets come into effect on the 1st January, they will be able to enjoy the same privileges as other season ticket holders.

8: Will the club be offering fans in the East End the opportunity to buy tickets for the East End at half price for the Barnsley game? Any details regarding the Wedlocks have been omitted on the Clubs website.

Bristol City fc - Yes, if we get to the overflow situation.

Spot on and nail on the head; I was at that first game but havent been to many since; reason total UNFAIR attitude to long suffering fans, whose only wish is to have the same rules for their fav stand as other fans have for theirs.

I shall be there again on Sat :surrender: not because of how the team are going or what div we are in but to buy a few badges from some great guys (and gals) who still fight their corner. :clap::englandflag::city: (not literally)

To be fair, if the majority really wanted to sit in the EE, we would have more in there matchdays? I used to go in EE when home end, but things have moved on really. Its sad that football has lost some of its character with all seaters now but in fairness, it is a bit of a dodgy stand with a bad view in many places. At least with the current set up there is a choice...

in direct comparsion to the Atyeo.

Yes.

View - Ateyo Wins

Food/Drink facilities (ok bad all round the ground) but Atyeo Wins

Toilets - Ayteo Wins

plus you have the concourse area inside the atyeo to get out of the weather pre-match/halftime which although not important at times is useful

Sky Sports News at Half Time (added bonus doesn't matter either way)

Atmosphere - East End

personally......view wins over atmoshpere everytime for me! looking back I can't stand the East End and that terrible view and no seat backs, it's a crap old stand which I've personally no interest in sitting in, the majority of the crowd agree, hence the small number that were actually willing to transfer their ST's into the stand at start of season.

Who gives a monky's what the seats are like, won't be sat down anyway :innocent06:

Actually bh you are wrong, lots of us will be moving to the EE from next season, me and a few mates from the Dullmoan so when they turf you out of your seat you can have mine, superior view included, and enjoy a good old moan

To be fair, if the majority really wanted to sit in the EE, we would have more in there matchdays? I used to go in EE when home end, but things have moved on really. Its sad that football has lost some of its character with all seaters now but in fairness, it is a bit of a dodgy stand with a bad view in many places. At least with the current set up there is a choice...

:disapointed2se: Cant agree there is no choice; apart from my way or the highway;

I know it is not everyone's glass of cider but there is a limited choice for those wanting to go in there and join in,

we know it will never be like the 70's again but those there enjoy it but there is some who want to transfer there

but are not being allowed to.

The banning of p.o.d from the E.E should be lifted now. There is also no reason why a permant barrier should not be in place BOTH sides of away fans, not just one where ever they are situated :sign09:

There could be another solution.

Why not put the away fans in the lower tier of the Dolman.

Works fine at Wolves and this way the whole East End could be opened up to BCFC without taking away seats from Atyeo.

Where would all the little kiddies sit??!!

Archived