IGNORED

Preston V Stoke Featured Game

Never to the dark side

Perhaps the reason why we are near the top is starting to become clear. Whilst teams like Watford, West Brom and (hopefully) Stoke go to places like Preston and Colchester and get f00k all we seem to come away with something. It doesn't matter how much football you play you have to be able to grind out results against teams who are desperate for the points, stop you playing and stick their foot into every tackle.

We had chance to go top before just hope we don't suffer like the other teams around us ? chance to go top puts pressure on some players hope they can adopt mcindo's attitude come on you reds :englandsmile4wf:

We had chance to go top before just hope we don't suffer like the other teams around us ? chance to go top puts pressure on some players hope they can adopt mcindo's attitude come on you reds :englandsmile4wf:

I reckon we should wait until the 46th game of the season before we go top!! I don't particularly think we bottled it against Palace - they played a certain way and we were not at our best to counter it. The fact that we got something from the game in the 95th minute and won on Saturday after going a goal down says more about the mentality and bottle of our lads I reckon.

One weapon we do have is that we are the ones with the most recent experience of winning a promotion battle. Let's hope that know-how counts for something.

I reckon we should wait until the 46th game of the season before we go top!! I don't particularly think we bottled it against Palace - they played a certain way and we were not at our best to counter it. The fact that we got something from the game in the 95th minute and won on Saturday after going a goal down says more about the mentality and bottle of our lads I reckon.

One weapon we do have is that we are the ones with the most recent experience of winning a promotion battle. Let's hope that know-how counts for something.

just like last season, we had some chances to go top but never quite took them even so still ended up going up with momentum and look where we are now

agree I am happy to wait until the preston game at home to be crowned Football League Champions!!

See this is exactly why Bristol City have a huge advantage over the other promotion prospects...There is no real pressure on our boys, because at the end of the day..whatever happens..we've been brilliant...whereas WBA, Watford and Stoke are all championship veteran teams, so there are expectations, and when there are big expectations there is big pressure, and when there is big pressure..mistakes are made.

Had a soft spot for Preston since the final game of the 99/00 season.

Who can forget the emotional scenes when they visited as Champions and gave a fine footballing display before the Atyeo stand "applause" march down to the East End. I suppose the "sags" missing out on the play-offs helped the general elation! :innocent06:

Lets hope they are safe in mid table on the final day of the season and help us celebrate going up as Champions :winner_third_h4h:

Come on Preston!!

See this is exactly why Bristol City have a huge advantage over the other promotion prospects...There is no real pressure on our boys, because at the end of the day..whatever happens..we've been brilliant...whereas WBA, Watford and Stoke are all championship veteran teams, so there are expectations, and when there are big expectations there is big pressure, and when there is big pressure..mistakes are made.

We were mentally tougher than Forest last season, making Calderwood crack and we will make Mowbray, Boothroyd and Pulis do the same!

BBC - "Tonight Stoke's express train has come to a juddering halt!".

Archived