IGNORED

Steve Lansdown "battle Cry"

Dolman Block B

Bristol City chief wants full houses for the final 5 homes games.

Those games being Watford, Plymouth, Norwich, Wolves and Preston.

My thoughts are that this is possible, but only subject to more home fans being given a chance to be homed in the Wedlock stand.

I'm confident the other 3 stands will sell out now.

I think that the away followings will be someone around; Watford 1500, Plymouth 3000, Norwich 1500, Wolves 2500 and Preston, well, maybe only 500/700 based on the fact that they wont have anything to play for.

Norwich always travel with a large away support, although they will have nothing really to play for as well.

I think the club should "take the bull by the horns" and based on those sort figures, allocate the remaining seating (minus segratation) for City fans.

The final home game could/should be just like the Rotherham game last year, when the Wedlocks was packed with 5000 plus noisy home fans....

Thoughts?

I agree Arn. Five home games left and every one critical to our chances of promotion - win each game and we're almost home and dry. It's a special time and requires some special response by the club to maximise our support. The last two games, hme and away, have shown just how important that support is. Put as many City bums on seats as possible.

Perhaps the club should even be doing a special deal to sell a book of tickets for all 5 games, allowing non-ST holders the opportunity to guarantee seats without the hassle of obtaining tickets game-by-game?

Plymouth have sold their full allocation already.I would think that Wolves would also be close to selling out their allocation as they are not that far away in terms of distance.

I always like to the EE full. It adds to the atmosphere.It looks barren when you have the segregation area with all the empty seats.

As for the home fans. No doubt the regular 14-15k will show up but whether City can attract another 2000 or so casual fans with prices as they are is another matter.

Have the club announced any deals with ticket pricing for any of the remaining games? That might help attract a few more fans.

I agree Arn. Five home games left and every one critical to our chances of promotion - win each game and we're almost home and dry. It's a special time and requires some special response by the club to maximise our support. The last two games, hme and away, have shown just how important that support is. Put as many City bums on seats as possible.

Perhaps the club should even be doing a special deal to sell a book of tickets for all 5 games, allowing non-ST holders the opportunity to guarantee seats without the hassle of obtaining tickets game-by-game?

EDIT "PUT AS MANY CITY BUMS ON SEATS AS POSSIBLE"

Exactly. :chant6ez:

Plymouth have sold their full allocation already.I would think that Wolves would also be close to selling out their allocation as they are not that far away in terms of distance.

I always like to the EE full. It adds to the atmosphere.It looks barren when you have the segregation area with all the empty seats.

As for the home fans. No doubt the regular 14-15k will show up but whether City can attract another 2000 or so casual fans with prices as they are is another matter.

Have the club announced any deals with ticket pricing for any of the remaining games? That might help attract a few more fans.

I've found that they are no longer accepting the quid-a-kid vouchers for the rest of the season, something that is a bit disappointing to me (and some of my work colleagues with kids) as it's expensive getting down there with two kids, so a deal would be good. I kept my Hull ticket stubs as per the announcement on the website, so hopefully something may be just around the corner. Can't afford season tickets unfortunately and can't afford to get to more than one more game after the Plymouth one I have booked unless Mr Lansdown gives some incentive to me or allows quid-a-kid again......maybe we'll make Preston, but despite really WANTING to be at every single game it's financially out of reach. We've only been coming since December, admittedly, so aren't diehard fans in terms of attending but that's only because of the cost of modern football..... :( We'd certainly like to be at every game.

To encourage me and my kids to become ST holders or at least regular attendees for the future the price needs to come down or more deals need to be made available at times when they really want the extra support. I opted for a 20 quid 'Invitations' voucher book that my kids' school was trying to sell to raise funds in the hope of making the last handful of games at the Gate this season affordable with the quid-a-kid vouchers only to be told now that I can't use these as their 'allocation has already been used up', a reason I don't fully understand. The vouchers are valid until March 2009 and are brand new but I'm told I won't be able to use them unitl next season now despite using previous ones for the Plymouth, Hull, Blackpool games and others. This isn't a good policy......I know of at least two other people who bought the same voucher book just for the BCFC quid-a-kid vouchers and now can't use them and are also cross with the club about this....I guess they feel they don't need 'cut-price' fans these next few weeks as they're expecting sellouts?! Shame. :disapointed2se:

I think one of the big problems we're having is that there are so few seats available in blocks of more than 2 in the main stands. Perhaps the way to solve this is to allow transfers to the EE very early creating more space in the Dolman and Williams which is more easily sold?

I know what people are saying but I'd be disappointed, amazed and angry if the club, in the position we are in, thought it necessary to offer 'Quid a Kid' discounts right now.

Well, they obviously don't feel it's necessary. But for that reason I won't be made to feel guilty for not being able to afford to attend the last four home games that I don't have booked. I hope they do sell out all these games without us cheapskates as it will demonstrate to me that the fanbase is rock solid when the going is good. I'm not fickle, I'm not a glory hunter after Premiership games, I'm just a bloke with kids who want to go to all the matches but who has a finite budget. I'll have to support them from home - but why do they feel the need to suddenly refuse to accept these vouchers without any explanation beyond what seems to be 'we're doing well, we shouldn't need to' ?

Should they gain promotion will the attitude be the same - 'sorry, we're in with the big boys now, pay up or move on as we can sell the seats full price three times over to plastic Mancs'?

Sorry to rant - I know I don't qualify as a diehard as I haven't been here long enough for that but it just seems a bit hypocritical to ask for extra support for these games which I'd dearly love to give but then to take this attitude with the vouchers. It's not like I'd be getting in for free......

unless Mr Lansdown gives some incentive to me

Surely being 10 games away from the Premier league should be enough incentive for anyone :dunno:

If you can use these vouchers next season you could be paying £1 for your kids to watch Man U, which would be cheaper than my kids ST. Where's my incentive? The season we're having and the season we could have is more than enough for me.

Surely being 10 games away from the Premier league should be enough incentive for anyone :dunno:

Did you read the rest of the post?

It doesn't matter how good the football is if you simply can't afford it.

If you can use these vouchers next season you could be paying £1 for your kids to watch Man U, which would be cheaper than my kids ST. Where's my incentive? The season we're having and the season we could have is more than enough for me.

Season tickets will always be the cheapest way to watch football over a season, what people pay for individual games is irrelevant.

I'd rather see full houses and if it takes some discounts that's what it takes.

I hear what you're saying, I guess I simply can't afford to make the games and should shut up complaining about it.... Without wanting to rehash the argument though, a valid reason for their refusal to accept these things might have met with a more understanding response. I know I'm not alone - guy at work who's been to every game since November also feels the same. Maybe we're both just cheapskate whiners who should put up or shut up :)

Again, we're 'new' City fans so we don't expect the 'loyalty' treatment any time soon (or ever) but doesn't it make sense to ensure the Gate is packed for these last few games regardless of losing a few quid on a few vouchers? The Prem (if attained) will make any fiscal shortcomings disappear very quickly.....

They have reduced prices/had special offers for majority of the home games since the turn of the year and the crowds have been that much higher.

Now we are really looking like pushing for Promotion, enough is enough and it's time to continue with normal prices for the run in, people have had the cheap tickets and their bargains, but it's the serious end now.

if peopel don't want to come....that's their problem.

I really was just referring to the usual Quid a Kid offer, not the books of vouchers.

I don't know much about these, how many were in the book which I believe you paid £20 for? I guess you would have to check the terms and conditions which the club have used to decide these are no longer acceptable this season?

If they aren't used this season then surely you will be allowed to use the next, or they are worthless bits of paper, you may then have more of a bargain than you realise, a Prem ticket for a quid???

I really was just referring to the usual Quid a Kid offer, not the books of vouchers.

I don't know much about these, how many were in the book which I believe you paid £20 for? I guess you would have to check the terms and conditions which the club have used to decide these are no longer acceptable this season?

If they aren't used this season then surely you will be allowed to use the next, or they are worthless bits of paper, you may then have more of a bargain than you realise, a Prem ticket for a quid???

Three vouchers per book, so saves about 45 quid over the three games whilst I pay full adult price. Oh well, as old man terry says, if people don't want to come that's their problem.

However, my problem is that I DO want to come....but can't afford to. Need to save my money for next season, although I guess if we go up I'll be priced out of most of next year too, and that's more to do with the Premiership than BCFC before people start telling me where to stick it.....

That's it, whinge over.

I just feel that if we need to make incentive's at this stage of the season given our position would be quite frankly embarrassing and would show that we are a small club punching above our weight.

I think we ARE a small club punching above our weight, our attendances back that, and the only way we will become a bigger club is through tempting more people to come and watch regularly whilst we have sustained on the field success.

The new stadium can't come soon enough, particularly if we manage to get to the promised land. The more people we get in the gates the more our "hardcore" support will grow.

I just feel that if we need to make incentive's at this stage of the season given our position would be quite frankly embarrassing and would show that we are a small club punching above our weight.

Just to reiterate one point about my posts - rather than having a general quid-a-kid or some other incentive that may indeed make it look like we're desparate to put bums on seats, I was complaining that the club have apparently withdrawn a low-key voucher scheme without explanation. I see your point about a 'half price' deal or something maybe looking 'cheap' (although I don't know that I agree with this) but is it that different to Red and White night, or Scarf Night? All I was annoyed about was that I bought the voucher book to get three tickets to come to the last three games (was willing to pay full price for the Preston at the end of it) if I could and now I'm told that's not possible although no sensible reason has been given. Since Xmas I know they've done a couple of reduced price deals which I took advantage of, but I'm not even saying they should do that again now, I just think it's poor that they won't honour these vouchers.

Bristol City chief wants full houses for the final 5 homes games.

Those games being Watford, Plymouth, Norwich, Wolves and Preston.

My thoughts are that this is possible, but only subject to more home fans being given a chance to be homed in the Wedlock stand.

I'm confident the other 3 stands will sell out now.

I think that the away followings will be someone around; Watford 1500, Plymouth 3000, Norwich 1500, Wolves 2500 and Preston, well, maybe only 500/700 based on the fact that they wont have anything to play for.

Norwich always travel with a large away support, although they will have nothing really to play for as well.

I think the club should "take the bull by the horns" and based on those sort figures, allocate the remaining seating (minus segratation) for City fans.

The final home game could/should be just like the Rotherham game last year, when the Wedlocks was packed with 5000 plus noisy home fans....

Thoughts?

Like the plan; see below vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I'm sure they will honour the vouchers, does it say they can be used for any game or is it up to the clubs discretion?

Says 'subject to availability' on them, and that they're valid until March 2009. Maybe SL's call will be heard and availability will be such (ie sold out) that they won't be able to take them.....but that hasn't happened yet, obviously. In the clubshop and over the phone they're telling me that they simply won't accept any more vouchers this season, no matter which game I try and book. And yet they took one for the Plymouth game a week or two ago....league position a factor here, methinks?

I think one of the big problems we're having is that there are so few seats available in blocks of more than 2 in the main stands. Perhaps the way to solve this is to allow transfers to the EE very early creating more space in the Dolman and Williams which is more easily sold?

Couldnt agree more.

Hopefuly someone at the club reads this thread and passes it on to the people that can make it happen?

Couldnt agree more.

Hopefuly someone at the club reads this thread and passes it on to the people that can make it happen?

Oh bound to "we listen to the fans" :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Will foresake my armchair :noexpression: and be there Tuesday just give us more than a few hours notice;

I think it's definitely time for Mr Lansdown to "put his money where is mouth is" for the remaining home games. We're on the brink of something very special here. As a ST holder I wouldn't give a flying one if the remaining games were 10p for POTD if it meant a full, rocking AG. I like the free scarf idea as well.

As a ST holder I wouldn't give a flying one if the remaining games were 10p for POTD if it meant a full, rocking AG.

I too am a Season Ticket holder and strongly agree.

The other night Nottingham Forest reduced prices for the Sky game against Carlise to £5 across the board and they had their biggest gate of the season.

Do this and full houses would be guaranteed. Of course, as Forest found, wins don't automatically follow, but wouldn't it help. After all, the prize at the end of it all is massive.

Archived