IGNORED

David Noble - Why?

old_man_terry

So do you really think he was our best player, did he get the MOTM, NOOOOO, still cant find my glasses :D:D:D:D

please can you point out where I stated he was the best player?

all I have said is that he played KEY ROLES in BOTH goals today and wasn't in any shape or form our worst player

Skuse WAS and DESERVED man of the match for my reckoning.

Old man Terry, has Noble wronged you in a previous life or something? What is your obscession with slagging him off?

He was by no means the worst player on the pitch today, why can't you just be happy with the 3 points, and save your bitterness towards Noble for when you get home and drift off in to that dark place you go to when you think of him in the first team.

I'm assuming it was you on Geoff Twentystones phone in as well? :grr:

Noble was not good today, gave the ball away too often and was weak in challenges. I wanted him to be subbed, but for people to get on his back is just ridiculous. Who scored the goals that ultimately got us promoted to this division, too many have short memories. Ps I am not one of the Noble lovers, I actually prefer Johnson! On a lighter note Sproule's strange overhead kick from about 25 yards when the ball was nowhere near him made me laugh though.

please can you point out where I stated he was the best player?

all I have said is that he played KEY ROLES in BOTH goals today and wasn't in any shape or form our worst player

Skuse WAS and DESERVED man of the match for my reckoning.

Terry what was his key roles in both goals, i was in the EE and to be fair didnt see a lot of our first goal and the second????? was it because he was on the pitch :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: you got to LARFFF.

Terry what was his key roles in both goals, i was in the EE and to be fair didnt see a lot of our first goal and the second????? was it because he was on the pitch :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: you got to LARFFF.

1st Goal - McIndoe's hard shot was parried by the keeper for Dele to poke home.

2nd Goal - McIndoe flicked on the free kick to Brooker who scored.

Old man Terry, has Noble wronged you in a previous life or something? What is your obscession with slagging him off?

He was by no means the worst player on the pitch today, why can't you just be happy with the 3 points, and save your bitterness towards Noble for when you get home and drift off in to that dark place you go to when you think of him in the first team.

I've celebrated the 3 points in other postings, but just feel that Noble again was poor.

It's not an obession with any player, I just want the best players to play, and I don't believe Noble is good enough and would and have said the same for any player who doesn't do the business on the pitch, I just feel he's had more bad games than good this season, he was ok in league1, but not at this level, I just don't see at times what he brings to the team, as he's supposed to be playing a link up role, but doesn't link up the play hence the last few games he's started in that position people have mentioned how Isolated Adebola is

I didn't and don't give any player abuse when I'm at a game and do save it for the pub/when I get home/and on the forum

sorry, not me on the phone in, I'm guessing you mean Terry from shire.

Cheers Terry, will watch the goals tomoorow morning, still think he was awful? and on a positive note wnen we go up he will be the first player to get his P45. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

I've celebrated the 3 points in other postings, but just feel that Noble again was poor.

It's not an obession with any player, I just want the best players to play, and I don't believe Noble is good enough and would and have said the same for any player who doesn't do the business on the pitch, I just feel he's had more bad games than good this season, he was ok in league1, but not at this level, I just don't see at times what he brings to the team, as he's supposed to be playing a link up role, but doesn't link up the play hence the last few games he's started in that position people have mentioned how Isolated Adebola is

I didn't and don't give any player abuse when I'm at a game and do save it for the pub/when I get home/and on the forum

sorry, not me on the phone in, I'm guessing you mean Terry from shire.

I agree with Terry and I think Noble was off the pace today and like people around me and my mates, we were suprised to see the being replaced by ST rather then Noble. Not saying Nobby is a bad player, but he didn't have a good game at all. Just M.O

Cheers Terry, will watch the goals tomoorow morning, still think he was awful? and on a positive note wnen we go up he will be the first player to get his P45. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

best left winger we have had in pushing 15-20years? top assists and highest scoring midfielder? and a serious contentor for player of the season?

and you want shot of him?

:noexpression:

WAIT AND SEE IDIOT :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

seriously.....your talking absolute RUBBISH,

You just need to read the match report to see the references to McIndoe's role today,

I honestly have no clue what game you were watching and what player you were watching?

for the record....please could you tell me what number you believe you he was wearing as the only thing I can imagine is that you have the players mixed up,

as he was one of our better players today and one of the best players this season

Noble was the main playmaker in the first half and some of his touches were simply sublime.He was City's best player untill the break.After that every City player seemed to lose thier confidence and Noble was no exception.

But anyone who can't see what a great footballer Noble is knows nothing about football.Its just his fitness that seems to let him donw.

'Sublime'??!!. You know always felt slightly sorry for you previously RR in as nuch as you come across as a not so bright whipping boy who loves his football/image but felt your football knowledge gave you a certain credibility that excused the silly little boy that you play on this site.

Now can't let you or any other Noble cuddle ups get away with that. He did nothing. At all. Worst player on the field by a mile and what's worse is that if you're going to appeal having lost the ball to a fair challenge, get up off your ass just a tiny bit quicker and try and win it back. Also given a ball to your feet with players making runs around you it's not considered a requirement to pirourette 360 on every occassion before you decide which option you intend to take. Luckily 3 out of 4 will be offside by then so eases the pressure of choice. Slowest brain on the pitch assuming the pigeons stay off . Noble.

seriously.....your talking absolute RUBBISH,

You just need to read the match report to see the references to McIndoe's role today,

I honestly have no clue what game you were watching and what player you were watching?

for the record....please could you tell me what number you believe you he was wearing as the only thing I can imagine is that you have the players mixed up,

as he was one of our better players today and one of the best players this season

Number 11, golden boots unlike his performance? :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Isnt it funny how we all see different things when we watch a game of football....I thought Noble was very poor again today, yes he has good touch but kept giving the ball away and looked knackered after 30mins let alone 80 when he finally came off. Murray had a couple moments pushing through but ultimately done no different to Sproule really and never beat his man on the side. McIndoe had one of his quiestest games in little while but still showed that bit of class to set up Brooks at the end. Another player who has been receiving some abuse recently, McAllister, I thought had a good game against argurably their best player on the day in Croft. Skuse was everybit Marv's replacement and will keep his place with energetic yet composed displays like that.

So id like to see Wilson in for Murray next game as he offers some real pace and more defensive help to Bradley Orr, and Brooker in the Noble as him or Adebola will no doubt drop abit deeper to pick up the ball.

I am sure that Jack is on a wind up. Mcindoe was ok today, not brilliant but he still looks our most dangerous player. He is defo our player of the season just ahead of Johnson and carey. Noble is lacking match practice he actually looked fitter than i have ever seen him, he worked hard but lacked the finish. We struggled with no pace in the final third but i would like to see Brooks alongside dele against soton.

I thought Noble produced his worse performance in a City shirt yesterday tbh. I'm a big fan of his but he was shocking.

Skuse played well though and Carle looks out of his depth. Whether or not he's still settling in or not I don't know but either way we could use investment in that central midfield area come the summer.

Sorry to drag it up again, but his first start for a while and think my previous posting summed up his performance today, even worse that against Watford, he was just bloody dreadful today, how he wasn't subbed earlier in the game I'm not sure, especially considering how poor we were in the 2nd half and how we just couldn't keep possesion.

how many chances does this bloke need?

As many as Trundle & Sproule perhaps?

Elliott's been off his game for weeks

Come off it, you're not sorry at all and why you turn up hoping that Noble fails baffles me-Leave the lad alone-Why resurrect this old thread if you're "sorry to drag it up??" :disapointed2se:

Not that sorry though, I think some of the comments directed at Noble today were pretty sad, especially if we cast our minds back to the state of this club before he came in and added a touch of quality to our midfield. I heard some bloke shout "eff off Noble as he was subbed".

With regards to today's game, I thought he was fine, but not great. And in my opinion, much of our play in the first-half went through Noble, who's always looking for the ball and at least he tries to invent something - sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't.

Personally, I thought McIndoe had a very poor game today and his final ball was very disappointing at times.

Noble was poor today, given his talent and I've said so in the R&R.McIndoe has his usual game, although he neglected his defensive duties today AND most importantly, TWO assists

Is that Michael "1 assist, and played key role in first goal" McIndoe?

No, it's Michael two assists today, three goals this season and 8 assists this season,McIndoe.

the club has moved on though since Noble joined, we were struggling in league one and now top of the championship, players come, and when they are no longer good enough, they go.

Not the answer and far too simplistic.Noble HAS contributed at this level and is capable.The real issue is giving him enough games to maintain match fitness and playing the right team shape. You also haven't mentioned the fact that we played 45 minutes with a second choice central midfield, that didn't help.

agreed, he was always looking for the ball, but constantly lost possession in key areas and just wasn't at the races today, personally I don't boo players at the games and don't condone it personally I try keep any negtivity on this forum, however I agree he was getting alot of stick during the game and even some ironic cheers when he was subbed, unfortunately though that doesn't help the team at all.

Correct, but understandable and it's borne out of frustration not antagonism.

PMT? :innocent06: Noble's Probably not Mates with Terry

Did you go, it was a glancing header?

best left winger we have had in pushing 15-20years? top assists and highest scoring midfielder? and a serious contentor for player of the season?

I rate Alan Walsh & David Smith more highly

Noble had a poor game today by his standards yet he was still more effective than Carle and Skuse put together and no worse than Lee Johnson.

I wouldn't go along with that in terms of Skuse who I thought was good, particularly as it was his first start in ages.

Terry seems to have a bit of an axe to grind with him, not sure why really.

See above :whistle2:

why you turn up hoping that Noble fails baffles me-Leave the lad alone-Why resurrect this old thread if you're "sorry to drag it up??" disapointed2se.gif

it's not that I'm hoping he fails, it's just a sign of dispointment that after endless poor performances, he still gets picked for vital games and then fails to perform time and time again other players have not performed and get left out as you say but work hard to get back in the team through sub appearances, I just don't see what he did to deserve a start, needless to say, I'm sure we will all agree that he's unlikely to start at St Mary's,

many others bump older or unread threads if they feel there it's relevant, so why can't I?

No, it's Michael two assists today, three goals this season and 8 assists this season,McIndoe.

think you will find it's Michael "4 goals and 9 assists this seson" Mcindoe. :whistle2:

yep, as ever, it's already been mentioned, memory not what it used to be, not sure why i thought it was a shot,

why you turn up hoping that Noble fails baffles me-Leave the lad alone-Why resurrect this old thread if you're "sorry to drag it up??" disapointed2se.gif

it's not that I'm hoping he fails, it's just a sign of dispointment that after endless poor performances, he still gets picked for vital games and then fails to perform time and time again other players have not performed and get left out as you say but work hard to get back in the team through sub appearances, I just don't see what he did to deserve a start, needless to say, I'm sure we will all agree that he's unlikely to start at St Mary's,

I wouldn't be so sure.GJ doesn't like changing a winning sde however, unlike most of this season, a lot now depends on injuries to virtual ever presents in Johnson & Elliott.

think you will find it's Michael "4 goals and 9 assists this seson" Mcindoe.

Even better than I thought! Still, at least I got the number right yesterday!

yep, as ever, it's already been mentioned, memory not what it used to be, not sure why i thought it was a shot,

Old age doesn't come alone old chap! :10_1_108:

Terry you were right, i seen Mc indoes flick for Brookers goal didnt really see his shot for the first goal, but i hold my hands up and apologise, i still think Mcindoe fannys about far to much when trying to beat his opposite number, anyway we all see the game in different ways, HERES TO 3 POINTS AT SOUTHHAMPTON. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Mcindoe was involved in everything on saturday and had a really good game and also Skuse had a really good game! Murray had an ok game considering he hasn't featured for months, having been brought back in there is no reason he won't start the next game or at least feature.

Noble had a nightmare and dosn't seem to be able to last more than 45 mins, he dosn't seem to have ever fully recovered from his last injury.

Another player who has been receiving some abuse recently, McAllister, I thought had a good game against argurably their best player on the day in Croft.

I think I have to disagree with you about McAllister I think he looks out of his depth. He was ok at League One but not really good enough for this level. I would like to see Fontaine given a chance at left back, not as good going forward, but a more accomplished defender.

Archived