IGNORED

New Stadium Name

Tim S

I was talking to a friend of mine in London the other day and he was talking about the proposed new stadium we are possibly going to be building.... hopefully sooner rather than later. He asked what I think it should be called, if its not a sponsors name (although that seems to be the trend these days - ie: Emirates Stadium etc....). I thought for a minute and couldnt actually come up with something!!! I would hate to come up with a crap name that means nothing to do with the City or the football club. I mean - what the hell someone was thinking when they came up with "Stadium of Light" I don't know! Even though I'm used to that now, at the time it seemed bizarre - and still does when you think about it.

So I was wondering, to try and talk about something other than the "P" word..... lets try and think of a possible name for a stadium if ever one is built!!! I know its a random subject considering its not even confirmed if its going ahead yet or not, but I just want to take my mind of the normal subjects on here!!

If its sponsored, I can imagine something like "The Blackthorn Stadium" but that is just too obvious! And "The Bristol Trade Centre Stadium" - Yuk! Maybe we could get Hugh Heffner to sponsor it! "The Playboy Stadium" - now theres a thought! Instead of cheerleaders.... bunny girls! Wahey! I'll get my coat...

Seriously though....can anyone think of anything decent?!

New Gate or Brunel Gate!

The trouble with the new Gate is that after a while it stops being new.....I think Millwall now call The New Den just The Den, as "New" just sounds silly after all this time!

Long Ashton Gate wouldn't be too bad....not a huge deviation, and let's be honest, we would all only refer to it as The Gate anyway!

some i thought of

Happy shopper stadium

Carpet right ""

The Wuzels Arena

Serousily though lets hope given our recent history Ikea do not take it upon themselves to sponsor the stadium on Benny's say so then again i cant see anyone doing anything on his say so. If they did does that mean we will have to errect the thing ourselves every fan has to get a flatpack then all down to the site to put it up Laugh

'The Stadium With No Name Stadium' would be original an un-precedented....

barring that I'm up for 'Ayesome Park'.

To add a constructive comment: unless I am very surprised I can not see it being named either after:

a) a coperate sponser

b) some other wanc

..... we'll see though.. he surprised me with the appointment of Johnson.

I was talking to a friend of mine in London the other day and he was talking about the proposed new stadium we are possibly going to be building.... hopefully sooner rather than later. He asked what I think it should be called, if its not a sponsors name (although that seems to be the trend these days - ie: Emirates Stadium etc....). I thought for a minute and couldnt actually come up with something!!! I would hate to come up with a crap name that means nothing to do with the City or the football club. I mean - what the hell someone was thinking when they came up with "Stadium of Light" I don't know! Even though I'm used to that now, at the time it seemed bizarre - and still does when you think about it.

So I was wondering, to try and talk about something other than the "P" word..... lets try and think of a possible name for a stadium if ever one is built!!! I know its a random subject considering its not even confirmed if its going ahead yet or not, but I just want to take my mind of the normal subjects on here!!

If its sponsored, I can imagine something like "The Blackthorn Stadium" but that is just too obvious! And "The Bristol Trade Centre Stadium" - Yuk! Maybe we could get Hugh Heffner to sponsor it! "The Playboy Stadium" - now theres a thought! Instead of cheerleaders.... bunny girls! Wahey! I'll get my coat...

Seriously though....can anyone think of anything decent?!

It has to be; Ashton G8, ( note;/forum right at the top for this)

Inspired by OTIBs most controversial psoter, build it in Yate and call it AShton Yate!!

On a serious note, "The New Gate" "Ashton Newgate"

Unfortunately Newgate was the name of an infamous prison c1800. Would it give the right vibe?

Just call it Ashton Gate, it is in practically the same spot.

To get it passed by the council I think we should call it The Multicultural Metrosexual Carbon Neutral Recycled Waste Stadium, just so we don't offend anyone.

Almost as good as your bouncing avatar screech!!

We should try and ensure that we can stick to some sort of tradition - Walkers stadium, The Emirates, The Brittania....to name but a few of the most mundane and lazy types of stadia name (or 'branding')

The Gate.

Have it.

The **highest bidder brand name** Gate

It wouldn't be that great a name, but it would mean that with the money we might actually have a chance of building the thing! which is what we all want

That's a good point and you wil probably be proved right - though hopefully common parlance off screen/radio/web etc etc will continue to call City's home Ashton Gate or The Gate at least.

The reason we have Ashton Gate now is because the area is Ashton Gate, so calling it Ashton Gate is politically incorrect, although like many of you I wouldn't mind.

I live in Ashton Vale so to call it The Ashton Vale Stadium would be excellent. A lane from Ashton Drive into the Stadium would also be top of my list. I wouldn't have to walk all the way around then!

MM

I think that the word 'gate' has to be in the new name.

So...New Gate is a good name. Maybe 'South West Gate' as the new stadium will be between the two main roads into Bristol from the south west.

Probably end up with something like 'The Tesco Gate' or maybe the Nike Arena.Depends who comes with sponsoring the stadium.

Archived