IGNORED

Brooker Back!

Kingswood Village

Guest Eamer

Can't help but think there might be a lot of disappointed people on here. Calling him Sir etc. not deserved at this moment, we'll see how it pans out. Hopefully it'll go well.

Can't help but think there might be a lot of disappointed people on here. Calling him Sir etc. not deserved at this moment, we'll see how it pans out. Hopefully it'll go well.

Just what does it take to ring your bell, tick your boxes, make you happy? Perhaps a good night's sleep as you were posting at 3.15 am??

I think SB is back for one reason to give the some competition so that he will raise his game even more. I will be surprised to see SB start at all during the last 7 games unless the form slips dramatically.

our form has slipped dramatically.

3 points from the last 12, and 2 goals, one a pen & one from a corner.

if that's not something to worry about I don't know what is, I doubt he will start on saturday, but I'd imagine he will be on the bench, Johnson has been watching him carefully no doubt in training over the last couple of months and letting him play at cheltenham, he wasn't going to bring him back unless he was going to be involved.

I think it's cards on the table time for the boys now - and Brooker coming back was inevitable with the form that he is in.

We're so close it's unreal now and I believe that it would have been criminal not to have have given Brooks a chance, we surely have to throw every resource we've got at this opportunity, at least we'll know if it will pay off or not.

If Brooks had not been given a chance we would always have wondered "what if" and I couldn't bear the thought of that question hanging over us at the end of the season, if things don't work out.

This promotion race is like the US Masters. On the last Sunday, when the leaders get to Amen Corner the commentators usually say " the tournament really starts now". What they mean is that the previous three and a half days have put the contenders in place, the last 8/9 holes determine who the winner will be - some will drop back, others will surge through the field.

This promotion race is the same. Many posters make a lot about our consistency over the first 30 games, and they are right to do so, but only to a point. The first 30 games put in a strong position as contenders, but the "real" promotion race started at the begining of this month. You only have to look at recent results to see that past form starts to go out fo the window and the only reason we've stayed at the top is because of the failings of our rivals, but we won't get promotion if we rely on others failing.

Momentum is the key from now on and the stark reality is that our momentum is slowing to a crawl as fast as our goalscoring is drying up. We were bound to have another blip this season and it might be a blessing in disguise that's its happened over the last few games , while GJ can do something positive about it. IN a few weeks time it might be too late to change anything, and the longer we go without goals and results the greater the likelehood that players confidence and form will drain away.

Bringing Brooker back is a no lose strategy. Brooker is one of our own players, so I can't see it having a negative impact on team spirit. In fact, I suspect a lot of players will be pleased for him as they have seen the hard work he's put in to recover from injury. Let's not forget that Steve still owes the club big time after the night club incident and this gives him a chance to repay the club's faith in him and he will won't need much motivation if he gets a chance - it will be like having a new signing on board.

Importantly he does give us something different from what we've already got. I've always thought that he is one of the most awkward (to play against)strikers Ive seen play for City. He's not really a target man, yet more often that not balls played up to him stick, and he always seems able to bring other players into the game and wins more than his fair share in the air. He's not quick, but he is very difficult to knock of the ball when running at defences. In and around the box he has a habit of turning defenders and creating a chance out of nothing. I will be surprised if he starts over the nest week or two, but if we are struggling then would expect him to come on the change things around.

Brooker hitting a bit of goalscoring form at Chelts might just be the bit of luck we need at the moment. Someone commented about Trundle's confidence rising after his penalty on saturday. On that basis, how high will Brooker's confidence be after 5 goals in 6 games?

hmmm no pressure? :innocent06: I don't want to get over excited about him coming back ! stuff it we've hardly been scoring and he's in rich vein of form.

I think he'll make the bench :englandsmile4wf:

Steve is 27 years old. If we are talking pressure he might take some away from other striker but he feeling pressure is nonsense.

More important he will make it. No doubts.

Another thing, Enoch Showunmi is not a football player.

Steve is 27 years old. If we are talking pressure he might take some away from other striker but he feeling pressure is nonsense.

More important he will make it. No doubts.

Another thing, Enoch Showunmi is not a football player. A rapper with a grade in economy that must have comed in to football very late. Lacks understanding of the game. In my opinion that is.

Makes me wonder, did you see Steve 2 years ago, or rather have you even seen Steve play?

If you've recently joined the wagon I expect he's just a name to you...

:fastasleep:

Archived