IGNORED

Brooker Back!

Kingswood Village

Uh oh this means the return of SARAH B as well :surrender:

quote from sarah on cheltenham site.........

.........."I thought i would be happy the day he returned to city but for some reason I'm not"

perhaps she wants to stay up at cheltenham! :fingerscrossed:

No it doesn't and if she even tries to register another account when banned then she'll regret it :innocent06:

Haha, well played Sir! Send her in the direction of the nut house while your at it please! :shutup:

Great news on Brooker coming home though. Think he's got a big part to play in the coming games. I'd start him ahead of Dele on Saturday as he's the 'form' striker and Dele could come on and run tiring legs ragged, something Brooks hasn't got in his locker.

Haha, well played Sir! Send her in the direction of the nut house while your at it please! :shutup:

No need to tin, she has been posting on the Gas forum already, she must have found her own way!

Good news about Brooker. I really thought it was now or never with him, so 'now' it is then. He either provides us with another option, or gives us the ability to shake the current strikers up a bit. Nothing like a hungry fans favourite returning to focus minds and bodies!

Barrow closed quite a while ago sadly, the pictures in one of the links on my signature will testify this. :innocent06:

Barrow closed quite a while ago sadly, the pictures in one of the links on my signature will testify this. :innocent06:

They are all in a brand new super dooper place next to Tesco's in Briz now Tom, and probably have internet access too!!! :o

Is he ready ? Just come off the back of 5 goals in 6 games in LEAGUE ONE if he is a player that's going to start for a CHAMPIONSHIP club (hopefully not for long) he would have to be scoring 2 every game for me. I know he's been recovering for ages with his knee but i still feel that we should have left him there for the rest of the month. I think GJ may have been jumping to conclusion a bit, we lose one game and now all of a sudden we need a striker again! But anyway good luck Steve

Up The City :englandsmile4wf:

Is he ready ? Just come off the back of 5 goals in 6 games in LEAGUE ONE if he is a player that's going to start for a CHAMPIONSHIP club (hopefully not for long) he would have to be scoring 2 every game for me. I know he's been recovering for ages with his knee but i still feel that we should have left him there for the rest of the month. I think GJ may have been jumping to conclusion a bit, we lose one game and now all of a sudden we need a striker again! But anyway good luck Steve

I personally don't think he's ready but we've got nothing to lose really.

I would love to be proved wrong as well.

Hold on a minute.

Our whole team was only playing in league one 12 months ago, and Brooker was generally regarded as being more than good enough for us.

Brooker's proved his fitness and we know that he has good ability relative to the other players in the squad, so where's the problem?

2 every game?! If he was doing that I'd think Real Madrid would be after him.

Hold on a minute.

Our whole team was only playing in league one 12 months ago, and Brooker was generally regarded as being more than good enough for us.

Brooker's proved his fitness and we know that he has good ability relative to the other players in the squad, so where's the problem?

Exactly. It's not as if we're drafting Enoch back in for the last few games is it?! :noexpression:

I'd like to hope this is a wind up.

He was, he is and he always has been a better player than Enoch will ever be.

Maybe a few years ago, but his fitness has always been an issue

Granted he has played a few games for cheltenham and scored 5 in 6 which is great

Jevons has been banging them in for Huddersfield, would you have him back???

Enoch didnt do that bad a job, probably not good enough for this level, but you know what your going to get!!!

Maybe a few years ago, but his fitness has always been an issue

Granted he has played a few games for cheltenham and scored 5 in 6 which is great

Jevons has been banging them in for Huddersfield, would you have him back???

Enoch didnt do that bad a job, probably not good enough for this level, but you know what your going to get!!!

Jevons done cack all at league 1 level, he missed so many chances, sorry but he isn't good enough for the championship.

Brooker is a total different player again to jevons, brooks will shake defenders up, shoot ie his goal vs northampton which he does so well, i think he could bag 2/3 more goals before seasons end quite comftably.

I'd love to see the Brooker that was around in the Tinnion era and yeah hopefully he'll come in and get some important goals which keep the momentum going and get us up, but with the guys we got at the moment and our inability to look threatening in anything but a 4-5-1 formation (2nd half at Charlton aside) I can't see him making that much difference, unless GJ drops Adebola and plays Brooks upfont on his own, which could be an option just have to wait and see I spose, in GJ we trust :fingerscrossed:

ROOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEYYYYYYYYYY. ROOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEYYYYYYYYYY.

Sorry. Getting carried away. STEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BROOOOOOOOOOOKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I've just got a feeling that God is in his Heaven and All's Well at Ashton Gate.

Cardiff, be afraid, be very afraid.

And Cheltenham? Thank you very, very much.

ROOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEYYYYYYYYYY. ROOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEYYYYYYYYYY.

Sorry. Getting carried away. STEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BROOOOOOOOOOOKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I've just got a feeling that God is in his Heaven and All's Well at Ashton Gate.

Cardiff, be afraid, be very afraid.

And Cheltenham? Thank you very, very much.

Bloody hell ! Reading all these postings it would appear that this bloke is regarded as the new Messiah !!

I just hope that everybody's right...

Bloody hell ! Reading all these postings it would appear that this bloke is regarded as the new Messiah !!

I just hope that everybody's right...

What else is there to get excited about in the wee small hours?

It's just a great craic supporting a group of blokes passing a bag of wind about who might end up in the Prem with £60m & world wide coverage for at least 12 months.

What the hell! Put Stevie, Truns, Dazza, Scotty, Dele & Nobes on to start, just play 4 6 & frighten cardiff to death!!

Somebody always has to say score a hatrick, or score a couple Lets think about that.

Brooker is only 26 with two good seasons of scoring. He brings other importent things to the team, and City always looked more confident with this bruiser up front.

Brooker at around 14 stone, puts himself about, brings other players into the game, gives other players more room to move and gives a lot of vocal leadership.

Given GJ's selection process of strikers playing around 60-70 minutes, and formations which have a low scoring record, I don't expect Brooker to be an instant scoring wizard. He does however increase the scoring ability of players around him and keeps the opposition defence on the back foot.

If he does the above and chips in with a couple of goals in the final 7 matches, that may be enough to tip the scales our way. GJ wants automatic, play offs are a drain at the end of a long season, and shortens the needed break for players and staff.

All that aside, imo Brooker is as good as anything we have and he has something to prove......Big time !

Archived