IGNORED

Matt Hewlett

Keepers Ball

14 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

What a player

Is this a real life example of a time warp - i e 

A discontinuity or distortion occurring in the flow of time that would move events from one time period to another or suspend the passage of time 

Hewett was a very average midfielder who tried hard but lacked real quality, that's why he moved on to Swindon and then further down the ability scale to Torquay United.

I remember him as a lightweight in midfield who the only real recollection I have of him is him blatantly hand balling in the box at Sunderland and getting away with iit. I think we drew the game.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hewett was a very average midfielder who tried hard but lacked real quality, that's why he moved on to Swindon and then further down the ability scale to Torquay United.

I remember him as a lightweight in midfield who the only real recollection I have of him is him blatantly hand balling in the box at Sunderland and getting away with iit. I think we drew the game.

May I be the first to say .....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(the old ones are the best) :shifty:

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

I thought the opposite, I thought he had quality, good vision and a calmness about him, but his stature and lightweight frame meant he was all too often bullied out of games. One of those perhaps more adept to a higher standard of football but never showed enough in the lower leagues to get that chance. 

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I thought the opposite, I thought he had quality, good vision and a calmness about him, but his stature and lightweight frame meant he was all too often bullied out of games. One of those perhaps more adept to a higher standard of football but never showed enough in the lower leagues to get that chance. 

I don't remember those qualities in him. Tinnion definitely had them and to a lesser degree so did Tommy Doc. Maybe the two of them overshadowed his performances.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don't remember those qualities in him. Tinnion definitely had them and to a lesser degree so did Tommy Doc. Maybe the two of them overshadowed his performances.

Tommy had all the ability but was also as good at smoking & drinking. Should've had a long career at a decent level instead of not being that bothered. A real waste of talent. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Doherty 

30 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Pretty sure he got an U21 Cap when England played at AG.

Think he was an unused sub.

Not at all uncommon for a player from the club hosting the game to have a player in the squad who didn't actually feature...

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think he was an unused sub.

Not at all uncommon for a player from the club hosting the game to have a player in the squad who didn't actually feature...

You may well be right on that.

I do remember the days when that used to happen. For some reason another ex-midfielder with U21 caps just popped into my head.......Andy May!

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

You may well be right on that.

I do remember the days when that used to happen. For some reason another ex-midfielder with U21 caps just popped into my head.......Andy May!

I remember a one page spread in (I think) The Bountyhunter back in its first run. All it said was...

MAY.....

Why don't you even look like you're trying?

Archived