IGNORED

Gary Johnson - The Don!

downendcity

What nonsense!

Johnson will leave City at some point in the future but when he does it won't be because he got sensative over what some fans are saying.

Any manager who walks away because some fans are giving him stick whether justified or not should think of a career change.

If you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen.

Of course it's not nonsense, it's a very worrying possibility.

Still as long as #### on Radio Bristol get their ill educated moan every week, and comeplete tosspots on here can come out with their unqualified b***ocks, it's ok eh!

There's far too many City fans who find it easy to moan, and make knee Jerk reactions.

Lets not forget that classic "conference manager" post, geez that fella must be a right fool head.

Do they still post?

Fans are quick to dish out criticism so they need to accept it when it comes their way

Fans pay alot of money and have been at a club alot longer so they deserve to have a voice . So those who get paid alot at the club should think before attacking the hand that feeds them.

Of course it's not nonsense, it's a very worrying possibility.

Still as long as #### on Radio Bristol get their ill educated moan every week, and comeplete tosspots on here can come out with their unqualified b***ocks, it's ok eh!

There's far too many City fans who find it easy to moan, and make knee Jerk reactions.

Lets not forget that classic "conference manager" post, geez that fella must be a right fool head.

Do they still post?

Yeah i'd imagine they do cos it was the Chairman of the Supporters club that actually called for GJ head bet they feel a right left knocker now don't they. :nono:

Never stop BELIEVING

Its important to have perspective.

The fans who moan and cry all the time will moan and cry all the time irrespective of position or league, they are simply born *****.

GJ should not worry about this as they are not a true representation of the City fans, far from it, they are about 1%, but becuase they wind people up they will get more air time and wind even more peoplel up.

GJ needs to understand about these 'few' **** idiots, 99% of City fans are 100% behind the clubs/squad/chairman/everything!

This is all what is important, i would even go as far to say that the uneducated drivel i hear from these moaning drips are actually Sags trying to sabotage us from within.

This season has been a total sucess, to think otherwise means you're a cocksucking Sag and you can **** off!

How will "we" remember them?

I wouldn't put it past GJ to print out and store some of the real vile stuff on here that was/has been aimed at him.

Nor would I put it past him to scorn upon some members and give them a nickname :innocent06:

Gary Johnson is urging Bristol City fans to keep the faith during what promises to be a tense run-in to the Championship campaign.

Confidence has been eroded among City's supporters following a disappointing record of one win in seven games, which has undermined the club's quest for automatic promotion to the Premier League.

The manager and players have been on the receiving end of criticism from a minority of fans unhappy with the nature of Saturday's 2-0 defeat at the hands of relegation-threatened Southampton.

Article Continues

Click here!

City were a pale shadow of the side that stormed to the top of the table last month and Johnson admitted the limp showing at St Mary's was probably the worst his team had performed all season.

Yet City remain in the top two with four games to play and still have an opportunity to claim automatic promotion for a second season in succession.

Johnson says he and assistant Keith Millen are doing everything they can to bring a turnaround in fortunes ahead of Saturday's home clash with play-off hopefuls Wolves - and he is urging City fans not to desert their team now.

When asked about criticism on radio phone-ins and internet fans' forums, Johnson said: "That's just human nature and there's not much you can do about it.

"There are some who are almost willing us to fail and they are the ones who make most noise when we lose a game like we did against Southampton.

"If we're successful at the end of the season, we'll remember those who are being negative now."

Referring to Saturday's display at Southampton, Johnson added: "All I can do is apologise to the supporters and promise to do everything possible to turn things around before we play Wolves.

"The supporters should know that everything they probably want to say to the players has already been said by me. They have to trust me to get things right.

"Generally the supporters have got behind us and been brilliant this season. We really appreciate the backing they have given us and I want them to stick with us during these last four games.

"We're still in a good position and they have to remember that. Most of our fans would have settled for a mid-table position at the start of the season. It was the players and staff who set their sights higher and who wanted a bit more.

"I just want our supporters to remember that they are fans for life, not just for Christmas."

Johnson is refusing to admit defeat and is determined to keep things on an even keel this week.

He said: "What happened at Southampton was very disappointing, but people have to realise that can happen in a league where any team can beat any other on a given day."

Johnson has escaped punishment following his recent sending-off against Cardiff at Ninian Park.

City's manager was reported by referee Keith Stroud following a touchline altercation with the fourth official, but the Football League have not pressed charges.

City have sold their allocation of 2,994 tickets for the Championship game at Sheffield United on Saturday, April 26. The club are considering a request for additional tickets.

Is the full article and once again the EP/WDP hugely impressive investigative journolists hunt out a great story by watching BCFC World and then adding whatever comments they want to.

I wouldn't put it past GJ to print out and store some of the real vile stuff on here that was/has been aimed at him.

Nor would I put it past him to scorn upon some members and give them a nickname :innocent06:

But GJ doesn't read this forum..... :noexpression:

Robbo, you're getting into a nasty habit of taking the views of a minority of malcontents and projecting that on to our entire support. You persist in referring to 'the fans' on points where this is a misleading generalisation and gross exaggeration too.

You may agree with the sentiments expressed by some fans, but that's not to say most do, and therefore GJ is not alienating the fans by having a pop at them.

Constructive criticism is fair enough, but remarks like 'Same old City' and 'the most let down I've been in 10 years' beggar belief in the context of this season.

Why should he dish out praise when it's undeserved? It just comes across as insincere, sycophantic and nauseating. He's pointing the finger at a handful of hyper-critical wallies. That won't turn the support against him.

I'm not having a pop at Johnson and ever since my now infamous 'Conference manager' thread I've been very supportive. I'm the first to admit that I was wrong at the time and that since then Johnson has done a fantastic job.

As for a 'flea in yer ear' - I nor any City fans need to be told off by the headmaster and I do wonder whether Johnson (and many other managers) really do understand the fans. Today is not the first time that Johnson has publically critised the City faithfull and I question the benefits of such a tactic.

If any manager wants the fans to turn on him (why?) then the best way to go about it is to critise them.

Good to see you and Mrs GJ having a chat together.

Archived