IGNORED

Lee Trundle / Steve Brooker

Dolman Block B

Is Adebola injured then?

No, just don't direct footy. We don't do that s hit do we. Lumping the ball up aint City,s game.

I am going to get slated for this, but Dele,s game, even for the guy,s goals, do sweet fa for me, and that LUMP IT UP FRONT, has been the reason, we have been s hilte over the past 7 games.

We can play some class football from midfield, yet the big fellow aint what Johnson,s teams are all about.

Play it on the ground, like we LOVE IT.

It just could get the lads up :fingerscrossed:

No, just don't direct footy. We don't do that s hit do we. Lumping the ball up aint City,s game.

I am going to get slated for this, but Dele,s game, even for the guy,s goals, do sweet fa for me, and that LUMP IT UP FRONT, has been the reason, we have been s hilte over the past 7 games.

We can play some class football from midfield, yet the big fellow aint what Johnson,s teams are all about.

Exactly what I've been thinking, you won't get much slating for that.

Dele can play the non-hoofball game, his goal against Sheffield Wednesday is an example of that, plus he can put it about and be a target/outlet if required.

Thought we were all being positive in getting behind the lads and GJ.

I am happy to leave team selection to GJ, he has done quite well so far.

Any manager will never be able to keep everyone happy, a win tomorrow and he'll be the dogs nads, a loss and he's useless. Rather him than me, forum typing is easy.

Picking Trundle tomorrow would remind me of the First World War generals, in that we've tried it 19 times and it failed, so we'll try it again for a 20th time.

All about opinion, I know, but I'd pick any other striker at the club before playing him myself.

Dele can play the non-hoofball game, his goal against Sheffield Wednesday is an example of that, plus he can put it about and be a target/outlet if required.

Thought we were all being positive in getting behind the lads and GJ.

I am happy to leave team selection to GJ, he has done quite well so far.

Any manager will never be able to keep everyone happy, a win tomorrow and he'll be the dogs nads, a loss and he's useless. Rather him than me, forum typing is easy.

Forum typing is easy..thats why its a forum . Enjoy, could be total b ollocks, but as you say, a win on sat and :fingerscrossed:

personally speaking, that is the front two I have been waiting all season to see

will be equally happy though with brooked & byfield, which has the ability to be as good as brooks and lira

[/quot

BH. We got nothing to lose. We need to attack attack attack, and score. :fingerscrossed:

Its worth a try, and City fans will love to see a attacking team for a change.

Let, s hope it pays off and puts us within 6 POINTS OF PROMOTION :fingerscrossed:

At this stage of the season i don't care how we get the win in style of play just as long as it's a win!

mind you use the flanks with 2 big lads up top does work with pretty football.

Alan walsh give our wingers some after school coaching..

At this stage of the season i don't care how we get the win in style of play just as long as it's a win!

Sean/ CH. just want see our boys destroy a team for a change.

Perhaps sat? :fingerscrossed:

And you think we actually WILL win, if we carry on playing as we have been?

Playing Dele alone up front makes us play the hoof ball which doesnt work - whereas when playing Brooks / Byfield / Trunds we at least try to play football.

And you think we actually WILL win, if we carry on playing as we have been?

Playing Dele alone up front makes us play the hoof ball which doesnt work - whereas when playing Brooks / Byfield / Trunds we at least try to play football.

I was not thinking of del upfront alone but him and brooker in a 4-4-2 and get the ball wide as we got pace to

stretch a defence and knocking in crosses the two big chaps are great in the air and brooker can play a bit on the floor,

if the service is there they will bang headers in as most of our goals of late have been from set pieces and defenders chipping in, we try at times to walk the ball in the net and our strikers have not had clear cut chances, pretty to watch but not good for the nerves, we need to go back to basics.

Surprised to see Byfield in, thought his city career was all but over. Pleased though as it will add us another dimension to our play and a natural goalscorer.

Maybe because LJ is injured we've decided we can't get away with 4-4-1-1? :dunno:

Since the Watford game, it has proven how important a fit Lee Johnson is too our style of play. Without him, we haven't looked the same coherant side, which in turn has seen us lumping balls up to Adebola as the easy option.

Skuse and Elliott will match up Olanfanjanananana (sp) and Henry in the middle of midfield, as they are both willing runners.

You know what? I really think we'll win today.

Surprised to see Byfield in, thought his city career was all but over. Pleased though as it will add us another dimension to our play and a natural goalscorer.

Maybe because LJ is injured we've decided we can't get away with 4-4-1-1? :dunno:

Since the Watford game, it has proven how important a fit Lee Johnson is too our style of play. Without him, we haven't looked the same coherant side, which in turn has seen us lumping balls up to Adebola as the easy option.

Skuse and Elliott will match up Olanfanjanananana (sp) and Henry in the middle of midfield, as they are both willing runners.

You know what? I really think we'll win today.

How do you know Byfield is in an LJ is injured? Is this in one of the local Bristol papers? If it states the team, what is it?

I don't care who plays up front as long as City stop hoofing the ball long. McAllister in particular has only one 'pass'. He was driving me nuts at St Mary's last week with his oh-so-predictable ball up the line.

It makes sense to play Brooker and Trundle if Johnson plans to play proper football again.Elliot and Johnson in midfield with McIndoe and Sproule making up the middle 4 in a 4-4-2

I don't care who plays up front as long as City stop hoofing the ball long. McAllister in particular has only one 'pass'. He was driving me nuts at St Mary's last week with his oh-so-predictable ball up the line.

It makes sense to play Brooker and Trundle if Johnson plans to play proper football again.Elliot and Johnson in midfield with McIndoe and Sproule making up the middle 4 in a 4-4-2

Here here Alan. I was told from a fairly good source that it would be those 2, since then others have said Byfield will partner Brooker

Not wishing to rain or your parade or even pi$$ on your chips, however, ALL of out strikers have been at best, average, this season if not downright crap when they've started and that's not just down to personal form & ability.

Our wingers & full backs do not, on the whole, provide quality crosses and none of our strikers are anything like quick so they don't hurt teams down the channel.

Our midfield doesn't have many through balls in it either so, as a team, we're not set up to score goals, at least not many.

What that means is that if we slip below a high tempo, 100% effort game and the defence has an off day, we haven't got the ability to break teams down and that's why if we were to go a goal or two up, we rarely get enough players into the box or past the ball to threaten.In fact, nine will be behind the ball hanging on to what we've got, hence we don't win by three or four very often if at all and our zero goal difference.

If you can do it today, count how many players are past the ball and how many player are in the box when we cross a ball.

So, whoever we play and whatever formation ALL the players must give 100% for ninety minutes and our creative players MUST Be brave in the final third-That means getting to the box dribbling, shooting, crossing, getting past the ball and throwing yourself at the ball in the box-In short THEY must believe and for the last two months for long periods in games they haven't believed they can do it, hence the trepidation in the crowd which spreads so much so that in a recent online poll 51% of City fans believe that we won't go up and that we won't have another chance in years.

That's why I'm praying for a performance AND a win because that'll really iginte the last three games and engender confidence.

:city::city::city::sign09:

Archived