IGNORED

Nova Scotia Shame

Wales Cidered

I just wanted to say what a shame that 4 baseball wearing thugs, a couple of whom must have been knocking on 50, spoilt our pre-match drink and food at the wonderful Nova Scotia. These three Wolves lads, not wearing colours, had been talking to us for a hour or so about football and we even got them to taste some Thatchers! We recommended that they stay rather than go to the Pump House. They were getting a bit excited and had a few "We are Wolves" shouts when these neanderthals started tthrowing punches at them and another Wolves guy who'd only just walked in. Over in less than a minute, these guys then just ordered their drinks as if assault is perfectly acceptable. I'd just said to the Wolves lads that this was how a pub should be wthout the police racheting up the tension. Is it me or are our scum coming to the surface more often recently?

not really an excuse for moronic violence though is it?

No its not, but unfortunately this is the real world we live in,like it or not, i was in the Scotia before the norwich game, 4/5 norwich in there, wearing their colours but just sat there having a drink and some food chatting with the city lads, not a hint of trouble, bit of friendly banter but nowt else, what bothers me was on this forum last week wolves were asking city where to drink, the scotia was mentioned and they said they would drink there, ok we know all clubs have a few idiots that are just out to cause aggro but to advertise the fact that they would be going there and instead of just keeping quiet and enjoying a beer to start shouting out we are wolves in the middle of a city pub seems to be asking for trouble, its not nice granted but thats the way it is i am afraid

No its not, but unfortunately this is the real world we live in,like it or not, i was in the Scotia before the norwich game, 4/5 norwich in there, wearing their colours but just sat there having a drink and some food chatting with the city lads, not a hint of trouble, bit of friendly banter but nowt else, what bothers me was on this forum last week wolves were asking city where to drink, the scotia was mentioned and they said they would drink there, ok we know all clubs have a few idiots that are just out to cause aggro but to advertise the fact that they would be going there and instead of just keeping quiet and enjoying a beer to start shouting out we are wolves in the middle of a city pub seems to be asking for trouble, its not nice granted but thats the way it is i am afraid

I was in the Scotia yesterday and I'll be honest I didn't see that - usually that pub is ok even for those wearing colours.

As a pub if I'm asked by an opposition fan where is ok to drink before a game is always the pub I recommend.

You're right though we have some right chav ######s attach themselves to our club unfortunately.

They're usually about 16 and as thick as mince as well.

No, not an excuse, and i don't agree that it's right. But you are sort of asking for it. I won't be going into the pub's full of Stoke fans on saturday and start singing City songs. If i did i'd obviously be after trouble.

ziul

I take your point, but still never ceases to amaze me that in this day and age, football fans can't enjoy a bit of banter without resorting to physical violence. But I guess that is the world we live in!!

I take your point, but still never ceases to amaze me that in this day and age, football fans can't enjoy a bit of banter without resorting to physical violence. But I guess that is the world we live in!!

It never ceases to amaze me, that football fans hide behind "banter" to annoy folk.

Guest MaloneFM

I did rather enjoy the formation grunting display team by Ashton park. Sponsored by Stone Island some of these seasoned performers were at least old enough to know better.

Wheres Danny Dyer when you need him?

Personally, whilst not condoning it, it is pretty stupid and naive of Wolves fans doing that IMHO. I mean what on earth did they expect? :doh:

When we went to Wolves, we managed to nick out the Spoons near the station and went into a few local boozers and wouldn't have dreamt of singing City songs unless we wanted our heads kicked in. Shame our OB didn't march them straight to the ground at 1.30pm like they did to the majority of our lot up there.

No, not an excuse, and i don't agree that it's right. But you are sort of asking for it. I won't be going into the pub's full of Stoke fans on saturday and start singing City songs. If i did i'd obviously be after trouble.

ziul

I think it's disgusting that so many people think it's asking for it to sing a few songs! Unless you're literally singing, 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough', you're not 'asking' for trouble, you're just having a good time and enjoying supporting your football team.

We should all be able to enjoy a bit of banter with the opposition, sing a few songs, make a few jokes, with the prospect of having a fist thrown in your direction, just because you support a different football team to someone else.

People need to stop making excuses for these thugs, there is NO room for them in football in any shape, whether you're a stupid 16 year old or a fat drunk 50 year old, you aren't a Bristol City supporter if you're interested in causing trouble.

I think it's disgusting that so many people think it's asking for it to sing a few songs! Unless you're literally singing, 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough', you're not 'asking' for trouble, you're just having a good time and enjoying supporting your football team.

We should all be able to enjoy a bit of banter with the opposition, sing a few songs, make a few jokes, with the prospect of having a fist thrown in your direction, just because you support a different football team to someone else.

People need to stop making excuses for these thugs, there is NO room for them in football in any shape, whether you're a stupid 16 year old or a fat drunk 50 year old, you aren't a Bristol City supporter if you're interested in causing trouble.

Spot on Matt. Sadly though, that's not the world we live in. Wolves was always going to be a high risk game off the field. After what happened up there, it was always going to bring out the yobs - from both sides. I know a lot of people from other clubs and have had pre/post-match drinks with them on many occasions but games like this, Cardiff, Plymouth, Stoke etc bring out that element. Ordinary fans know that, which is why I think it's a tad naive of anyone to start belting out songs in an opposition pub.

I hope these people are found, caged up like the animals that they are and banned from Ashton Gate for life!!

We don't want them ruining the reputation of OUR City and OUR wonderful football club!

As for the Wolves fans singing "We are Wolves"....I stayed overnight in Southampton last weekend and me and a mate were walking around town singing "we're Bristol City we're top of the league" at around midnight. The locals responded with a few chants of their own, and then we had a friendly chat.

It should be the same here.....There is absolutely no excuse for such mindless behaviour.

I hope these people are found, caged up like the animals that they are and banned from Ashton Gate for life!!

We don't want them ruining the reputation of OUR City and OUR wonderful football club!

As for the Wolves fans singing "We are Wolves"....I stayed overnight in Southampton last weekend and me and a mate were walking around town singing "we're Bristol City we're top of the league" at around midnight. The locals responded with a few chants of their own, and then we had a friendly chat.

It should be the same here.....There is absolutely no excuse for such mindless behaviour.

Tell you what mate, you are a hero, i am in total agreement with what you say about the thug element in football, but you have to face the facts, every team in the country has mindless idiots, not only bcfc, i would ask you if you would go around at high risk grounds, ie millwall, cardiff, leeds, stoke, to name a few and enter their pubs and start singing we are bristol city, don't kid me and tell me the wolves chaps did not know that bristol has a bit of a reputation,i would have thought that was obvious from what happened up there, if your answer is yes you would, then fair play to you, let me know what ward you are in, i will send you some flowers, because if we go up, and you go away regular i fear the worst for you

Tell you what mate, you are a hero, i am in total agreement with what you say about the thug element in football, but you have to face the facts, every team in the country has mindless idiots, not only bcfc, i would ask you if you would go around at high risk grounds, ie millwall, cardiff, leeds, stoke, to name a few and enter their pubs and start singing we are bristol city, don't kid me and tell me the wolves chaps did not know that bristol has a bit of a reputation,i would have thought that was obvious from what happened up there, if your answer is yes you would, then fair play to you, let me know what ward you are in, i will send you some flowers, because if we go up, and you go away regular i fear the worst for you

This was around midnight in Soton town centre after about 10 pints of cider!! Not exactly a packed Millwall boozer full of "boys" an hour before kickof. I have more common sense than that...

We were just having a sing song and enjoying ourselves, not attempting to cause any kind of trouble...we got chatting to a few friendly Saints fans and it was fine.

This is what football should be about really. Such a shame that a minority have to ruin it to the extent that people fear showing their allegeance on "enemy" territory.

This was around midnight in Soton town centre after about 10 pints of cider!! Not exactly a packed Millwall boozer full of "boys" an hour before kickof. I have more common sense than that...

We were just having a sing song and enjoying ourselves, not attempting to cause any kind of trouble...we got chatting to a few friendly Saints fans and it was fine.

This is what football should be about really. Such a shame that a minority have to ruin it to the extent that people fear showing their allegeance on "enemy" territory.

Yes i totally agree on what it should be like, but the fact is i live in the real world of today, let me put it another way, if as you had put in your post that you were cidered up and singing and shouting at midnight in southampton and instead of meeting a few Friendly Saints as you put it, got a hiding from the thugs, what do you think the reaction would be on this forum, i think the answer would be, tough mate, you should know better, its crap i know but you have to except that these idiots are out there and keeping a low profile is the better option and not to give anybody an excuse to have a pop at you. in my 45 years of following city home and away i have heard of many city fans getting battered just because of their bristol accents, that was a big enough excuse for the thugs

Exactly why is ANY club having fans like this "acceptable" then? Its brain dead and belongs back in the 70's-80's, and should be consigned back there.

sorry i have not read any post where someone has said its acceptable, quite the contrary

No Bucky its not acceptable. Neither is having your car pinched. But people still get alarms fitted because they know it goes on.

Time to change things around then. Rog, I beleive you mentioned something along these lines in the thread about the d***** at Southampton last week...

Oh, and car alarms going off don't draw any attention these days Rog. I should know, my neighbours didn't hear mine going off, while I was on holiday, next door! So, back to trying to change things around like you said.

Guest MaloneFM

Indeed so Bucky old friend indeed so.

Should any of these half wits (such as the fine gentlemen near Ashton Park yesterday-some of them well into their fifties) begin to create a rumpus in the ground, report it to a steward. And take the stewards number. Same with Mr Plod. If you get no change then ask to see the supervisor. Calmly and politley.

On the way home yesterday I saw a Woles fan and his son who must have been about 9 walking to the station. The kid had a full Wolves kit on. If either of them would have come to harm due to our pinheads it would have ruined my day.

So we gave them a lift to Temple Meads.

'Hello to Terry and Lee from Kingswinford'

No Bucky its not acceptable. Neither is having your car pinched. But people still get alarms fitted because they know it goes on.

So rather than trying to stop everyone committing acts of violence we just shouldn't enjoy ourselves by singing in the first place, because that's what you're saying?!

So rather than trying to stop everyone committing acts of violence we just shouldn't enjoy ourselves by singing in the first place, because that's what you're saying?!

I have no idea where you got that quaint interpretation from. That is diametrically opposite to what I said and mean.

I stand and sing and support my team, but I don't go round beating the kerap out of opposition fans, cos it makes you a "real fan". Backing your team, and having the banter with the other fans, over the 90 minutes, is part and parcel of the whole deal of why British football is so damn passionate. Battering 'em, or even worse your own fans, is 'ckin pathetic, and I would like to think, is NOT part of being a fan! It aint from this fan of some 23 years regular attendance, ad many others some with far more time in.

Are you saying to be a REAL fan you gotta smack another fan if he "disses" your club, is the correct behaviour? Cos if thats what you're saying then there really is c**k all hope for society.

just because someone is a Sag, 'Differ, Wolves, Swindler, or Manure fan is not sufficient grounds to smack them one.

Thanks Guys - you've restored some of my faith! I agree with what was said on the board here. I was wrong to say the guys were singing - they just chanted "We are the Wolves" down their phone to some mates. Like you've said I won't be do any singing in the pubs of Stoke but it would nice to be able to wear my shirt without fear. I guess the Ashton Park morons could we ll have been the same ones who were in the Scotia? My mate brought his 9 year old son for only his second game yesterday - I hope this doesn't put him off.

Anyway Wolves could do us all a favour on Tuesday.."You Wolves....!"

Guest MaloneFM
just because someone is a Sag...is not sufficient grounds to smack them one.

Never met the herr doktor I take it Bucky? If the arthritis didn't prevent me forming a fist I swear I'd do that ginger fuc....

Archived