IGNORED

There Are Some Alleged Fans

Pete1975Legend

Well for a first post Id say it was a pretty bloody good one. You should stop lurking and post some more, so we can all work together to drown out the whingers who seem to get a kick out of knocking the team.

I for one am bloody proud of our achievements this season, and whatever happens, I will still be there supporting the team, not knocking them right when they need us all pulling together and not slagging them off, bashing this person or that person. It gets beyond a joke sometimes, one week its this person who should be playing, then when they play people are calling for them to be dropped because they are rubbish and vice versa.

This week its Ivan Sproules turn, last week it was Murray and next week it will be someone else. And if its not the players its the manager, "Gary you should do this, gary you should do that." HES THE MANAGER LET HIM MANAGE, just because some of us on here have coaching badges or play Football manager doesnt give us the right to slag off his decisions, or think you know better, and its those people who will drive him out, and then I hope you are happy! Terry from wherever, what planet are you on...."Cole Skuse should be playing on the downs....WTF???"

I don't get what people get out of being so negative, someone once said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything, and with three games to go until the end of the season then I think that applies now more than ever.

Nice post dolls and i agree with every word

We will have made progress that's true, however, I measure success in winning things-promotion, cups-albeit, that expectation would change if we reach the promised land.

Really? Why would it change?

We're going to finish above at least two teams relegated from the Premier League last season, and that will be seen as meaningless unless we go up. One of those sides only missed out on survival in the Premier League on goal difference and have kept the majority of the squad together, the other was just four points from safety.

Is it really the case that expectations will change if, say, we're 10th after 20 games? Is it really the case that people won't implore the board to spend, spend, spend, rather than miss out on a chance to get in Europe that may never come again?

Or will they, in fact, use the team's success as a stick to beat them with rather than enjoy and acknowledge the vast strides they've made?

QUOTE (harrisonBCFC @ Apr 14 2008, 10:32 AM)

are you taking the piss

Not at the moment, but in your case I'll make an exception.

our away support this season has been dyer, terrible, shocking and almost by far the worst in the football league pretty much.

That's probably the most stupid remark I've read on this board and that's saying something, so at least you've acheived that much.

did you go to plymouth, because that was an absolute joke, 3,000 city fans sat in silence for 90 mins.

did you go to wolves, because thats the worst away support i have ever seen, there wasnt one chant the whole game, nor shouts of support to our players.again with 3,000 city fans.

Yes & Yes to both games.Not being a pedant but there was less than 3,000 and the noise at Wolves was more to do with accoustics than anything else and that's why they've got home fans at both ends ala Villa & Everton ( and so should we in the new stadium or even AG)

I was sat in the Plymouth Grandstand for the game at Argyle and it sounded fine to me, especially when City were attacking that end in the second half-Did you go to Coventry, Hull was noisy, S****horpe, Palace, Leicester, Cardiff even though they were watching poor performances on many occassions.

the best away days where sheffield wednesday, when we went top of the league there where 600 of us.also cardiff when we bounced for ages and sung our hearts out for the lads. and charlton which was adverage considering the size of the match. qpr was also ok, didnt sit down the whole game, even when 3 nill down.

ha.

well we are top of the league that we were expected to get relegated from this season, and after every game win or lose.if we go a goal down 80% stand up and swear at one of our players randomly. take f**in so and so off or something like that. so that is good is it, best in the football league?????????

oh and wolves away there was 2,718, so that makes it ok to be silent all game cus there was 282 fans less than 3,000???

I've been to all the away games this season and there have been cracking atmospheres on the vast majority of occassions. :englandsmile4wf: Well i have only been to four and there was trouble at 3 of them.In previous years it was really great to be in with the away support,but not anymore.There are so many boozed up fans they can't tell the diferance between our supporters and theirs. :englandsmile4wf:

Ah, you mean proper fans who stand up, bounce around, gesticulate at people who aren't even looking, just because they've had a "proper day out!"

Heroes to a man........sorry, boy

Ding Ding......Round 5

I don't understand why people got to be so negative at the end of the day the REDS have done bloody excellent! :clap:

Ok ,so they haven't won as much as we would have liked, but one is assuming that they arnt to happy about that either! sometimes they win sometimes they loose such as life- FACT!

Who on here would still be supporting the city if they were in a lower league? I reckon 99.9 % of you would! Being where we are is awesome so lets just savor it!

So lets just all chill the hell out and ENJOY the last few games :city:

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Ding Ding......Round 5

I don't understand why people got to be so negative at the end of the day the REDS have done bloody excellent! :clap:

Ok ,so they haven't won as much as we would have liked, but one is assuming that they arnt to happy about that either! sometimes they win sometimes they loose such as life- FACT!

Who on here would still be supporting the city if they were in a lower league? I reckon 99.9 % of you would! Being where we are is awesome so lets just savor it!

best thing thats been said all night.

As a serial lurker on this site this is the first thread that has actually driven me to post.

Really Bristol Boy what a complete absolute lot of drivel you repeatedly churn out on this site. If you actually, truly feel that this season has been a waste of time should City not go up then I urge you never to go to a football match again. Please, for the sake of us all, don’t go. If we can get people like you out of the game then perhaps we'll also give our national team a chance to improve as well without the constant expectation of winning the world cup.

City aren't even my first team, but as a follower and occasional watcher that hasn't stopped me feeling immense pride for the City of Bristol as the team have done so well this year. If football is only about winning and getting promoted then I vote we just have a mini league each year with the Big Four and shut the rest of the leagues down.

I ask you, were Barnsley's efforts in beating Chelsea and 'Pool a waste as they didn't beat Cardiff? No, of course not. What about every other underdog that has almost, but not quite, pulled off something spectacular? Had they might as well of not bothered?

Yes, City were in a commanding position up until a month or so ago. Yes, maybe they should have gone on to get promoted from that position. But to suggest that trying and failing has just been a waste of effort is not only ludicrous but also incredibly offensive to every staff member and fan associated with the club. I'd ask how you'd feel at work if, over the whole of the year, your performance was way above expected, but you failed to get a pay rise as someone only focussed on how you'd performed in one month. Pretty p*ssed off I'd imagine. I know I would be.

I hear Man Utd are always on the look out for fans. Perhaps give them a try. Hold on though, if they don't win the Champs League they've clearly wasted effort in bothering to try. Shame on them.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM........EXCELLENT 1st POSTING......your posting sum up what the majority already think

Where did I say that the season would be a waste of time if we didn't go up?

Um you said it would be meaningless, arent meaningless and waste of time the same thing?

Please BB PLEASE, just for once, give it a rest. We all know what you think, we don't need you to keep telling us.

And you might say its a forum and if I don't want to read it I don't have to, you're right I don't, but when you're posting different versions of the same thing in numerous threads, its kind of hard to escape.

I get the impression that some people seem to think that they (and their opinion) are/is of more importance than the Club itself.

I tend to ignore these egotistical, self-deluded fools as a rule of thumb.

agree fully, we could name and shame them however "they prefer not to be named"

egotistical......understatement, my personal view is that GJ actually knows who they are and as has said publically in the past.......they don't know what they are talking about.

I tend to agree looking at their post performances and views.

Ah, you mean proper fans who stand up, bounce around, gesticulate at people who aren't even looking, just because they've had a "proper day out!"

Heroes to a man........sorry, boy

as opposed to those people, who sit behind their computer and are attempt to undermine everyone at the club and on this forum.

there is a word for people like that. I think it starts with a C........

I look forward to anyone disagreeing with me, but apart from the obvious ####, I doubt it.

Really? Why would it change?

Because we're up against teams with whom we could not compete financially for the best players.

We're going to finish above at least two teams relegated from the Premier League last season, and that will be seen as meaningless unless we go up. One of those sides only missed out on survival in the Premier League on goal difference and have kept the majority of the squad together, the other was just four points from safety.

Both are in the CCC because they couldn't hack it in The Prem.My expectation would be that if we survived, ala Reading & Wigan and had seasons to match their recent efforts, that would be good enough.The only caveat I would place on that would be if City were the subject of a takeover by an Abramovich character, then all the financial rules change.Having said that, I truly wish that these meglomaniacs would leave our game alone, however, I feel it's to late for that.

Is it really the case that expectations will change if, say, we're 10th after 20 games?

Yes and what will your expectation be if City are in the CCC next season? For example, should we not progress on this years performance should heads roll?/

Is it really the case that people won't implore the board to spend, spend, spend, rather than miss out on a chance to get in Europe that may never come again?

My position (I can't speak for others) is that SL has my complete confidence in financial administration and that we won't be profligate ala Leeds, Forest etc, etc.He has said £30m (Timing may not have been great!) and that'll do for me.

Or will they, in fact, use the team's success as a stick to beat them with rather than enjoy and acknowledge the vast strides they've made?

We've been promoted after just failing-DW was sacked for just failing-Success, is indeed a double edged sword, however, consider the alternative.

Um you said it would be meaningless, arent meaningless and waste of time the same thing?

Please BB PLEASE, just for once, give it a rest. We all know what you think, we don't need you to keep telling us.

And you might say its a forum and if I don't want to read it I don't have to, you're right I don't, but when you're posting different versions of the same thing in numerous threads, its kind of hard to escape.

Agree with the dolly.YOUR MAKING THIS FORUM A BORING A DEPRESSING READ FOR EVERYONE!

please kindly do one........

as opposed to those people, who sit behind their computer and are attempt to undermine everyone at the club and on this forum.

Who have I undermined or attempted to undermine?

Do you mean people that go to S****horpe, Barnsley & Hull for night matches?

there is a word for people like that. I think it starts with a C........

How very adult, do you mean CULT Figure?

I look forward to anyone disagreeing with me, but apart from the obvious ####, I doubt it.

They usually do

Ding Ding......Round 5

Here bloody here! - what an amazing season we have had.

CTID

That's probably the most stupid remark I've read on this board and that's saying something, so at least you've acheived that much.

Stupider than asking for Gary Johnson to leave and be replaced by "anyone" after barely two months in charge? Blimey.

Sorry mate but you're utterly clueless and things are getting worse and not better.

Give someone, anyone a chance.

Just leave.

Do you mean people that go to Scunthorpe, Barnsley & Hull for night matches?

So I'm less of a fan because I have to work until 6pm on a Tuesday and cant travel to away games very easily?

Is that how you measure someones support then, because they did or didnt go to Scunthorpe on a week night. It isnt always possible for various reasons, doesnt make them less of a fan.

I've been to all the away games this season and there have been cracking atmospheres on the vast majority of occassions.

I`ve been to 1 away game and about half a dozen home games; I know nothing :sleeping: I did go to all home and most away back in the early 70`s though cracking atmospheres at ALL; :dunno:

So I'm less of a fan because I have to work until 6pm on a Tuesday and cant travel to away games very easily?

Is that how you measure someones support then, because they did or didnt go to S****horpe on a week night. It isnt always possible for various reasons, doesnt make them less of a fan.

think Holloway summed it up recently after he took over at Leicester when he said he wondered who some people even supportered teams with the attiutude they had towards the team and management.

every club has one like him, personally speaking it's people like BB that have put me off the forum over the last year or so, which has resulted in me when I am posting just going off on one, because like the other posting making his 1st post, sometimes the insanely stupid crap that he comes out just fills me with rage.

it's even got to the point now that I'd rather listen to live5 than Radio Bristol, as I don't have to put up with his bull on that channel.

Is that how you measure someones support then, because they did or didnt go to S****horpe on a week night. It isnt always possible for various reasons, doesnt make them less of a fan.

YOU ARE A PART TIMER UNLIKE ME WHO IS A VERY PART TIMER :fastasleep: but are we bovered :no:

Stupider than asking for Gary Johnson to leave and be replaced by "anyone" after barely two months in charge? Blimey.

no one would be that stupid would they? still majority of people like to look at the bigger picture of what is happening, rather than the endless knee jerk reactions at every twist and turn.

Few bits of advice.

If you've got an opinion as strong as the one you express here, then ring up yourself and clearly state it, rememebering all along that it's your opinion and we'e all equally entitled to one.........including Terry!!.

Secondly, I think you should take a trip down to AG and have a word with the players because they are currently the problem-not, I am tired of hearing-the fans.

Whilst positive support will help, it won't score goals and our fans have been excellent home & away.

If your using S****horpe as a benchmark then you've completely missed the point and being grateful that we're not S****horpe won't ever satisfy me or enter my thnking.

As someone said to me the other day, our reality & concern has been breed by 50 years of lows, lows, more lows and the very occassional high! Hopes & Expectations raised and dashed more times than I can remember and if you put all the false dawns together you'd get a lifetime!!

If you want unconditional love (clubs do when it suits them and when it doesn't, we're customers!) then buy a dog.

It's time for the team to lift the fans and if we fail to gain auto & miss out in the play offs, then the last 43 games will mean nothing and a great deal of hard work (not to mention expenditure) from fans & players alike will have gone to waste.

Dear BristolBore -Your views expressed in your post are very similar to those expressed by you at this stage of the season last year i seem to remember, and you were very wrong then. If you are unable to enjoy the success of this season then i am unable to imagine how you have been able to cope the last 20 odd years of faliure this club has suffered. Over this season we have experienced more highs than lows, hence our lofty position. Our players look very tired at the moment, but over the whole of the season they have worked really hard and been very committed. WHAT EVER HAPPENS over the next 3 games, this seaon will have been a success! This is hard for you to take i know, you need and expect faliure at every street corner. Life could be so much better for you if you can just....believe. Do not be tough on yourself, there are many other worse cases than yourself.

Dear BristolBore -Your views expressed in your post are very similar to those expressed by you at this stage of the season last year i seem to remember, and you were very wrong then. If you are unable to enjoy the success of this season then i am unable to imagine how you have been able to cope the last 20 odd years of faliure this club has suffered. Over this season we have experienced more highs than lows, hence our lofty position. Our players look very tired at the moment, but over the whole of the season they have worked really hard and been very committed. WHAT EVER HAPPENS over the next 3 games, this seaon will have been a success! This is hard for you to take i know, you need and expect faliure at every street corner. Life could be so much better for you if you can just....believe. Do not be tough on yourself, there are many other worse cases than yourself.

Seconded :clap:

WELL SAID

Well for a first post Id say it was a pretty bloody good one. You should stop lurking and post some more, so we can all work together to drown out the whingers who seem to get a kick out of knocking the team.

Or those who carry out R&R's that benefit an organisation at no personal gain.

I for one am bloody proud of our achievements this season, and whatever happens, I will still be there supporting the team, not knocking them right when they need us all pulling together and not slagging them off, bashing this person or that person. It gets beyond a joke sometimes, one week its this person who should be playing, then when they play people are calling for them to be dropped because they are rubbish and vice versa.

This week its Ivan Sproules turn, last week it was Murray and next week it will be someone else.

Ivan Sproule & Scott Murray were slated because they performed badly as was David Noble who I've spent ages defending, until the last two performances which were unacceptable.There's nothing wrong with people expressing that opinion and if you think it's incorrect come up with a factual reason why it isn't so, instead of doing the very thing you're complaining about, slagging.There's also a difference between constructive criticism & slagging.

And if its not the players its the manager, "Gary you should do this, gary you should do that." HES THE MANAGER LET HIM MANAGE, just because some of us on here have coaching badges or play Football manager doesnt give us the right to slag off his decisions, or think you know better, and its those people who will drive him out, and then I hope you are happy! Terry from wherever, what planet are you on...."Cole Skuse should be playing on the downs....WTF???"

Comments like "Cole Skuse should be playing on the Downs" are silly-However, this is a forum, not a cult and I'm very disappointed that criticism is attacked so vociforously however constructive & well meant.GJ is a manager, not God and he'll make mistakes like all of us, even the top managers like Fergie & Mourihno drop the odd one.Not pointing out those failings when they're apparent isn't loyalty, it's blind faith.Disagreeing isn't disloyal and one thing that's certain is that a lot of the people who "aren't proper fans" were here and wll be here long after GJ's gone

I don't get what people get out of being so negative, someone once said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything, and with three games to go until the end of the season then I think that applies now more than ever.

Regretfully, in life, as well as in football, there are many occassions when one cannot be nice-As lovely & fluffy is that would be it isn't reality or even honesty and I think that there should be a fluffy, pink, cult forum where everyone agrees.At the same time we'll censor the newspapers and banish any journalist with contrary opinion to covering Yeovil........er, actually, we've done that.

If you've a problem with a forum containing criticism or a contrary view-Don't read it, then it won't get you down.

Not at all.The effort over the season hasn't been wasted because it's got us where we are and we STILL have a fantastic opportunity as I have written on many occassions.Regretfully, if we don't capitalise on that it will have gone to waste.

Sorry if that doesn't help your argument however, I'll review as I see it-Good or Bad.I'll also not take any lessons on supporting City from a bloke that doesn't go very often

Stop reading it then Dolls.Stop replying and so will I-Add me to your ignore list-Up to you-Please yourself.

You're obviously not trying hard enough. :innocent06: Just stick to the facts of the argument and I'll have no issue-For example, if you disagree with the R&R say so and we'l have a proper football debate, not a "who's the best supporter and who's got a right to say what" Going back to the original post-Phone the Radio show and tell everybody how great we were at Soton & against Wolves, if that's what you feel, fantastic & good luck to you.

Dear Three Eyes, (You started it!)

Could the fact that the players look tired be due to the fact that many of our squad have played quite a few games, some (Elliott & Johnson) when clearly injured? They have indeed worked hard and won't it be a shame if that hard work doesn't result in the success of promotion? Would they have been fresher & fitter had the squad been strengthened?

And won't those players who were so commited & worked so hard, feel really let down by their performance at Soton when that was sadly lacking, despite a sell out 3,000 following showing commitment, support and huge belief?

If your measure of success is progress, good.If your measure of success is winning something-Promotion for example, then perhaps that won't happen.If your measure is progress will we fail next season if we don't better this season or will staying in the CCC for 5/6 seasons, irrespective of position or performance be enough?

I don't "need failure" or to "expect it," we've never met so don't be so arrogant as to judge me.Neither will I deny the evidence of my own eyes and simply believe.

I set high standards, as does GJ and I feel sad when our team does not acheive what it is clearly capable of.

So should others and blind faith isn't a condition that I'll ever suffer from.

Its not your R&R's I disagree with, its you and your negativity on a whole.

Different opinion isn't negativity-Don't fall for the hype.

And FWIW, I unfortunately have no say in who writes match reports.

It's worth nothing to me although you've given me an idea and this week I'll write two.One for the Happy Clappys & One for the rest-Hopefully, WE'LL WIN WELL AND IT'LL JUST BE ONE!! .

Archived