IGNORED

There Are Some Alleged Fans

Pete1975Legend

Its not your R&R's I disagree with, its you and your negativity on a whole.

And FWIW, I unfortunately have no say in who writes match reports.

I wouldnt worry about it Dolls. Regardless of what happens this season, least we can say we have enjoyed it and our proud of this club. Does BB seem to have enjoyed this season?

Also is it any coincidence Bristol Boy seems to post more after we lose or play poor? :dunno:

Not sure about the language AM but would rather be a smiling happy clappy rather than a despot of despair that seem to be wallowing in the depths of gloom and despondency, triumph over adversity every time, let them wallow in their gloom just don't answer them, lifes to short

I wouldnt worry about it Dolls.

Who asked you?

Regardless of what happens this season, least we can say we have enjoyed it and our proud of this club.

You'll have me in tears

Does BB seem to have enjoyed this season?

BB has enjoyed it in parts although nights like Barnsley & days like Ipswich & Soton were a challenge, I'll admit.Still, you have to be there, don't you?...Well, you don't, but we'll not go there.

Also is it any coincidence Bristol Boy seems to post more after we lose or play poor? :dunno:

No, it' your imagination.Win or Lose the R&R's are there and I post in reply to topics of interest, when I have the time, not merely as a stalker, which is tiresome.

See you at Stoke where I'll be cheering the lads on to a win

I wouldnt worry about it Dolls. Regardless of what happens this season, least we can say we have enjoyed it and our proud of this club. Does BB seem to have enjoyed this season?

totally agree, been a great season and our best for almost 30 years......still if some people have issues with us being 3rd in the championship and class it as failure, then i think it's then with the issues

"Standing up" doesn't equal great support, neither I'm afraid does "bouncing", unless you're about eight years old.

Good fun though Ian - and I'm quite a bit older than 8 - and as a serious point I reckon the players pick up positive vibes from a bit of bouncing around, which might transmit into their performances.

Good fun though Ian - and I'm quite a bit older than 8 - and as a serious point I reckon the players pick up positive vibes from a bit of bouncing around, which might transmit into their performances.

Hi Nick, great to have another grown up on board. ;)

I'm all for standing up-In designated areas with safe standing and that's why I've supported the EE & The Safe Standing Debate, despite not wanting to myself.It's called not being selfish & acting out of self interest-you know, like someone who supports ticket price hikes when they get a cheap one themselves or someone who stands up in front of someone, perhaps a woman or child so they can't see. :fish:

Tell you what, if we win at Stoke, I'll have a bounce-Can't say fairer than that and something else that helps is a performance ala the second half at Charlton, that might transmit to the fans. :yes:

If we get that, no doubt we'll both be bouncing :D

It's worth nothing to me although you've given me an idea and this week I'll write two.One for the Happy Clappys & One for the rest-Hopefully, WE'LL WIN WELL AND IT'LL JUST BE ONE!!

Well if you did write a happy clappy one, I might actually read one for a change. I tend to get bored after a couple of paragraphs when the whinging starts. Sometimes I don't even bother when I see the title.

Oh and i'll be 30 next year, but still enjoy a bounce round the ground, is that ok with you?

There has been some really good debate on this topic. But what the majority of posters want is for us to be more positive and lets respect what our club have achieved in our first season back in the CCC.

The fans that want nothing else but to say 'I told you so' or 'We should of got Lita' or 'Lansdown should have put his hand in his pocket' these are all negative vibes towards our club and it is those people that are not looking at our development over the last 2 and half years and that is a shame. That is what I was trying to get across oh and how negative some people are with 3rd spot!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to the game at Stoke and 3 points back to Ashton Gate

Who asked you?

He needs permission to reply now?

BB has enjoyed it in parts although nights like Barnsley & days like Ipswich & Soton were a challenge, I'll admit.Still, you have to be there, don't you?...Well, you don't, but we'll not go there.

No, this is where you are quite wrong.

I live hours away from Ashton Gate, coach children's football three days a week including weekends. It's simply impossible to do that and attend many games. But I made the commitment to take my coaching badges and building a club for the local kids to get the football they were missing, so that's what I've done.

If that makes me less of a football fan than you in your eyes, so be it.

Has this detracted from my enjoyment and pride in what my team has achieved? No.

Has it made me appreciate, on a very small scale, the difficulties of running a football team and how unhelpful it is to have some know all who doesn't put his own reputation on the line standing behind you criticising? Yes.

Does someone who is fortunate enough to be able to go to most games banging on about how he's a better supporter make it less enjoyable? Yes.

No, it' your imagination.Win or Lose the R&R's are there and I post in reply to topics of interest, when I have the time, not merely as a stalker, which is tiresome.

I'd guess his imagination has come from the fact you asked for your reviews to be removed from this site including any links, stopped posting and made several comments on how you don't post on here anymore, but are now back as the most prolific daily poster again in the last couple of weeks.

This thread somes up why I can't be bothered with this forum more recently due to the stupidly and farcially blinkered views of certain fans.

On a more serious note considering a certain someone's views on "style" when it comes to writing match reports and the ever constant depressing nature of them, Do the ST still feel it is apprioate for a person with such views to be writing match reports? personally I quite liked the reports when he "took a break" as many others seem just as capable of writing reports, personally speaking I quite like the Graham (surname I can't remember) bloke who does the reports on the Rivals site....sorry to suggest they poach your writer Edson. But personally generally when I see a BB report it resorts in my skipping through the doom and gloom, have a laugh at his silly biased and unbalanced rating and then just dismissing.

Dear BristolBore -Your views expressed in your post are very similar to those expressed by you at this stage of the season last year i seem to remember, and you were very wrong then. If you are unable to enjoy the success of this season then i am unable to imagine how you have been able to cope the last 20 odd years of faliure this club has suffered. Over this season we have experienced more highs than lows, hence our lofty position. Our players look very tired at the moment, but over the whole of the season they have worked really hard and been very committed. WHAT EVER HAPPENS over the next 3 games, this seaon will have been a success! This is hard for you to take i know, you need and expect faliure at every street corner. Life could be so much better for you if you can just....believe. Do not be tough on yourself, there are many other worse cases than yourself.

well said...after the last 25 years of well.....generally crap........this season has been nothing sort of delightful, if you can't enjoy moments like this season, then there is no point even being involved in football.

Whatever happens over the next month or so, It's been a great year and I look forward to further progression next season, so far each season GJ has been here we have moved forward and I firmly believe that to continue whilst he is backed by Steve Lansdown either way, considering most were aiming for Mid Table as a realistic ambition. This has been succeded and puts us in the great position for next season regardless of what division we are in.

I'd guess his imagination has come from the fact you asked for your reviews to be removed from this site including any links, stopped posting and made several comments on how you don't post on here anymore, but are now back as the most prolific daily poster again in the last couple of weeks.

Not forgetting his request that he takes no part in the forum awards for 2007 despite still lauding over results from the previous two years in his signature??

But personally generally when I see a BB report it resorts in my skipping through the doom and gloom, have a laugh at his silly biased and unbalanced rating and then just dismissing.

Join the ever expanding club!

BB, you seem to hold yourself in very high regard. Is there any reason for this?

Hi Nick, great to have another grown up on board. ;)

I'm all for standing up-In designated areas with safe standing and that's why I've supported the EE & The Safe Standing Debate, despite not wanting to myself.It's called not being selfish & acting out of self interest-you know, like someone who supports ticket price hikes when they get a cheap one themselves or someone who stands up in front of someone, perhaps a woman or child so they can't see. :fish:

Tell you what, if we win at Stoke, I'll have a bounce-Can't say fairer than that and something else that helps is a performance ala the second half at Charlton, that might transmit to the fans. :yes:

If we get that, no doubt we'll both be bouncing :D

Unfortunately I wont be bouncing too much at Stoke on account of the fact I took my bouncing a bit too seriously in a pub at Southampton and ended up in the BRI on Sunday morning - self inflicted injury I hasten to add.

Adding to one's "ignore list" has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

I'm probably being thick, but where can I find that option ?

I'd really like to use it.

Ta :)

it's easy,

click on the person's name you want to block....for example,

select Bristol Boy

then a drop down will appear select "view member profile"

then select "options"

and you will see "ignore user"

it will then take you into another screen where you will see that who you have "ignored"

select update ignored users

and then in future you will see he has posted, but you won't see what, then you can go back to a normal life living in the real world with like minded fans

Not forgetting his request that he takes no part in the forum awards for 2007 despite still lauding over results from the previous two years in his signature??

god bless the ability to turn off egotistic signatures!

switching it back on briefly, I notice that he still also hasn't updated his signature to include idiot of the year?

it's easy,

click on the person's name you want to block....for example,

select Bristol Boy

then a drop down will appear select "view member profile"

then select "options"

and you will see "ignore user"

it will then take you into another screen where you will see that who you have "ignored"

select update ignored users

and then in future you will see he has posted, but you won't see what, then you can go back to a normal life living in the real world with like minded fans

Sorted. Many thanks.

QUOTE (bh_red @ Apr 14 2008, 10:39 AM)

that's how I see it,

Never

this season we have seriously over-acheived and much as most of us would have loved to have finished top 6 (which is likely) not too many of us at the start of the season expected it, or come oct/nov expected it to continue.

That's the trouble with thinking negatively and knowing your place

regardless of where we have finished now, Bristol City Football Club has a MUCH increased reputation following the performances or our team and manager.

No doubt the manager has, however both BCFC and Championship Football is regularly slated

At the start of the season, survival was without a doubt the first aim, and that was put to bed quite quickly, but we wanted to initially at least establish ourselves as equals to the likes of Preston, QPR, Burnley & Barnsley, which I believe was a fair expectation.

It was a minimum fall back position, although the clubs you note are a fair comparison based on recent years

Instead we have found ourselves much above that and have established ourselves and justifiably equals to teams with better facilities/resources such as Wolves, Palace, Ipswich, Norwich, Charlton, due to our footballing style and a good and respected manager.

No argument with that

Come the start of this season, if we were going for players we wouldn't have been able to compete for signings with the likes of those the bigger teams due to their repuations, instead if at worst we are in the Championship next season we will be still be in a great position due to our reputation gained from this season which has exceded expetations and will be able to compete with most clubs in this division (bar the 3 coming down from the prem obviously)

It may help attract better players however we still need to prove we can not only sign but manage better players who will cost £250k-This season our signings over that figure have failed in 3 out of 4 cases.Let's hope they redeam themselves over the next three games.

Whatever happens in the next 3-6 games, This season has been a progressive one in more ways than one and I firmly believe that with SL and GJ at the helm we will be able build upon our current foundations next season.

I hope you're right, although I expect next season to be more difficult.

despite possibly missing out on Premier League and the silly money up there, the larger prospective is that this season will still have been a VERY SUCCESFUL ONE

We will have made progress that's true, however, I measure success in winning things-promotion, cups-albeit, that expectation would change if we reach the promised land.

who asked you?

Always the same on this forum. Whatever the argument put forward a thread always degenerates into a "I am a better supporter than you thread". So, having been on holiday for a week (I missed the Wolves game - what a useless part time supporter I am, no wonder the players didn't get the result with half baked supporters like me and my son missing), I have found out that Dollymarie doesn't like reading Bristol Boy's "negative" match reports and therefore should not post an "alternative" opinion on here - does anybody REALLY care about this message board that much to actually give a flying f00k?

We all know Bristol Boy's opinion so he obviously shouldn't post any more (seems to be the consensus).

But we also know Dollymarie's and BH Red's opinion so maybe they shouldn't post?

Or perhaps we could all be adult about it, let everyone post (and write their own match reports for the Trust in their own time if they want to), ignore what we don't like and reply to what we do? If you join a football forum, what the f00king hell do you honestly expect? 100% consolidated, agreeable and consistent opinion?

Always the same on this forum. Whatever the argument put forward a thread always degenerates into a "I am a better supporter than you thread". So, having been on holiday for a week (I missed the Wolves game - what a useless part time supporter I am, no wonder the players didn't get the result with half baked supporters like me and my son missing), I have found out that Dollymarie doesn't like reading Bristol Boy's "negative" match reports and therefore should not post an "alternative" opinion on here - does anybody REALLY care about this message board that much to actually give a flying f00k?

We all know Bristol Boy's opinion so he obviously shouldn't post any more (seems to be the consensus).

But we also know Dollymarie's and BH Red's opinion so maybe they shouldn't post?

Or perhaps we could all be adult about it, let everyone post (and write their own match reports for the Trust in their own time if they want to), ignore what we don't like and reply to what we do? If you join a football forum, what the f00king hell do you honestly expect? 100% consolidated, agreeable and consistent opinion?

agree fully, unfortunately though, it does degenerate into that, because you get people basically stating that because they go, to every single game and other don't, their view is more valid than everyone else, it never used to be that way, although their used to be arguements, everyone respected each others views and didn't think of their views as being any more important than someone elses unlike now.

what we need is for Gary Johnson to sign up and say......."I go to every game, every week and also re-watch the video's of games and also watch the players every day in training, so I know more than any other self obessed super fans"

though I will say.....I'll happyily take one for the team and have my account closed and will refrain from posting if BB does the same, I'll look at it of my way of making the world a better place.......... :whistle2:

Because we're up against teams with whom we could not compete financially for the best players.

As we are now. Yet we're third and well above plenty who've spent far more than us.

Both are in the CCC because they couldn't hack it in The Prem.My expectation would be that if we survived, ala Reading & Wigan and had seasons to match their recent efforts, that would be good enough.The only caveat I would place on that would be if City were the subject of a takeover by an Abramovich character, then all the financial rules change.Having said that, I truly wish that these meglomaniacs would leave our game alone, however, I feel it's to late for that.

Couldn't hack it on goal difference. It doesn't have to be about 'hacking it' anyway. You could put Alex Ferguson in charge of all 20 teams and give him the same players to work with at each club. Three would still be relegated.

I honestly cannot believe for one second that, should we replicate Wigan, that there will be no calls for Steve to spend millions and take us on to the next level in a very short space of time.

People are doing it now. Why would it stop if we went up?

Yes and what will your expectation be if City are in the CCC next season? For example, should we not progress on this years performance should heads roll?/

My expectation will be that we will continue to compete in this division. No, heads shouldn't roll. Chopping and changing managers, especially when you already have a very good one, is no way to run a club.

My position (I can't speak for others) is that SL has my complete confidence in financial administration and that we won't be profligate ala Leeds, Forest etc, etc.He has said £30m (Timing may not have been great!) and that'll do for me.

So you won't see it as a meaningless season if we don't achieve anything other than the bare minimum of survival? I thought you decided that setting low targets lead to failure.

We've been promoted after just failing-DW was sacked for just failing-Success, is indeed a double edged sword, however, consider the alternative.

DW was sacked because he failed to deliver on his main goal, that of promotion from League One after several attempts. I very much doubt that anyone sees not getting to the Premier League at the first few attempts as failure.

I mean, even you've allowed Gary to have a run of one win in eight games without screaming for him to be sacked, so he must have done something right since the last time.

Dear Three Eyes, (You started it!)

Could the fact that the players look tired be due to the fact that many of our squad have played quite a few games, some (Elliott & Johnson) when clearly injured? They have indeed worked hard and won't it be a shame if that hard work doesn't result in the success of promotion? Would they have been fresher & fitter had the squad been strengthened?

And won't those players who were so commited & worked so hard, feel really let down by their performance at Soton when that was sadly lacking, despite a sell out 3,000 following showing commitment, support and huge belief?

If your measure of success is progress, good.If your measure of success is winning something-Promotion for example, then perhaps that won't happen.If your measure is progress will we fail next season if we don't better this season or will staying in the CCC for 5/6 seasons, irrespective of position or performance be enough?

I don't "need failure" or to "expect it," we've never met so don't be so arrogant as to judge me.Neither will I deny the evidence of my own eyes and simply believe.

I set high standards, as does GJ and I feel sad when our team does not acheive what it is clearly capable of.

So should others and blind faith isn't a condition that I'll ever suffer from.

After studying many, many posts this is roughly how I see Bristol Boy's approach to the City.....

graphif1.jpg

don't really see the point in ther ignore button, surely the point of a forum is to express opinions, wheather they are right or wrong, good or bad. As for people being negative I don't really see the point, save it for after Saturday at least. Yes, Soton was bad but teams will always have off days and this season we aint had very many. Get behind the team until after this weekend at least, when we will know a lot more.

As for the away fans argument, it has been poor really. The numbers we have taken have been awesum, but at times the atmosphere created has been shocking. Plymouth was disasterous, as was Southampton. Its not helped by reserved seating but thats a different post.

This season has been above all expectations, but the price is so great and we seem to be throwing it away right at the last point. That is clearly the reason for the negativity but lets say we win at Stoke, what a great position we are in then.

Believe!

Guest east_dundry_red
are you taking the piss

our away support this season has been dyer, terrible, shocking and almost by far the worst in the football league pretty much.

did you go to plymouth, because that was an absolute joke, 3,000 city fans sat in silence for 90 mins.

did you go to wolves, because thats the worst away support i have ever seen, there wasnt one chant the whole game, nor shouts of support to our players.again with 3,000 city fans.

the best away days where sheffield wednesday, when we went top of the league there where 600 of us.also cardiff when we bounced for ages and sung our hearts out for the lads. and charlton which was adverage considering the size of the match. qpr was also ok, didnt sit down the whole game, even when 3 nill down.

You are absolutly full of crap. Charlton was the best away atmosphere at a city game for many many years, everyone was singing for 90mins and there is no way there is going to be another atmosphere like that at an away game for a very very long time.

Who asked you?

Typical arrogent response again. Who asked you to comment on anything? See how stupid that arguement is? Doubt it though

Still using that old shite then I see. Yes I havent been to any away games, but that doesnt make me any less of a fan as you. When will you realise that?

See Edsons reply because I cant put iut better then that.

Why cant you debate with people who don't agree with you without labelling them in some group or calling them stalkers?

You only seem to be able to do that when they spend the first few lines complimenting you. But cant debate when someone disagrees with you completly and doesnt think you're great.

See you at Stoke where I'll be cheering the lads on to a win

Well if you did write a happy clappy one, I might actually read one for a change. I tend to get bored after a couple of paragraphs when the whinging starts. Sometimes I don't even bother when I see the title.

Not the attitude from a member of the ST Board

Oh and i'll be 30 next year, but still enjoy a bounce round the ground, is that ok with you?

Yes, providing, as you recently agreed, that it doesn't happen in front of me when I'm trying to watch the game-Bounce away Dolls-PS I thought you were much older than that :innocent06:

There has been some really good debate on this topic. But what the majority of posters want is for us to be more positive and lets respect what our club have achieved in our first season back in the CCC.

That may be the consensus of opinion in this thread, however, reading this anD other sites, plus talking to fans at AG, there is huge concern at our current & longer term form.That's not negativity it's reality and I'll never buy into this cult approach or the hype that surrounds it.

The fans that want nothing else but to say 'I told you so' or 'We should of got Lita' or 'Lansdown should have put his hand in his pocket' these are all negative vibes towards our club and it is those people that are not looking at our development over the last 2 and half years and that is a shame. That is what I was trying to get across oh and how negative some people are with 3rd spot!!!!!!!!!!

There are very few fans who want to say that however there are quite a few whose considered opinion is that we should have signed a stiker long ago-However, as has been said on many occassions, that isn't a dig at SL who made money available or a dig at GJ, it's a contrary opinion-not right, not wrong just different and that, I would have thought, is the point of this Forum?

Here's to the game at Stoke and 3 points back to Ashton Gate.

Here, Here

He needs permission to reply now?

From you probably

No, this is where you are quite wrong.

I live hours away from Ashton Gate, coach children's football three days a week including weekends. It's simply impossible to do that and attend many games. But I made the commitment to take my coaching badges and building a club for the local kids to get the football they were missing, so that's what I've done.

Whilst I applaud your intentions in helping out kids and encourage you to obtain your coaching badges- wish I had the time to be able to do that, it doesn't help you evaluate City performances if you are not there-That's the point, not "who's the best fan" argument trotted out by the more intelectually challenged.

If that makes me less of a football fan than you in your eyes, so be it.

It doesn't, however, it does make you less "qualified" to pass comment on City's form & performance level if you don't actually watch them-Wouldn't you agree

Has this detracted from my enjoyment and pride in what my team has achieved? No.

Good, glad to hear it-In fact, in a funny way the fact that you haven't been at some of the games has probably been a benefit in the enjoyment stakes!!

Has it made me appreciate, on a very small scale, the difficulties of running a football team and how unhelpful it is to have some know all who doesn't put his own reputation on the line standing behind you criticising? Yes.

I don't consider myself a know all and GJ's position is highly paid and, currently very safe.The level of exposure & criticism will multiply by a factor of ten if we stay down and start losing and by about 50 times from outside the club if we go up and move into the media spotlight-Witness the stick that Grant & Benitez get and Benitez is a real winner in terms of cups!! Running a football club at any level can be a very thankless task

Does someone who is fortunate enough to be able to go to most games banging on about how he's a better supporter make it less enjoyable? Yes.

I have explained that above and if that's your or anyone elses perception, then it's wrong.

Win or lose, I'm on here and the ST post the links, not me-You run a rival site that you have coinceded that other forum members, some of whom are fellow critics of myself, could bnenefit from in the future.What I do for the ST is unapaid and I derive no direct benefit-The reverse, however, the R&R attracts hits, replies etc and gives one persons perspective that people agree & disagree with.Like I said, I post when I've got time-When I don't have time, I don't-That's how my work pans out and, I would guess (not interested enough to look) that I haven't been as active as before for tyhe last three or four months, leaving the review aside.Frankly, I don't really care

This thread somes up why I can't be bothered with this forum more recently due to the stupidly and farcially blinkered views of certain fans.

Yes, but leaving your views aside :whistle2:

On a more serious note considering a certain someone's views on "style" when it comes to writing match reports and the ever constant depressing nature of them, Do the ST still feel it is apprioate for a person with such views to be writing match reports?

On the basis that the articles attract '000's of hits and are linked to a Nat Site, I would assume they do, however, if they don't want them anymore they'll tell me and they asked me if they could publish them in the first place-You wouldn't have an interest in another site, would you? Perhaps you could write to them and ask them if you could write articles, they're looking for writers?

Perhaps you could start with an attack on David Noble-that made pretty positive reading and must have lifted the player

personally I quite liked the reports when he "took a break" as many others seem just as capable of writing reports, personally speaking I quite like the Graham (surname I can't remember) bloke who does the reports on the Rivals site....sorry to suggest they poach your writer Edson.

His writer? Don't you mean yours? Come off it.Oh and by the way, I like Graham Clapp's approach and the stuff he writes is more of a report than a review.A different style and much better than the EP/WDP.I actually arranged for a couple of those writers to do the R&R when I was away and I'll agree, it's good to have different styles.

But personally generally when I see a BB report it resorts in my skipping through the doom and gloom, have a laugh at his silly biased and unbalanced rating and then just dismissing.

So, after all you've said, you still read them :D:disapointed2se:

well said...after the last 25 years of well.....generally crap........this season has been nothing sort of delightful, if you can't enjoy moments like this season, then there is no point even being involved in football.

Enjoying the season and giving blind faith are two entirely different things.

Whatever happens over the next month or so, It's been a great year and I look forward to further progression next season, so far each season GJ has been here we have moved forward and I firmly believe that to continue whilst he is backed by Steve Lansdown either way, considering most were aiming for Mid Table as a realistic ambition. This has been succeded and puts us in the great position for next season regardless of what division we are in.

I wasn't aiming for mid table and answer me this-If we don't progress-Lets say we do a Leicester next season, what would you sugest we do then? I'm not suggesting we will, I'd just like your view, as you're keen on progressing.

And not forgetting you plastering that all over the Forum-As an administrator, you're a disgrace.

BB, you seem to hold yourself in very high regard. Is there any reason for this?

Rich, good looking, loved by everyone, what's your excuse?

Unfortunately I wont be bouncing too much at Stoke on account of the fact I took my bouncing a bit too seriously in a pub at Southampton and ended up in the BRI on Sunday morning - self inflicted injury I hasten to add.

Old age doesn't come alone and I'm still getting twinges from the Yeovil game, last season!

who asked you?

Nobody important........I think it was you although, you're so similar, I get confused with other members of the pull up the ladder jack, I'm alright club.

Guest Patdfb

Puts a sock in it will you!

#

Its obvious that people are polarised for one reason or the other. This sniping is soo dull.. so and so has one view, so and so has another.. YAWN.. Why don't we just go with the flow, see where we endup!

If its CCC, then so what.... its not CCL1! If its Prem then wayhay!...

don't really see the point in ther ignore button, surely the point of a forum is to express opinions, wheather they are right or wrong, good or bad. As for people being negative I don't really see the point, save it for after Saturday at least. Yes, Soton was bad but teams will always have off days and this season we aint had very many. Get behind the team until after this weekend at least, when we will know a lot more.

As for the away fans argument, it has been poor really. The numbers we have taken have been awesum, but at times the atmosphere created has been shocking. Plymouth was disasterous, as was Southampton. Its not helped by reserved seating but thats a different post.

This season has been above all expectations, but the price is so great and we seem to be throwing it away right at the last point. That is clearly the reason for the negativity but lets say we win at Stoke, what a great position we are in then.

Believe!

I too have refrained from using the ignore button. Everybody is entitled to an opinion and the right to express it on this forum. Unfortunately there are a few who have their heads so firmly stuck up there own rectums they believe they have a god given right to ridicule any post that disagrees with theirs and one or two do with it in such an obnoxious manner.

I`m disappointed. A tad frustrated that we have not been able to pick up a few more points and make that final push for the PL. I`m also realistic and have my feet firmly on the ground and my head nowhere near the clouds. At the start of the season the run in was highlighted as a possible sticking point, generally in that we`d need to have enough points in the bag to be safe so as not to be scraping for points from these games. Little did we know that we`d be desparate for those points for completely different reasons !!

Realistically, you`d have to say that automatic promotion is not likely. The play-offs loom and as we all know can be something of a lottery. It`s also more than likely that we`ll go into the play-offs with the worst current form of the 4 teams. So all in all there`s a pretty good chance that we`ll be playing CCC football again next season. Given the position we`d gotten ourselves into that would be disappointing.............but to call it a failure and to write the season off as meaningless is beyond me.

We have a squad of players that can survive in the CCC. What we don`t have is a promotion chasing squad. The signings made last summer were with a view to surviving, first and foremost, and finishing as high as possible. Nobody at the club at any point indicated that the target for this season was promotion. How different from the L1 days. The players have worked incredibly hard all season, there have been highs and lows and more than a little luck.

They`ve gone toe to toe against squads that , on paper, are of higher quality, experience and value and more often than not have stolen the limelight and the points. They have given their all and thats more than can be said for some `supporters`.

Chances are we`ll know our fate before the match starts against Preston but whatever happens, come the final whistle i`ll be stood up and i`ll be applauding my club for what has been an outstanding season and should we fail to get promoted i`ll feel no need to be apportioning blame. I`ll do that when i feel it is justified and this is certainly not the time.

PDG

Archived