IGNORED

There Are Some Alleged Fans

Pete1975Legend

From you probably

Ok...

Whilst I applaud your intentions in helping out kids and encourage you to obtain your coaching badges- wish I had the time to be able to do that, it doesn't help you evaluate City performances if you are not there-That's the point, not "who's the best fan" argument trotted out by the more intelectually challenged.

If you spend every weekends going to watch games, you do have the time to coach. You choose not to.

It doesn't, however, it does make you less "qualified" to pass comment on City's form & performance level if you don't actually watch them-Wouldn't you agree

Depends whose view mine is being compared with. I listen to the games and watch the extended highlights, as well as listening to the manager's opinions. I'm also a qualified, active coach and that has improved by appreciation of the game no end in recent years.

Chris Kamara watches a lot of games. He's still an idiot though.

There's nothing like being there, of course. But being there doesn't necessarily make you more knowledgeable.

Win or lose, I'm on here and the ST post the links, not me-You run a rival site that you have coinceded that other forum members, some of whom are fellow critics of myself, could bnenefit from in the future.What I do for the ST is unapaid and I derive no direct benefit-The reverse, however, the R&R attracts hits, replies etc and gives one persons perspective that people agree & disagree with.Like I said, I post when I've got time-When I don't have time, I don't-That's how my work pans out and, I would guess (not interested enough to look) that I haven't been as active as before for tyhe last three or four months, leaving the review aside.Frankly, I don't really care

I don't run a rival site. I run a site that collaborates with and supports the articles written by the ST. Hence I have a link at the top of this site, I link to their articles, they link to mine and I have a link to their site at the top of mine.

It's a community not rivalry.

Oh right. I must be confusing you with another Bristol Boy who posted this, then:

Rumours Of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Not the attitude from a member of the ST Board

And not forgetting you plastering that all over the Forum-As an administrator, you're a disgrace.

two of the funniest quotes I've seen in a long time.....think it sums the attitude totally for me......

Thanks 'stgeorgerednotagashead' for putting my thoughts into words exactly.

Bristol Boy needs to go and 'support' some other team, either at the the very top, so he will have nothing to moan about or someone at the very bottom, so he can really get his teeth into something.

His lack of appreciation for what the team have achieved so far this season and witch hunts against certain players beggars belief.

Thats all well and good but eliminate anyone who lives in reality who can make negative observations and you'll be left with about 10 fans.

Good luck.

Thats all well and good but eliminate anyone who lives in reality who can make negative observations and you'll be left with about 10 fans.

Good luck.

I can make negative observations along with the best of them but personal attacks on players who have given their all and are maybe going through a bad patch is not something I would wish to do or be proud of.

Personally I don't think Bristol Boy is a City fan. He's probably a Rovers fan baiting everyone up.

If you spend every weekends going to watch games, you do have the time to coach. You choose not to.

I coached for years, kids, adults all ages really whilst in the services and when I left-Running businesses small and now very large doesn't afford me time to coach during the week and always said I wouldn't manage a team I didn't coach-All or nothing-As you say, I choose not to and I follow BCFC.

Depends whose view mine is being compared with. I listen to the games and watch the extended highlights, as well as listening to the manager's opinions. I'm also a qualified, active coach and that has improved by appreciation of the game no end in recent years.

I've no problem with that, however, there's no substitute for being there and watching the entire ninety minutes.

Chris Kamara watches a lot of games. He's still an idiot though.

I like the bloke.He's an ex-pro & manager who summarises in his own way-Not for everyone and I don't always agree but he states his honest opinion.

There's nothing like being there, of course. But being there doesn't necessarily make you more knowledgeable.

But if you're knowledgeable and you're there, it does.

I don't run a rival site. I run a site that collaborates with and supports the articles written by the ST. Hence I have a link at the top of this site, I link to their articles, they link to mine and I have a link to their site at the top of mine.

It's a community not rivalry.

Not according to some of your collaboratures.

Oh right. I must be confusing you with another Bristol Boy who posted this, then:

Rumours Of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Christ, is all you've got to do all day trawl through my old posts? You ought to get a job :disapointed2se:Like I said, I'll post when I want to

I can make negative observations along with the best of them but personal attacks on players who have given their all and are maybe going through a bad patch is not something I would wish to do or be proud of.

Personally I don't think Bristol Boy is a City fan. He's probably a Rovers fan baiting everyone up.

Where are the personal attacks on players-Find one post when I've criticised a player on the basis of his personality? I'll criticise all of them if they're below par but it's about footballing attributes, not if they're out for a drink.

I won't even comment on the other nonsense.

Thanks 'stgeorgerednotagashead' for putting my thoughts into words exactly.

Bristol Boy needs to go and 'support' some other team, either at the the very top, so he will have nothing to moan about or someone at the very bottom, so he can really get his teeth into something.

His lack of appreciation for what the team have achieved so far this season and witch hunts against certain players beggars belief.

Which players?

Ivan Sproule & Scott Murray were slated because they performed badly as was David Noble

Theres a small part of your problem.

I could expand but had enough of your tiresome attitude.

But they did actually play badly that day and even Murray admitted that!

I am finding the posts a bit harsh. We have grown into expecting good performances and those performances have relected into not too good results. I agree with BB in some other post that we are not finishing and we are losing our edge. I think Ipswich can mathematically catch us and we are peeped at the post of a play off berth.

Players and the team have peaked so it seems. There have been a few line ups selections that have been questionable, are these injury deciding selections, maybe. We have not fixed our lack of scoring solution which is apparent against others. I think alot of people are frustrated.

BB in my opinion supplies excellent game reports and does speak his mind and give an opinion and sticks to it. I don't see anything wrong with that after all it is a forum.

Ease up and lets get behind the team as BB suggests.

I am finding the posts a bit harsh. We have grown into expecting good performances and those performances have relected into not too good results. I agree with BB in some other post that we are not finishing and we are losing our edge. I think Ipswich can mathematically catch us and we are peeped at the post of a play off berth.

Players and the team have peaked so it seems. There have been a few line ups selections that have been questionable, are these injury deciding selections, maybe. We have not fixed our lack of scoring solution which is apparent against others. I think alot of people are frustrated.

BB in my opinion supplies excellent game reports and does speak his mind and give an opinion and sticks to it. I don't see anything wrong with that after all it is a forum.

Ease up and lets get behind the team as BB suggests.

I agree, the last couple of days, this forum has reminded me of a playground, full of bullies.

There are lots of topics that I don't agree with BB, and also quite a few that I agree with, but I really can't believe some of the holier than thou attitude of some people on here, so what if people don't like what he has to say?, its his right as a forum member to voice his opinions, as is anyone else on here.

Some so called City fans should hang their heads in bloody shame, yer pathetic. How 'ckin far have City come since Tinpots god awful times??? Battered by everyone, players taking the piss, club likewise. Remember being hammered by the likes of Wycombe, & Lu'on, and scraping wins just about everywhere else??? And cursing the results frequently, remember the no show at the Madstad, and Wondersons pathetic response to defeat? THATS how far we've come. Try and think positive, cos we could always end up like the Penis, Benny, Wonderson and Tinpot days back again......THAT would give you lot summat to bitch about. :noexpression:

You joyous lot might like to take some of this on board: Fans of clubs (Even Manks, Hellski, and the Arse)who I work with have done nothing but compliment me on our progress under GJ. They also say if we get up, we'll go straight down, but thats a different issue :innocent06: The joyous sods phoning Radio Brizz, are just a joke, but thats what phone ins do, they attract jokes..Do you really think we'd have an easy run out to the season, playing good football every time. Still remember last season, nerves kick in, you wont get classic games. The prize is huge.

And the relentless sanctimonious I'm a better fan than you crap that has infested this forum in recent weeks is just as bloody tedious. We're all fans, some quiet, some noisy, some pissed up cretins, some equally pissed up well behaved fans. The only bad fan is one who brings discredit to this club for WHATEVER reason. Support your club, don't drag its name down among the pondlife like Scumwall, Barfdiff, et al. show the world we're City, and proud, not a whiney he did it, so i did crew.

Some so called City fans should hang their heads in bloody shame, yer pathetic. How 'ckin far have City come since Tinpots god awful times??? Battered by everyone, players taking the piss, club likewise. Remember being hammered by the likes of Wycombe, & Lu'on, and scraping wins just about everywhere else??? And cursing the results frequently, remember the no show at the Madstad, and Wondersons pathetic response to defeat? THATS how far we've come. Try and think positive, cos we could always end up like the Penis, Benny, Wonderson and Tinpot days back again......THAT would give you lot summat to bitch about. :noexpression:

You joyous lot might like to take some of this on board: Fans of clubs (Even Manks, Hellski, and the Arse)who I work with have done nothing but compliment me on our progress under GJ. They also say if we get up, we'll go straight down, but thats a different issue :innocent06: The joyous sods phoning Radio Brizz, are just a joke, but thats what phone ins do, they attract jokes..Do you really think we'd have an easy run out to the season, playing good football every time. Still remember last season, nerves kick in, you wont get classic games. The prize is huge.

And the relentless sanctimonious I'm a better fan than you crap that has infested this forum in recent weeks is just as bloody tedious. We're all fans, some quiet, some noisy, some pissed up cretins, some equally pissed up well behaved fans. The only bad fan is one who brings discredit to this club for WHATEVER reason. Support your club, don't drag its name down among the pondlife like Scumwall, Barfdiff, et al. show the world we're City, and proud, not a whiney he did it, so i did crew.

At last some sense. :clapping:

Ivan Sproule & Scott Murray were slated because they performed badly as was David Noble

Theres a small part of your problem.

I could expand but had enough of your tiresome attitude.

Seems like you've had enough of slagging and can't find any facts to support your remarks-The above proves my point-The players were slated by numerous posters, indeed the majority, including posters, like myself for example, that have previously defended players like Noble against ridiculous personal attacks that have no place on any forum as they're not football related, slated the players for their performance/s that were unacceptable-Not because we saw them in a pub or because of their nationality/hairstyle/family relationship* delete as applicable or other personal issues.

There's a difference between a witch hunt, that you can't & never will evidence and justified criticism on a match by match basis.

When you've grown up and wish to debate at a sensible level come back.

But they did actually play badly that day and even Murray admitted that!

Exactly.It's called being even handed and not having favourites or pre-determined views.

Yep, Bucks and I don't and haven't always agreed (and it's a forum, that's the point!) but he's 100% right here.

good posting.......well said!

unfortunately though there are some "the suicide squad*" will keep whining on regardless of where were 1/2/3-10 years ago, despite the club that our clubs is moving forward.

personally I've got sick to death of listening to the same moaners over the years on the friday night show and post match on Radio Bristol, Terry from Shire and that bloody Kelvin!!! it's like they have never seen it so bad, them alongside the likes of Ashtonyate and others.....pointless

When you've grown up and wish to debate at a sensible level come back.

Yeah, if you're going to lecture people on growing up and debating at a sensible level, it may carry a touch more resonance if you don't do it in a thread where you've already accused people of making "the most stupid remark I've read on this board" and of "acting like eight year olds", where you've called somebody "three eyes", where your response to someone's post was "who asked you?", where you've stated someone who doesn't like your reviews doesn't have "the attitude to be a member of the ST Board", where you've called someone "a disgrace" and where you've told someone to "get a job".

Otherwise you may just come over as a touch hypocritical.

Yeah, if you're going to lecture people on growing up and debating at a sensible level, it may carry a touch more resonance if you don't do it in a thread where you've already accused people of making "the most stupid remark I've read on this board" and of "acting like eight year olds", where you've called somebody "three eyes", where your response to someone's post was "who asked you?", where you've stated someone who doesn't like your reviews doesn't have "the attitude to be a member of the ST Board", where you've called someone "a disgrace" and where you've told someone to "get a job".

Otherwise you may just come over as a touch hypocritical.

Edson.

Please don't take this as a personal dig, but for you to mention so many points that Bristol Boy has made in so many posts is quite sadenning.

This thread, and others like it, have now become a joke. You know BB will react to what you have said, and then it will go on and on and on, hence why many of us are finding the forum producing such rubbish posts, irratating and totally boring.

Your certainly up there with the higher rated posters, so why oh why you have to continue this bull i just don't know.

It is after all, a football forum, not a "battle of the forum members".

As i said, don't take it personally, just something i felt need to be said.

Cheers Arn.

One of my favourate forums closed down yesterday evening. A victim of its own success.

The enjoyment of what we all built a community for had been lost. It's funny but the message on the board read: Too much politics, abuse, opinions and bullshit. Sod that. It was supposed to be a friendly thing and it's clearly not.

I can't help but think that sums up OTIB perfectly right now, I can't even be bothered to moderate the place because its just not worth the effort.

How old are people on here, I'm 27 and I'm watching grown men 10, 20 years older than me go toe to toe on a message board.

It's a shame I can't just turn off the forum and we can all go back to enjoying what we came here for and that was to watch and take enjoyment of the football. Sadly it seems more about having an ego on here, or being the 'de-facto' fan with a view. Well personally if you can't enjoy our current best position for 30 years then sadly you've lost what we all follow our team for.

One of my favourate forums closed down yesterday evening. A victim of its own success.

The enjoyment of what we all built a community for had been lost. It's funny but the message on the board read: Too much politics, abuse, opinions and bullshit. Sod that. It was supposed to be a friendly thing and it's clearly not.

I can't help but think that sums up OTIB perfectly right now, I can't even be bothered to moderate the place because its just not worth the effort.

How old are people on here, I'm 27 and I'm watching grown men 10, 20 years older than me go toe to toe on a message board.

It's a shame I can't just turn off the forum and we can all go back to enjoying what we came here for and that was to watch and take enjoyment of the football. Sadly it seems more about having an ego on here, or being the 'de-facto' fan with a view. Well personally if you can't enjoy our current best position for 30 years then sadly you've lost what we all follow our team for.

Tom, I can see your point but surely you could delete this particular topic ? I think we've all had enough of it now.

It's a shame I can't just turn off the forum and we can all go back to enjoying what we came here for and that was to watch and take enjoyment of the football. If you can't enjoy that then stop watching it.

Sums it up perfectly Tom.

BB is definately a strong minded forum poster, who sticks by what he says.

He also defends his corner at every opportunity.

That does NOT make him a bad person, and forum members must understand that!!!

The same as ALL on here. Its here to debate, and enjoy.

Sadly, its broken it,s back in recent weeks, and has lost its sparkle.

You cant beat the likes of Red Goblin and Malone, comong up with some wonderful one liners, that put,s a smile on my/our faces.

I cant be assed to get in to any computers screen rows, to me it,s frustating and is also gutless.

Just move on.....Arn.

Edson.

Please don't take this as a personal dig, but for you to mention so many points that Bristol Boy has made in so many posts is quite sadenning.

This thread, and others like it, have now become a joke. You know BB will react to what you have said, and then it will go on and on and on, hence why many of us are finding the forum producing such rubbish posts, irratating and totally boring.

Your certainly up there with the higher rated posters, so why oh why you have to continue this bull i just don't know.

It is after all, a football forum, not a "battle of the forum members".

As i said, don't take it personally, just something i felt need to be said.

Cheers Arn.

It's not bull, Arn.

It's all abuse and digs that he's posted in this thread and then he tells others to grow up. It's not the first time either. Far from it.

Of course, he'll have the last word, as these threads never die until he does. But that's kind of the point. It's not about being highly rated or anything like that, it's about people being able to hold an alternative view without being battered into submission every single time by or accused of collaborating by someone who can't help sniping and trying to upset people.

No offence taken. :)

Summed up perfectly there TomF.

Just do it, close the forum for a day or even a week. At least it means I might get some work done!

Archived