IGNORED

Step Over Mcindoe And Loser Sproule No Passion

Jags11

Our only bright spark or I hope saviour will be Brooker but how can be expect any more when McIndoe and Sproule do not put anything into our game.

I believe it needed a Trundle to unlock something in the second half but I am afraid Byfield will be playing for some League 1 club next year.

Stoke will be playing ' air football' next week and City without Johnson and McAlister will possibly use McCoomb and Vasko?

Yes some basics were better but our Manager has lost the magic touch at the critical time on selection and motivation.

A bigger audience will be viewing our team and the Manager's selection in the ' last chance saloon' and let us hope a 'lot of shooting' will be on view.

Depressed due to lack of goals sickness.

McIndoes probably our most consistant player :noexpression:

To be fair some of his more recent performances havn't been AS good, but overall hes been a wonderfull signing.

People might be fed up of hearing this but we are in with a great chance of promotion and everyone is moaning :disapointed2se: !!!

I would say McIndoe is one of the players in our team that I call genuine Championship quality.

We all know we are where we are because of team spirit and passion but this guy is worthy of this league in his own right.

I don't think Sproule has fired at all however I don't know how calling one of our current players "a loser" serves any positive purpose??

i class mcindoe as one of the best in the side tbh

the only player to take on someone IMO

trundle uses his skill then either loses the ball or passes it

sproule will like 3 times then be knackered

who would we play Left wing without mcindoe hay ?

you are having a laugh, still waiting for Mcindoe to take on , beat, and put in a dangerous cross, his plus point is that he works hard, tracks back, but he's not an out and out winger, and as for sproule what a huge waste, we could Owen up front and he would still struggle to score goals with the poor service and lack of decent crosses into the box, surely there must be a youngster worth a try, after all can't be any worst than sproule, I think even wilson a better option.

Sproule started ok, but, has faded and is out of his depth. His return in terms of goals and assists has been extremely poor. As for the fastest thing in the league tag; hmmm.

His marker fell over and was on the floor 5 yards from Sproule and still caught him up 10 yards later! He is also very conscious of not getting hit. I'm loathed to use the term "bottler", but, the cap appears to fit of late.

As for McIndoe; he has been quality and one of our best performers. However, the last few weeks he has shown nothing, but, still starts every time.

As said, it doesn't matter who is up front if you are playing a 4-4-2 without any real passing quality in the middle, hence, depending on wingers to supply and they simply don't.

At the moment, I would go back to 4-4-1-1 and look to Trundle to find the killer pass. Yes he has been fairly disappointing, but, Noble clearly isn't the answer; 4-4-2 produced 2 genuine chances in 90 minutes (more down to Brooker trying to make something happen) and Carle, Skuse and Elliot have certain qualities, but unlocking a defence isn't one of them.

I see little other option than Trundle behind Brooker unless we want to go for the hoof-ball to Adebola and Brooker which does not suit our style and does not really suit Brooker. It would suit Adebola more IF he re-discovers his fighting instinct and realises that he is allowed to jump a few inches off the ground.

Sproule - He is also very conscious of not getting hit. I'm loathed to use the term "bottler", but, the cap appears to fit of late

To be honest I hadn't seen Sproule as a 'bottler' before but on Saturday against Elokobi he backed out of loads of challenges.He didn't want to know.

As for McIndoe; he has been quality and one of our best performers. However, the last few weeks he has shown nothing, but, still starts every time.

Could be a dip form but who else can fill the wide left slot?

As said, it doesn't matter who is up front if you are playing a 4-4-2 without any real passing quality in the middle, hence, depending on wingers to supply and they simply don't.

Wingers can't supply much if they aren't getting much ball.Thats why Sproule was so anonymous in the first half on Saturday.The ball hardly came out to the right at all.He got far more ball in the second half but still didn't manage to deliver one decent cross.

To be honest I hadn't seen Sproule as a 'bottler' before but on Saturday against Elokobi he backed out of loads of challenges.He didn't want to know.

It isn't the first time. He has done a few jumps out of the way when he could have got stuck in instead. As I said, bottling it may be a bit strong; protecting an ongoing injury concern?

Could be a dip form but who else can fill the wide left slot?

Betsy if he wasn't on loan. In the current available players, we are struggling so he probably has to keep its place; just its not on merit - unless a complete formation happens :-

Wingers can't supply much if they aren't getting much ball.Thats why Sproule was so anonymous in the first half on Saturday.The ball hardly came out to the right at all.He got far more ball in the second half but still didn't manage to deliver one decent cross.

Partly due to the midfield problem when there is nobody who can put their foot on the ball and see a pass quick enough. This is why I think we need Trundle in the starting XI.

A complete change of system to 3-5-2 would allow for leaving McIndoe out and playing Trundle behind two strikers, but, a bit too cavalier for GJ's liking.

Fontaine - McCombe - Carey

Orr or Wilson - Elliot - Trundle - Skuse - McAllister

Byfield or Adebola - Brooker

Yes, I know it's completely different and isn't the formation that got us where we are, but, we are a fading side near the bottom of the current form league.

Why not change something and build towards a team for the play-offs. Can easily change to a 4-4-2 with 1 or 2 subs. It might even get us a win or two that leads to something better!

Carry on like we are and I don't believe things will radically change enough to get auto-promotion and confidence may drop to a level that we play like the last 3 games in the play-off semi; that will not be enough against the likes of Hull, Watford, Palace etc IMHO.

McIndoe is the left winger we have not had for seasons

Two seasons ago this forum was screaming for a left winger, this was after a season of Wilkshire, Murray and anyone else who was a possibility.

GJ, at seasons end when questioned about possible signings, said, " a left winger was not amongst his considerations ". A season later he signed McIndoe and Sproule to replace the aging and slowing Murray.

I was amazed that GJ at the time did not see the need to sign a left winger. I am also amazed at this time he has not seen the need to sign a pacey striker. That has been a missing link all season, but I imagine he will sign one a season later, like McIndoe. The other missing link has been a creative goal scoring midfielder. LJ is a link but not a creative goalscorer. Our end of season shopping list starts with that striker and midfielder.

Think a lot of this criticism of Sproule is over the top.

He didn't play well on saturday, but he had been left out of the side for the previous 4 games so we can't expect miracles from any player who have just got abck into the side. He also felt his hamstring go 20 minutes from the end, but still battled his socks off including 2 60 yard runs to track back from McIndoes wasted corners.

That said, he probably had our best chance, the keeper saving well from a low shot on the edge of the area, as well as being a threat that wolves had to deal with. It would be much easier to mark a wilson or murray, than the pace of sproule. Plus, it must be very hard when Orr plays behind you and just hits aimless 40 yard balls all game.

For some reason we have to have a scapgoat, so i guess this is Ivan's turn. Don't forget that it's his first season here, he has scored our goal of the season, been a key part of our best run from sept-jan. He's also been capped for his country and played in the side that beat england, gerrard, rooney cole et al. He's one the scottish cup too. Not bad for only 3 years of pro football.

So to call him, and i quote one poster 'a rank under achiever' is harsh. He loves this club, he is desperate to succeed, get behind the lad and build him up to see his best!

the interesting thing about the whole sproule situation at the moment, is that it was his first game back in the team after a few out, fair enough, however something some people have totally overlooked, is that the big left back was a monster of a player and also VERY GOOD!

the interesting thing about the whole sproule situation at the moment, is that it was his first game back in the team after a few out, fair enough, however something some people have totally overlooked, is that the big left back was a monster of a player and also VERY GOOD!

Yes, as usual BH you make sense, by dare I say it and not being patronising, stating the obvious.

Their left bakc was very good, but the problem is with Sproule(espec on Saturday), that quite often especially in the second half, he would be looking to receive the ball on the half way line, rather than trying to run in behind the LB. In that respect, he also reminded me MASSIVELY of Junior Bent, who used to do EXACTLY the same thing.

Mcindoe works his socks off but to often has no real end product.

Still a class act though and one of the better players in the team

Agree with that. McIndoe works hard up and down all day long. The problem in terms of going forward is McIndoe is a wide midfield player rather than a natural winger, so he's never going to beat his man that often.

Sproule on the other hand has the pace certainly, and the skill, to a degree, to be more dangerous going forward. But there wont be any end product from him if he ducks out of challenges like the one on the by-line in front of the Atyeo on Saturday, which was totally unacceptable.

you are having a laugh, still waiting for Mcindoe to take on , beat, and put in a dangerous cross, his plus point is that he works hard, tracks back, but he's not an out and out winger, and as for sproule what a huge waste, we could Owen up front and he would still struggle to score goals with the poor service and lack of decent crosses into the box, surely there must be a youngster worth a try, after all can't be any worst than sproule, I think even wilson a better option.

I've been saying for a long while now about how poor the end result from Mcindoe has been this season. The lad works hard up and back , but far to often lacks the quality to get a decent cross in or the guile to coax the defender into rash tackles or mistakes . Inconsistancy throughout the game from him along with some others has held us back with the lack of goalscoring an obvious highlight .

I'm not impresssed as yet with him but can appreciate why others like him . Still believe Scotty has been overlooked at times and could have made greater impact at whatever stage of the game he played instead of Mcindoe .

Sproule impressed the management team enough and expectations were high but as yet there has been little return to impress the faithful . He must be downhearted with his personal season though as a team player I'm sure he feels he's made some positive contribution .

Of course whatever happens now we should be delighted with the overall progression as a club and will give us a platform to build on where ever we shall be playing .

Will we be as high in the champs table next year if the premier league passes us by , who knows .

Experience will tell us this season that an striker with greater prowess and scoring record is a must alongwith the odd addition .

Will money be held back for the new stadium where a what if scenario could develope as the last few weeks if players are not signed ??

We are at the sharp end now and although the last few weeks have taken their toll on the table , the players and the fans , I still believe we can take it to the last game when anything can happen . :goingup:

Our only bright spark or I hope saviour will be Brooker but how can be expect any more when McIndoe and Sproule do not put anything into our game.

I believe it needed a Trundle to unlock something in the second half but I am afraid Byfield will be playing for some League 1 club next year.

Stoke will be playing ' air football' next week and City without Johnson and McAlister will possibly use McCoomb and Vasko?

Yes some basics were better but our Manager has lost the magic touch at the critical time on selection and motivation.

A bigger audience will be viewing our team and the Manager's selection in the ' last chance saloon' and let us hope a 'lot of shooting' will be on view.

Depressed due to lack of goals sickness.

yur the mug that the other post are talking about those 2 players have been the best part of the first team all season and now there our problem ,i don't think we have a problem ,we are riding high and I'm proud of all player no matter what happens this seasopn WELL DOE BRISTOL CITY YOU HAVE MADE US ALL PROUD!!

Archived