IGNORED

Gary Johnson Has Asked Us To Clarify The Comments...

greenun

Just like to add my support to the cause of not buying this newspaper. I read it for a long time but couldn't stomach the almost comical bias any longer.

It's clear that in recent years the editorial has developed a consistently negative slant when it comes to coverage of our beloved club - thus the "BCFC bottlers" as opposed the the often cited "BRFC battlers" whose victories tend to be in some kind of heroic circumstances and defeats rarely without a hefty dose of bad luck/poor decisions from officals etc.

Don't buy it folks. You don't need it.

The Gator

Just like to add my support to the cause of not buying this newspaper. I read it for a long time but couldn't stomach the almost comical bias any longer.

It's clear that in recent years the editorial has developed a consistently negative slant when it comes to coverage of our beloved club - thus the "BCFC bottlers" as opposed the the often cited "BRFC battlers" whose victories tend to be in some kind of heroic circumstances and defeats rarely without a hefty dose of bad luck/poor decisions from officals etc.

Don't buy it folks. You don't need it.

The Gator

I think it's a hell of a shame that the biased sports reporting is being allowed to ruin the Bristol Evening Post's integrity. The 'open lines' section of the offending newspaper of Monday April 21st had a brilliant letters section on pages 10 and 11. The 'soapbox' and 'feedback' letters on page 11 were first class. A purge is all that's needed - I reckon the owners should sack the sports editor and offending sports journalists and introduce new blood to get the newspaper back on track as an impartial local newspaper.

I see the headline writers have been at it again with their latest "LANSDOWN HITS BACK" effort. Even though the quotes within that article show no anger or 'hitting back' at all.

There's only one remedy - the sports editor and offending sports journalists of the Bristol Evening Post should be sacked. Those journalists needn't even be unemployed as they could write the Bristol Rovers FC matchday programme - their ideal vocation? :icecream:

I see the headline writers have been at it again with their latest "LANSDOWN HITS BACK" effort. Even though the quotes within that article show no anger or 'hitting back' at all.

'Hits back' refers to Lansdown pointing out to the critical element of the fan base that City have in fact have a fantastic season - whatever happens from here on in.

At least thats the way I interpreted it.

Archived