IGNORED

Kevin Lisbie

Somerset Red

Absolutely, look at his record in ten years at Charlton and you'll see why he's not the one for us.

Whilst 100% agree with your analysis of his previous record, he looked outstanding (alright bit strong - very good then)at the Gate, and could be a worthy addition to our squad, but ONLY if we stay in the CCC.

Whilst 100% agree with your analysis of his previous record, he looked outstanding (alright bit strong - very good then)at the Gate, and could be a worthy addition to our squad, but ONLY if we stay in the CCC.

Any opposition striker looks good when they are given the freedom of Ashton Gate like Lisbie was.

I agree with an earlier reply that points out his record at Charlton.Not that impressive.

Thats in the top league though but he can do a job at this level I think.

Not saying I want him I actually dislike him but he might just have found his level. He might want to stay at Colchester anyway after years of being frozen out at Charlton to be main man at Colchester might just give him a good enough feeling to stay.

I agree with comments that Lisbie would be next season's Byfield if we got him. Decent player at this level but I'd much rather we stole a march on other teams sniffing around Maynard at Crewe.

At least if we paid a sizeable fee like we did with Trunds, we'd have itme on our side to recoup it as well as him being probably the best English goalscoring talent in the Football League.

Not for me thanks. :noexpression:

I think Healy would be an astute signing, he is used to playing in teams who have their backs against the wall and is a leathal finisher at the very top level. With Fulham all but down, i think GJ may be tempted by him. I don't think his wages are too high and for around £1-£2m he could be a shrewd aquisition.

As a previous poster mentioned, Misfud at Coventry is a top player, but has gone quiet lately. I'd be very happy with a signing like that. Finally, there was previously some talk of targeting Darren Ambrose at Charlton to reinforce our midfield options and add some much needed experience, he would be a great addition to our squad.

Either way, the current team have done very well and IMO most will continue next year.

How far we've come eh?

Talking about getting Ambrose from Charlton, don't think he'd come - but shows the kind of player we should be looking to add to the squad in the summer. Who would've predicted that this time last year?

Agree about Maynard too, he would be quality, but we'd have to fight off some big boys to land him.

Sure that GJ has a list already, for whichever league we find ourselves in.

Lisbie @ Charlton scored something like 3 goals in 2 games and was linked to other Premier League teams that were fighting for europe and demanded that he should be allowed to talk to them - he played a few more games - scored nowt and interest faded - don't like that kind of attitude - not for us.

If we stay down:

Brian Howard

Ambrose

Mifsud

Maynard if we go up or stay down as a long term investment

If we go up:

Konchesky

Gabbidon?

Kightly

Brian Howard

Ambrose

Maynard as a long term investment

Bent?

Should about cover it.

Maynard, Howard, and Kightly: Yes please, but I'd expect more Nick Carles than Danny Gabbidons.

GJ has this habit of unearthing relatively obscure gems and this may continue if we reach the gravy train of the Premier League.

I'm sure Neil Warnock would be delighted to let him go!

CR

But only after he's blamed West Ham, Liverpool, Wigan, Sir Alex Ferguson, the FA, the Football League, the Premier League, Tevez and his strangely monikered ex agent/owner, the ref, the ref's assistants, the media,the tea lady, three blokes he's never met before who he saw in Asda, and Mahatma Gandhi..........

How far we've come eh?

Talking about getting Ambrose from Charlton, don't think he'd come - but shows the kind of player we should be looking to add to the squad in the summer. Who would've predicted that this time last year?

Agree about Maynard too, he would be quality, but we'd have to fight off some big boys to land him.

Sure that GJ has a list already, for whichever league we find ourselves in.

We have come a long way, quickly, and we have GJ to thank for that.

From my recollection, albeit somewhat hazy, after the Charlton game Johnson was talking to Ambrose coming off the pitch and also made some complimentary comments about him after the game. The only other time i recall him doing / saying this was with Lee Trundle when at Swansea. And we know what happened there. 100% speculation though, and if Carle performs like he did on saturday, then we have a ready made player anyway.

I would be very excited by Ambrose though!! :icecream:

It's worth considering that teams like Fulham and Derby, who will most likely be our rivals next term, won't let players like Healy and Earnshaw go. Whilst both would be good signings for us at this level, they'll very much be integral parts of their own sqauds next year so that's pretty much a no-go for us.

Maynard for me please... :fingerscrossed:

Archived