IGNORED

Lee Trundle

Jesus

After the Cardiff game I though LT may have had his last chance because he didn't look a threat.

But fair play, he has found some form and GJ has found an effective mix of players. Trundle now looks dangerous. He says he's naturally confident lad but it's easy to see how much his belief is growing

The shot that hit the bar was similar to the goals he scored against Scunny and suddenly he seems to want to try things like that again. The low shot he had in the first half from about 20 yards after his goal must also have been quite close. I couldn't tell how close from my angle.

Guest DanC

Trundle has had a difficult season on and off the field really. He split with his partner early into the season and moving to a new City on your own mustn't be easy. It has also taken him a while to adjust to the Championship and I don't think we have played to his strengths either which hasn't helped him.

He new looks as if he has settled it and adjusted to championship football and more importantly we are playing to his strengths. It's also good to watch his link up play with McIndoe, They are two of our most creative players and it's a joy to watch when there linking together.

A great team performance and the best win of the season!

If we can repeat that when under a lot more pressure, then that would be excellent!

...But after the way they all played yesterday, I personally don't see why not! :winner_third_h4h:

Trundle has had a difficult season on and off the field really. He split with his partner early into the season and moving to a new City on your own mustn't be easy. It has also taken him a while to adjust to the Championship and I don't think we have played to his strengths either which hasn't helped him.

He new looks as if he has settled it and adjusted to championship football and more importantly we are playing to his strengths. It's also good to watch his link up play with McIndoe, They are two of our most creative players and it's a joy to watch when there linking together.

Why Trundle has struggled this season has been speculated about many many times. We saw yesterday what he's capable of but to start producing with two league games to go in a season is very disapointing for him, Gary Johnson, the players and us fans.What a shame that we weren't able to see Trundle performing well earlier in the season.Who knows but if he had been firing earlier City could be where Stoke are now.

That said - it good that City are now hitting a bit of form.Noble and McIndoe were both excellent yesterday as was Carle and with three creative players to supply Trundle he can do alot of damage with the right service.

Most City fans don't fancy playing Palace after their antics and Warnocks insane rantings after the draw at AG but I'm not worried about them.You know what to expect and Johnson will prepare the team and have his tactics spot on.Assuming eveyone is available I would expect the same starting 11 at Selhurst Park next Saturday.

With Trundle playing well, you only have to look around him and see Carle, Noble and McIndoe, footballers who have the ability and style to play with him. It was there to see how much better Trundle plays with that style of support.

The fans can now see that GJ has a team that can compete in the play offs.

Now listen to this. For most of the season we have had an over worked defence and a non productive midfield. WHY ?

The last two games will show you why. If we play with our best footballers attacking and creating, the opposition have to defend, having less time to pressure our defence. Then the defence looks better with less pressure.

That leaves Sproule and LJ on the bench, but I cant see them replacing anyone in Saturdays starting eleven.

Thinking about it, dd anyone see Trundle and Gary having a massive hug when Trundle came off?

must have a good relationship

Yes I saw this and passed comment to my brother. I reckon the hug was 2 fold:

1. Trundles relief at getting his form back and proving his critics wrong

2. The gaffer acknowledging he had a blinder of a game and putting any differences they had, behind them.

I have been one of Trund's biggest fans, and I just hope yesterday's performance is the start of him coming good and guiding us through the play-offs!

:)

Yes I saw this and passed comment to my brother. I reckon the hug was 2 fold:

1. Trundles relief at getting his form back and proving his critics wrong

2. The gaffer acknowledging he had a blinder of a game and putting any differences they had, behind them.

I have been one of Trund's biggest fans, and I just hope yesterday's performance is the start of him coming good and guiding us through the play-offs!

:)

To be honest, I've never thought they had any differences.

I thought Trundle, like the type of player he is, wants to play in every game no matter who the opposition.

GJ has dropped him down to the bench and sometimes the stands, because he hasn't done the business on the pitch and we are not a team that can afford passengers.

Rather than whining and spitting the dummy like some previous players of ours, he's got his down, trained hard and given 100% every time he's asked.

I want every player to succeed but Trundle has frustrated me more than others because I know he is capable of succeeding.

To be honest, I've never thought they had any differences.

I thought Trundle, like the type of player he is, wants to play in every game no matter who the opposition.

GJ has dropped him down to the bench and sometimes the stands, because he hasn't done the business on the pitch and we are not a team that can afford passengers.

Rather than whining and spitting the dummy like some previous players of ours, he's got his down, trained hard and given 100% every time he's asked.

I want every player to succeed but Trundle has frustrated me more than others because I know he is capable of succeeding.

I don't find it surprising that he's played well when we've started him alongside a strong centre forward and given him the ball to feet. It's been blindingly obvious all season that that is what was required.

Unfortunately some people have looked at the hopeful 60 yard balls we were hitting to him and wondered why he wasn't scoring bucket loads.

I don't find it surprising that he's played well when we've started him alongside a strong centre forward and given him the ball to feet. It's been blindingly obvious all season that that is what was required.

Unfortunately some people have looked at the hopeful 60 yard balls we were hitting to him and wondered why he wasn't scoring bucket loads.

yep, many of us have stated he needed the big man alongside him, to the response of many a put down, however it's been said endlessly he needs to play alongside a target man, 3 games he's started, cardiff and the last 2, the last 2 being his best performances

Unchanged for the 1st leg personally

Not just that - City have started playing to Trundle's strenghts by playing balls to his feet and with visionary players like Noble and McIndoe in the side he's always likely to get the ball in good positions. Thats what hapened today.

According to GJ it`s Trundle thats started to play to Citys` strengths, not the other way round. I agree, it`s only the last couple of performances that we`ve seen him put the effort in.

PDG

As much as this great time of the season and I'm not negative but I think maybe Trundle is one those players where to get the best out out of him you need to centre the team around him . Yet all the way through the season GJ didn't want to do this. Then had a awful period last 10 games where we lost our momentum and GJ tried loads of different formations and players skuse wilson sproule muarry and the rest. THen gave in and played trundle to his strengths e.g play mcindoe right by him and noble also a quality player then given to his feet. But then again you can praise GJ for changing the team so much and for it to work. But anyhow we now have play offs and it seems suddenly as if by fairy tale Trundle could be key.

LT was fantastic yesterday. Easily his best game for us and showed £1m form. BUT.....I don't think he scored yesterday... Just been watching the highlights on World and can see Boom Boom's leg prod the ball goalwards, but just didn't see LT get a touch on the ball.... TBH I don't care who scored, but is it just me or did I miss something when watching the footage...?

My two favourite Trundle moments yesterday:

1. Chasing down a passback he tried the schoolboy trick of screaming at the top of his voice to put the keeper of his kick

2. Berating Bradley for a couple of minutes for a pass being directed to the wrong foot. He kept shouting 'wrong side, man, wrong side' until Bradley told him to eff off

He really should have put the one on one away though.

I loved watching him all day yesterday might just buy the DVD. Saying that I thought him, Carle, Nobes and McIndoe looked amazing together what a mouth watering partnership.

It is going to be a different ball game against Palace but you can not mark four players out of a game.

That's right. Hopefully if Palace preoccupy themselves with keeping really tight on Trundle he will be able to play someone else in.

He was marked tightly earlier in the season and it didn't really work out that way, but he looks much more confident now and the tricks are coming out.

Going back to the exchange with Bradley mentioned by Mozo, I thought even that was a sign of his improving confidence, because before he probably would have growled once and left it. On Sunday he was determined to make his point to the fellow Scouser.

Archived