IGNORED

Evil Post At It Again

matt1969bcfc

Before the sags v WBA cup tie did the EP run a headline, in the interest of balance of course,

"Phillips dreams of Wembley Glory"

only for the few sags that can read, to discover the story related to Kevin Phillips?

No, I though not.

Andy Stockhausen does not have a clue. Not a clue. I hope he's reading this because he's an embarassment to his profession. He has a specific remit to cover local football clubs for a local, not national, audience. That requires a level of focus, empathy and perhaps even passion for the club he is employed to cover, not balanced sterile copy filed for a wider readership.

The fact that he seems to believe that his job is something akin to balanced writing for a national newspaper tells you all you need to know about how clueless he is and how unfit he is to perform the role he is employed for. He may have aspirations to write for national papers but the BRISTOL Evening Post & Press is not paying him to use the paper as a shop window.

Maybe he's desperately hoping to impress someone at the Daily Mail, who own the BEPP, but even a paper as cretinous as the Mail will probably recognise that Mr. Stockhausen is unable to write with passion or insight on any subject and will view his so called 'balanced copy' for what it is - an abdication of his duty to his existing customers, not evidence of skillful impartiality.

The tragedy is that there are a lot of bright articulate people out there in our region who would kill to cover their local football team with a bit of passion and at the least some sort of clue about the local club. That such talent and flair for writing about the specific interests of the paying readership is not possible due to Mr. Stockhausen being the incumbent, is a crying shame.

And don't forget that Mr. Stockhausen IS very much the 'incumbent', he used to provide the odd extra piece behind journalists appointed to lead coverage of each of Bristol's clubs, but more usually writing about park football and the like. THAT is his level and given the opportunity to step up and cover City we get this misguided nonsense (and increasingly hopeless match reports).

At the end of the day if you can't see what writing about a Bristol club in a Bristol paper might entail, you are not fit to do your job and should stick to park football and fishing or whatever such insipid reporting is suited to. Bring back Simon Parkinson and send Mr. Stockhausen off to where his third-rate passionless garbage might work. Teletext maybe.

Good post, you write very eliquently for a non native speaker, better than most the English people on here!

Oh and stop calling him 'MR' Stockhausen, it suggests respect and the guy deserves none

Good post, you write very eliquently for a non native speaker, better than most the English people on here!

Oh and stop calling him 'MR' Stockhausen, it suggests respect and the guy deserves none

It's 'Herr' Andy von Stockhausen as in Herr Hitler and Herr Goebels etc. 'Herr' being the German for the English 'Mr'. :icecream:

Guest MaloneFM

Oh come on now I think we are being a tad unfair on Snothausen.

In the play off game against Hartlepool the first goal was scored by Roberts and the second by winger Marc Goodfellow. Page 36 top of column five.

On the same two pages, 'Losing in the play offs is just awful says Tinnion', 'Another failure would be too much to bear for City skipper' and 'Walsall defeat left us all so devastated'.

Other titles by Mr Snothausen in the special include 'That Johnson, bit of t osser or what?' And 'Hollowhead to bounce back to manage England '.

Now not knowing the family background of the chappie its a bit rum to accuse him of being German in the 'all Germans are evil and always will be because of the war' kind of way. Its a cheap shot. And one of the the lowest forms of abuse.

I'd much perfer to go down the three headlines for and five against (two stories which were something of nothing) and a prediction that 'It will be close but I take Palace to win by the odd goal' line of evidence that as far as being the City reporter he gets most of his stories from here and is just cashing the cheques without any interest at all.

And if you are reading this old chum, it was the Freezer from a cross from Roberts, then Roberts for the winner. Make notes for next time eh?

Oh come on now I think we are being a tad unfair on Snothausen.

In the play off game against Hartlepool the first goal was scored by Roberts and the second by winger Marc Goodfellow. Page 36 top of column five.

On the same two pages, 'Losing in the play offs is just awful says Tinnion', 'Another failure would be too much to bear for City skipper' and 'Walsall defeat left us all so devastated'.

Other titles by Mr Snothausen in the special include 'That Johnson, bit of t osser or what?' And 'Hollowhead to bounce back to manage England '.

Now not knowing the family background of the chappie its a bit rum to accuse him of being German in the 'all Germans are evil and always will be because of the war' kind of way. Its a cheap shot. And one of the the lowest forms of abuse.

I'd much prefer to go down the three headlines for and five against (two stories which were something of nothing) and a prediction that 'It will be close but I take Palace to win by the odd goal' line of evidence that as far as being the City reporter he gets most of his stories from here and is just cashing the cheques without any interest at all.

And if you are reading this old chum, it was the Freezer from a cross from Roberts, then Roberts for the winner. Make notes for next time eh?

My god, Malone, just how little research is this halfwit even bothering to do? Surely he could have used the internet to look up the 2 scorers in the correct sequence.

I'm sure he didn't watch the Hartlepool game anyway because Rovers reserves probably had a big game in Forest Green or Yate or something.

The mistake about the Hartlepool game is astonishing - that has to be the most memorable 3 or 4 minutes in my time of watching City over the past 25 years. For City's main "reporter" not to know who scored is appalling. He shouldn't have to check it out.

But my favourite bit of Stockhausen was in his report on the Leicester away game earlier this year. The Sunday Times report (NB that's Sunday Times) included a paragraph starting something like "If Leicester had won this game 7-1 it would have been a fair reflection of the match..."

Stockhausen's report in Monday's Evening Post had an identical paragaph. Actually, it wasn't quite identical: Stockhausen thought 8-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the result (there's a surprise - putting City down). Apart from that, though, the whole paragraph was identical to the one in the Sunday Times.

Spooky. Or lazy. Or "plagiarism".

His mother must be very proud.

I have to say from an outsiders point of view that looked shocking and I would have been furious if somethng similar had been posted in our local paper.

mind you as the link above shows we have our own press problem In the online South London Press the week before the playoff

Millwall stories - 9

AFC Wimbledon stories - 6

Palace stories - 4

And yep the editor is a Millwall fan - best thing is just not to buy the paper

Archived