IGNORED

Evil Post At It Again

matt1969bcfc

I've never been one to get involved in the whole 'evil post' thing but that reply from the numpty at the post is beyond belief!

What a c**k.

can't believe immature arrogant stockhausens reply..just replied to him requesting a response that has more relevance to the fact that CITY are on the verge of the prem..two teams in the game maybe BUT ONLY ONE FROM BRISTOL

WTF does the editor not read this crap and put a stop to it who the fooooook do they think they are they claim to be Bristol paper when they give Crystal Palace more publicity than us.

To stop buying this rag is not enough. Who wrote it stok****housen cos if he had any serious ambitions to become a cretiable journo then surely what little hope there was if any has now been flushed down the sewer that the EVENING POST SITS ON TOP OF HENCE THE REASON FOR THE FOUL STENCH COMING FROM THE BULIDING it clear to me those fumes are affecting their judgement to support any local team that does not have rovers in the name.

A petition should be started to get these people to sit up and take note. :ranting:

Believe me, a few thousand people not buying the rag will have far more effect on the removal of their editorial bias than people signing a petition. Don't buy the paper and e-mail the editor and tell him why.

One more to ask Stockhausen - when the Gas played Doncaster in the JPT Final last year were there any back page features on Mark McCammon or Paul Heffernan (given that TWO sides were playing and people should get real in the interests of balanced copy, of course).

it's pathetic quite simply.

who actually cares about palace

in reality apart who actually buys newspapers full stop these days, the news that is published is 99% of the time retyped rubbish that generally has either come from a link on the forum or from the offical website the day before.

the only paper i get is the Metro, which is free.

who needs papers when you have the internet.

it's pathetic quite simply.

who actually cares about palace

in reality apart who actually buys newspapers full stop these days, the news that is published is 99% of the time retyped rubbish that generally has either come from a link on the forum or from the offical website the day before.

the only paper i get is the Metro, which is free.

who needs papers when you have the internet.

exactly, gave up buying papers around ten years ago... Don't care what he makes up but it shows what a tit he his with that reply.

Andy stockhausen has just emailed me back claiming it is his job to write a balanced piece because there are two teams in this play off semi ! two teams yes but surely only one from Bristol and it is after all a Bristol paper !I suggested to him it was time for a change at the EP in reply he suggests a change of readership !this is a disgrace a local journalist telling me not to read MY local newspaper if i don't like HIS oppinion !!!!!! SEE BELOW andys email reply

"Get real - there are two sides playing in this semi-final! If you want to read the thoughts of City players, perhaps you should buy our eight-page pull out in tomorrow's Post or the four-page spread in Saturday's Western Daily. My job is to produce balanced copy, focussing on BOTH clubs. Perhaps it's time for a change in our readership! "

What a W*****

As already suggested, go to the top of the EP and complain about the disgraceful response you received. Any editor who wishes to respond in such a fashion needs to be out of journalism.

DO IT, for all of us ....

Guest churchill gaffer
Does anyone actually buy this anymore?

I stopped buying the EVIL POST a while ago, because of this constant byus towards the GAS!!!!!

I have stopped listening to Radio Gas (Bristol) also. We get the City back on the map, and all they kept doing was talking about how wonderful the gas were!

When I complained twice to radio Bristol all I got both times was a lady on the other end who kept taking great pleasure in letting me know she was a Gas fan and has been for a long time.

Just watch City and read the sites. You get far better info this way. And you do not have to listen to the constant byus that keeps coming out when they are supposed to be talking about us.

Twentyman talks C**P annoys me even more. Have'nt listened to that for two years now!!!!!

It amazes me that City supporters still buy the Evening Gas to be honest. The simple reply to that letter (and perhaps a few hundred plus of us should write to him) is:-

Dear Mr Stockhausen

You are correct. It is time to get real and I will not be reading your newspaper anymore. Good luck with the change in readership.

Regards

(Copied in to the Editor of course).

Good idea... but what is the editor's e-mail address?

• Admin

I think the more worrying factor in all of this is the Evening Standard and ITV London's absence from today's media day at Ashton Gate.

How are they supposed to provide "balanced copy" when they can't even be bothered to send a reporter to our ground?

Read more here

"Get real - there are two sides playing in this semi-final! If you want to read the thoughts of City players, perhaps you should buy our eight-page pull out in tomorrow's Post or the four-page spread in Saturday's Western Daily. My job is to produce balanced copy, focussing on BOTH clubs. Perhaps it's time for a change in our readership! "

What a W*****

He gets his kicks this way, bit sad really.

His job is to produce balanced copy focusing on BOTH clubs? Why both? hes not a national hack, hes not that good, hes found his **** level... and excuse me sir, but when half your readers could potentially be BRISTOL CITY FANS, do you not owe them something as paying customers, how about some passion, some deeper journalism, something we don't already know? How do they get away with it? We deserve much better. Can't wait to see this four page spread, it better be a work of ****ing art!

I think the more worrying factor in all of this is the Evening Standard and ITV London's absence from today's media day at Ashton Gate.

How are they supposed to provide "balanced copy" when they can't even be bothered to send a reporter to our ground?

Read more here

Madger!

Fisrt post of yours I've seen in a while. Hope your back from your self-imposed exile. I've certainly missed your contributions to the forum.

Welcome back!

BTW what is this rubbish about balance? This is a tinpot local newspaper writing about football not the BBC covering politics! I'm afraid these little local reporters (journalist would give him credit for professional skills he hasn't got given that he is a cut and paste drone) do tend to get delusions of grandeur.

Guest DanC

When we got promotion last season the evil post jumped on the bandwagon big time with all there silly little flags and their picture specials etc and despite this they still treat us as the 2nd team in Bristol

Andy stockhausen has just emailed me back claiming it is his job to write a balanced piece because there are two teams in this play off semi ! two teams yes but surely only one from Bristol and it is after all a Bristol paper !I suggested to him it was time for a change at the EP in reply he suggests a change of readership !this is a disgrace a local journalist telling me not to read MY local newspaper if i don't like HIS oppinion !!!!!! SEE BELOW andys email reply

What a W*****

What's his e-mail and we'll start a new post to fill his mail box with voiced concerns (avoiding threats and swearing because then we look like the bad guys instead of this total ####ing w&nker!!!!) :innocent06:

I wonder if any of the London rags are doing a piece on City???

SORRY JUST NOTICED ADDRESS IS ALREADY POSTED EARLIER!!!! TAXI?

I cant get to London on Saturday, but can someone pick up a local Palace paper please? ....I mean....I assume they will have articles about City players dreaming of Wembley?

The Evil Post is a joke, its writers are a joke...simple as that! The only thing thats as big a joke, is that people still buy this vile little rag.

I didnt see an article in the paper about "Kevin Phillips dreams of Wembley" before a certain Quarter final game this year?

Ok Sinclair is Bristolian...but so what, this weekend is all about US...not Palace...not Rovers....us! The Evil Joke

Hes not though hes from Bath.

Complete joke of a paper!

I'm am sure The Evil Post will be the first on the band wagon when it comes to sponsoring the tour of the city when/if Bristol City win promotion to the Prem. Just like last season on the Cabot boat, On the side of the bus, their name was plasterd everywhere.

Hell i HATE!! that paper. What pile of S**te.

Just wait...what if:

Next year City are playing in the Premier League against some of the best teams in Europe with home games in the heart of Bristol.

Rovers are playing at Cheltenham - a town not in the Evening Post circulation area - in front of crowds of about 4,000.

Guess which newspaper will insist on "equal coverage"....i.e same space for City and Rovers and alternating stories between them....yep you've guessed it!

The Post's attitude is a bit like "institutional racism" - they have been doing it so long they don't even realise how biased they are...hence phrases like "the Blue half of Bristol" or "Rovers on fringes of the play-offs" when they are 16th etc.

Can't understand Mr Stockhausen suggesting people shouldn't read his own newspaper...very short-sighted attitude. Scot Sinclair is from Bath (outside the Evening Post circulation area) didn't see any articles on the wonderful reception Mat Hill got last weekend (he's from Bristol)...but then it was a Bank Holiday and like most other people I had better things to do than buy the paper!

Just wait...what if:

Next year City are playing in the Premier League against some of the best teams in Europe with home games in the heart of Bristol.

Rovers are playing at Cheltenham - a town not in the Evening Post circulation area - in front of crowds of about 4,000.

Guess which newspaper will insist on "equal coverage"....i.e same space for City and Rovers and alternating stories between them....yep you've guessed it!

:clapping:

True love: Irene Rovers 4 Andy von Stockhausen 4 ever&ever. Ahhh aint it sweet.

Didn't he come last in the prediction league in well red? Would be about right. Can't believe the above reply though, I do believe without a readership he'd be looking at a P45.

By way of comparison....... the local rag down here 'The Bournemouth Evening Echo' or the Echo as it is now known..... never really do anything other than support & promote the local teams...... Even now AFCB are in the deepest doo doo the paper never seems to do anything other than be very positive towards the club........ maybe there is a lesson to be learned?

I can't believe what I've just read (RE: his reply to Matt).

A journalist's main job is to provide an impartial, objective view. As a local rag that changes to City and Rovers fortunes, not Palace's. Nobody's wants to read about that and above all it's totally unethical.

Nevermind e-mailing the German Stockhausen, it'll just swell his overinflated ego more knowing that people have read it. E-mail Mike Norton, the editor in chief, and put your complaints to him. Beware though, he is a Gashead but he should be aware of that if he's any good at his job.

"My job is to produce balanced copy, focussing on BOTH clubs. "

Andy Stockhausen does not have a clue. Not a clue. I hope he's reading this because he's an embarassment to his profession. He has a specific remit to cover local football clubs for a local, not national, audience. That requires a level of focus, empathy and perhaps even passion for the club he is employed to cover, not balanced sterile copy filed for a wider readership.

The fact that he seems to believe that his job is something akin to balanced writing for a national newspaper tells you all you need to know about how clueless he is and how unfit he is to perform the role he is employed for. He may have aspirations to write for national papers but the BRISTOL Evening Post & Press is not paying him to use the paper as a shop window.

Maybe he's desperately hoping to impress someone at the Daily Mail, who own the BEPP, but even a paper as cretinous as the Mail will probably recognise that Mr. Stockhausen is unable to write with passion or insight on any subject and will view his so called 'balanced copy' for what it is - an abdication of his duty to his existing customers, not evidence of skillful impartiality.

The tragedy is that there are a lot of bright articulate people out there in our region who would kill to cover their local football team with a bit of passion and at the least some sort of clue about the local club. That such talent and flair for writing about the specific interests of the paying readership is not possible due to Mr. Stockhausen being the incumbent, is a crying shame.

And don't forget that Mr. Stockhausen IS very much the 'incumbent', he used to provide the odd extra piece behind journalists appointed to lead coverage of each of Bristol's clubs, but more usually writing about park football and the like. THAT is his level and given the opportunity to step up and cover City we get this misguided nonsense (and increasingly hopeless match reports).

At the end of the day if you can't see what writing about a Bristol club in a Bristol paper might entail, you are not fit to do your job and should stick to park football and fishing or whatever such insipid reporting is suited to. Bring back Simon Parkinson and send Mr. Stockhausen off to where his third-rate passionless garbage might work. Teletext maybe.

Archived