IGNORED

Robin Badge Petition (Merged)

WraxallRed

ROBIN VS THE CREST  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because all City fans use forums...

Most I know don't but other sites have also hown majorities with a different view to the stated. Plenty of lads flog robin t shirts badges stickers so it's clear there there is a market and that the club is missing out on making money.

Most I know don't but other sites have also hown majorities with a different view to the stated. Plenty of lads flog robin t shirts badges stickers so it's clear there there is a market and that the club is missing out on making money.

Polls on otib and other city sites suggest no. Crest loses the club money and has created a robin market in city pubs.

maybe the club should keep up and start making some sort of merchandise with a robin on, whether it's put on the back of the shirt or put on something like polo tees

Shirts with silly mascots on look undeniably tacky.

I would prefer if some fans made the distinction between personal symbols of nostalgia and tradition. Lets face it, the coat of arms are significantly more prevalent in our history than the cartoon robin.

mascot no nickname yes . most teams know us as the robins . we play swindon this year. are we not the robins? If not what are we ......city? well thats really original isnt it. EMBRACE THE ROBIN.EMBRACE THE NATURE OF THE ROBIN.NOBODY F@@@S WITH THE ROBIN.YOU ARE A MIGHTY ROBIN!.............tweet tweetxxx

you don't need an animal, this isnt america. we're not the Bristol Robins.

Cheltenham and Swindon also use the robin as a mascot, so if you're after originality you're looking in the wrong places.

you don't need an animal, this isnt america. we're not the Bristol Robins.

Cheltenham and Swindon also use the robin as a mascot, so if you're after originality you're looking in the wrong places.

we play swindon this year! original no, but robins we are. its not a mascot its a nickname personally i like it. beats 'the shit' doesnt it. .....confused ...me too.

Find it strange people say it's the same as BCC, Bristol Rugby club etc... It's the City of Bristol coat of arms - so of course it is. Only one rugby team in Bristol, Only one Football team in Bristol (OTIB) and we use Bristol's badge/crest, one with huge history and association with the city of Bristol.

The Robin was a 1970's marketing rebranding, and was only on our kit for a small part of the clubs history (unless you buy into the Rovers fans insistence we have only existed since 1982).

actually the majority want the robin back on the shirt - rugby club badge alone is beaten by the robin and rugby club badge and robin if you combine the categories.

I posted that when the crest had more votes, why don't we put a robin behind the neck/ shoulder blade area?

one on the home kit

one on the away kit

then every ****er is happy and we can stop this debate which keeps popping up

Or is that to simple?

Good idea.

Alternate the seasons as well , so the crest is on the home shirt one year and the robin the next. You could also have the other badge on the back between the shoulders , so both kits carry both badges.

Simples , there you go City over to you.

You mean such as clubs like Altrincham, Charlton, Cheltenham and Swindon.

Other clubs are called City so does that mean we can't be City?

Other clubs play in red so does that mean we can't play in red?

Our nickname is the robins, we're a football club & we paly in south Bristol. The robin on a ball with Cliffton bridge symbolises this in one iconic badge.

The crest represents the City of Bristol, the robin represents Bristol City

I like the crest! I have many old metal badges with a Robin on and we will always be the Robins in my eyes, however I didnt like it in th 70's and dont like it now for the shirt.

My thought stated many times is to add the Robin to the shorts and socks...There by branding them nicely for the club shop/outlets as opposed to any old pair of white shorts and red socks!

Some interesting comments on why people want the robin back from the petition online http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bristol-city-we-want-our-robin-back

Sean Takle

Every thing in the petitions description sums it up perfectly. Personal identity

lee trott

OTIB C.T.I.C

Tom Lewis

Because it defines Bristol City FC. The Suspension Bridge of South Bristol, The red on the robin's chest, for Bristol City, and the Football, obviously representing football

Jason Day

The Robin will always be Bristol city in my eys

Andy Antoniou

I would very much like to see our true heritage and symbol of our club return. BRING BACK THE ROBIN!

paul james

The Crest is for the city of Bristol the robin is for Bristol City !

Andrew Bryant

it is part of our history

Dave Fawcett

Because a robin is a major part of Bristol City so should be on the major part of our club the badge like the baggies for example

Ryan Williams

history

callum miller

ive always been a fan of the robin and i think it would be brillaint to get it back

Seamus O'Connor

We need it for when we start 'Bob Bob Bobbing again!

Andrew Ostler

Because it's iconic,lots of clubs have cresta and there very much alike.my city top with the robin on was my favourite.

steve rich

Always associated Bristol city with the robin badge

Dorothy East

The robin badge is much better

Jez McNeill

City Fan

Kelvin Blake

Bring him back or there's a terrible brewing!

Anita Pearce

The Robin will ALWAYS be Bristol City FC and never left our hearts!

claire cole

The Robin has always represented city!

Archived