IGNORED

Sack Him

Randy Marsh

Hang on, a moment. Unlike me to be the voice of reason,  1.) we cant win EVERY game 2.) We wont be brilliant EVERY game. 3. We have 3 wins in 8/9 or something, which isnt great, however IT HAS been enough to get us out of the relegation zone, on GD.

So despite the 'horrendous' performances (remember Cov ripped us a new one at the start of the season and could have had a cricket score that first half, before we came back) we are at present doing 'something'

It's something more than we did previously and MAY, just MAY be enough to keep us up.

Unless form completely collapses and we sink like a stone, then the moritorium can hold off for a lil while whilst we remain above the relegation zone!

You're back making up stuff again I see. The performance away at Cov was a shambles defensively but my god it was far better overall than last night. And the first half you talk about where Cov could've had a cricket score - SO COULD WE if Baldock had converted his chances!

I was at both games, guessing you were at 0.

You people give the mangers role too much credit, the players are shit, that's why we lose all the time.

If Wenger was boss, we would lose

If Rodgers was boss, we would lose

If Martinez was boss, we would lose

If Mouriniho was boss, we would lose

You will never win games if you can't keep it out of the net. 5 managers haven't grasped that fact.

Are you serious?

So what about the last crop of players that "weren't good enough" that are now back in the Championship and doing reasonably well? Skuse and Heaton for example?

The players, on paper, are good enough. More than good enough. The manager(s) pick the team, he changes the side every week, he picks weird formations then clearly doesn't explain how he wants to play, he puts square pegs in round holes. Simon Moore, best keeper in the league last year, yet already he's let in two goals he really should have done better with! How do we suddenly turn players to shit over night?

Remove your one track agenda for a second

We were 3-0 down at half time vs Coventry the stats at half time were 12 shots and 9 on target for Cov vs our 4 and 1. At full time 20 shots to Cov 15 on target and 10 to us and 6 on target

Baldock missed two/three chances, however a defender blocked one and their keeper made an excellent save iirc. Yet still managed to score 2 in the match!

Given we had no midfield and it was abysmal then it 'isnt making up stuff as you put it'. You are just keen to wallow in misery at the minute whilst trying to turn the knife on everyone else. It's bizarre at solves nothing.

For your evidence and to perhaps refresh your 'selective' memory start the match thread from here http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/156435-coventry-vs-city-match-thread/?p=1844552

to about http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/156435-coventry-vs-city-match-thread/?p=1844875

'Battered' 'Mullered' are words that keep cropping up throughout, because we were utter tripe, more so than last night.

Cheers

Yer, yesterday werent great, but we were a lot worse first half at their (adopted) gaff.

A little unfair to question the opinion of someone who was at the game, over a thread of posts from people who probably weren't there!

Not that I disagree with you, just that doesn't really back it up.

Just hoping that Kelly coming back can help turn things around. Its all about opinions but I was not in favour of getting rid of Sod ( not because I liked him) but just didnt think we could get anyone better, and genuinely believe he was turing the corner. SC appears to have recreated the environment where players neither know their job or are comfortable with doing it. The worrying thing for me is that the performances are plummeting fast. Genuinely hope Sc turns things around and ends up a better manager than Dicks.

Remove your one track agenda for a second

We were 3-0 down at half time vs Coventry the stats at half time were 12 shots and 9 on target for Cov vs our 4 and 1. At full time 20 shots to Cov 15 on target and 10 to us and 6 on target

Baldock missed two/three chances, however a defender blocked one and their keeper made an excellent save iirc. Yet still managed to score 2 in the match!

Given we had no midfield and it was abysmal then it 'isnt making up stuff as you put it'. You are just keen to wallow in misery at the minute whilst trying to turn the knife on everyone else. It's bizarre at solves nothing.

For your evidence and to perhaps refresh your 'selective' memory start the match thread from here http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/156435-coventry-vs-city-match-thread/?p=1844552

to about http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/156435-coventry-vs-city-match-thread/?p=1844875

'Battered' 'Mullered' are words that keep cropping up throughout, because we were utter tripe, more so than last night.

Cheers

Yer, yesterday werent great, but we were a lot worse first half at their (adopted) gaff.

Absolutely laughable. I give up. You're the oracle. :facepalm:

Just hoping that Kelly coming back can help turn things around. Its all about opinions but I was not in favour of getting rid of Sod ( not because I liked him) but just didnt think we could get anyone better, and genuinely believe he was turing the corner. SC appears to have recreated the environment where players neither know their job or are comfortable with doing it. The worrying thing for me is that the performances are plummeting fast. Genuinely hope Sc turns things around and ends up a better manager than Dicks.

The award for straw clutcher of the week goes to..,

:facepalm:

There's been a difficult run of games recently. Wolves, Watford, Bradford and Brentford away. Mk dons, Carlisle and Coventry at home. That's a tricky run of games. The next four games are crucial an I will judge more after these matches. Oldham, Orient, Tranmere and Sheffield utd. 3 of 4 are winnable. Time will tell.

The team is dysfunctional. The team is being out played home and away in every department. The opposition have more energy and enthusiasm than City every week. The team in a recent game at Brentford quit.

Mr Cotterills contract should be months now not years.

Reality check.

They got played off the park by a side at home on a 16 game unbeaten run.

The sides around us we need to beat, which in recent weeks we have been

Reality check.

They got played off the park by a side at home on a 16 game unbeaten run.

The sides around us we need to beat, which in recent weeks we have been

Reality check. The team was not only played off the park it gave up. Kudos to the Managers ability to motivate them there.

The level of performance of the team now is flat lining at very poor.

The team is starting to look like a disorganised rabble despite the Manager bringing in his own experienced pros who he plays out of position, or ditches after forty five minutes.

Ra ra Cotterill.

Reality check. The team was not only played off the park it gave up. Kudos to the Managers ability to motivate them there.

The level of performance of the team now is flat lining at very poor.

The team is starting to look like a disorganised rabble despite the Manager bringing in his own experienced pros who he plays out of position, or ditches after forty five minutes.

Ra ra Cotterill.

It's a club, shot of any confidence from top to bottom. The next 4 games will give us a clearer view in my opinion

Our NEW manager has been in charge for 2 months now. He took on a team dead bottom of the league, with many fans given up, crowds plumeting and looking certain for the drop. He was appointed without any fan enthusiam and a very vocal few who are wanting him to be sacked from day one and who's minds are not for changing.

This does not seem like an easy task, But despite the fans not really backing him and some fans fully unbacking him, hes managed to drag us out of the relagation places, if only on goal difference. Since hes been here we've Won 3, Drawn 3 and lost 4 with 2 of those losses suprisingly coming away at the top 2 in the league.

Its funny how SOD is still being backed now when Cotterils win record this season is already better. Laughable. You've been brainwashed, seek help and move on.

Our NEW manager has been in charge for 2 months now. He took on a team dead bottom of the league, with many fans given up, crowds plumeting and looking certain for the drop. He was appointed without any fan enthusiam and a very vocal few who are wanting him to be sacked from day one and who's minds are not for changing.

This does not seem like an easy task, But despite the fans not really backing him and some fans fully unbacking him, hes managed to drag us out of the relagation places, if only on goal difference. Since hes been here we've Won 3, Drawn 3 and lost 4 with 2 of those losses suprisingly coming away at the top 2 in the league.

Its funny how SOD is still being backed now when Cotterils win record this season is already better. Laughable. You've been brainwashed, seek help and move on.

I don't believe the issue is with the present or former manager but the fact the board sold us a perfectly logical plan for the future which involved giving the manager time for one and are seen to have done a complete U turn in our club management which reeks of panic and amateurism.

We fear for the very future of the club after we appear to be reproducing the mistakes of the past that were and remain unsustainable and damaging.

Our NEW manager has been in charge for 2 months now. He took on a team dead bottom of the league, with many fans given up, crowds plumeting and looking certain for the drop. He was appointed without any fan enthusiam and a very vocal few who are wanting him to be sacked from day one and who's minds are not for changing.

Its funny how SOD is still being backed now when Cotterils win record this season is already better. Laughable. You've been brainwashed, seek help and move on.

An excellent perspective. I think everyone needs to calm down. The games he's lost have been Cov Wolves Rotherham Brentford, all challengers for promotion and playoff (scoring against all of them)

We've beaten or drawn all other other teams in and around us since he's come in, scoring in every game.

However we have 1 clean sheet - which he's at least attempted to remedy with Moore and ElAbd but that hasn't quite clicked yet unfortunately.

Massive over reactions going on here.

Our NEW manager has been in charge for 2 months now. He took on a team dead bottom of the league, with many fans given up, crowds plumeting and looking certain for the drop. He was appointed without any fan enthusiam and a very vocal few who are wanting him to be sacked from day one and who's minds are not for changing.

The water lately is a bit choppier than it should be. Mr Cotterill is paddling through it with a fork. He is making it easy right now for fans to not warm to him and for others to sway. However you want to call it ... City under Cotterill right now are crap.

The water lately is a bit choppier than it should be. Mr Cotterill is paddling through it with a fork. He is making it easy right now for fans to not warm to him and for others to sway. However you want to call it ... City under Cotterill right now are crap.

But City under Cotterill 2 weeks ago were good. Footballs a funny old game.

But City under Cotterill 2 weeks ago were good. Footballs ;a funny old game.

You have different eyes to mine unless mediocre is the new good. I'm buying the tickets and taking the ride and what I am seeing is "What's happening here? What's going on? What's he doing over there? Yes they are losing again!" It is crap City.

You have different eyes to mine unless mediocre is the new good. I'm buying the tickets and taking the ride and what I am seeing is "What's happening here? What's going on? What's he doing over there? Yes they are losing again!" It is crap City.

Lets not forget we are in league 1. I really enjoyed the MK game and thought we played well, Stevenage game before that we made look very easy. The Wolves game I thought we played well, but were beat by a much stronger team. I dont think any of those performances were mediocre unless your forgetting that we are down the bottom of the league.

Lets not forget we are in league 1. I really enjoyed the MK game and thought we played well, Stevenage game before that we made look very easy. The Wolves game I thought we played well, but were beat by a much stronger team. I dont think any of those performances were mediocre unless your forgetting that we are down the bottom of the league.

Stevenage could have been 5-5. Parks football.

Wolves .. Lost and mediocre

Brentford ... Crap.

Carlisle ... Crap.

Coventry ... Crap.

El Abd/Wade Elliott ... Err

Heading to the time where I would think is this "OUTSTANDING CANDIDATE" outstanding enough to be let loose further. Emporers new clothes at this point.

Enough posting now all sounds like big trouble.

It was more of a question really.  I am not sure if we are or not.

One of the factors of any football clubs that will always be there are the supporters.  Well some anyway, I know many who walked away years ago. 

Measured thought processes mean thinking about something prior to speaking.  I do not see much of that on here.  In fact I would say that  its the total opposite.  This forum reads to me at times reads like a place to come and vent anger and frustrations over anything regarding the club   

So after a few months in charged the sack him calls have started.  I am not sure of the age of the posters here, but it sounds like something an upset 15 year old would say. 

This forum use to make for an excellent read post match.  Sadly those posters seem to not post here anymore.  Mind you I am talking about 12 years ago or so. 

"This forum use to make for an excellent read post match.  Sadly those posters seem to not post here anymore.  Mind you I am talking about 12 years ago or so."

It was so much better then wasn't it?

You could leave your front door open without being burgled, women couldn't wear trousers and kids could play in the streets all night.

Ahhhhhh, the good old days...

That was my understanding of what happened as well.

50 applications?

Club disinformation at best, Complete BS at worst I'm afraid.

The interview "process" (or lack of) in this appointment was the main thing that annoyed me.

If they had gone through as many applications as possible and found SC to be the best candidate then so be it. I do not believe this was the case at all.

Unless you have the once in a lifetime opportunity to appoint a world class manager (Mourinho, Wenger, SAF), which is never going to happen, it is only logical you go through a thorough and careful interview process which we failed to do or so it seems!

Couldn't get my head around that from the club

Stevenage could have been 5-5. Parks football.

Wolves .. Lost and mediocre

Brentford ... Crap.

Carlisle ... Crap.

Coventry ... Crap.

El Abd/Wade Elliott ... Err

Heading to the time where I would think is this "OUTSTANDING CANDIDATE" outstanding enough to be let loose further. Emporers new clothes at this point.

Enough posting now all sounds like big trouble.

have to agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

I was at both Coventry games. We played much better at their place when they had some decent strikers as well. Last night was just plain awful for over an hour before finally we had a go.

As for sacking SC - I would never have appointed him but you can't go sacking someone so soon even if he is a terrible manager. You never know, he might turn it around...

Archived