IGNORED

Sack Him

Randy Marsh

I have supported this club for over forty years.  During that time I have seen some poor performances as well as some great.  Because I now live in Kent I am restricted to seeing games near home and have recently travelled to Watford and Brentford.  In both games the first half performances were dreadul and the second halfs not much better.  I now must decide whether or not to spend my meagre pension on going to Orient next week.  Guess what?  I think I will go to the cinema instead.

I had mixed feelings re. SOD but would have given him a little more time as I felt performances were improving.

When SC was appointed I was horrified.  In my business days, if interviewing someone I looked for intelligence.  So, how on earth did the board appoint SC?  It is blindingly obvious that the man does not have the brains of a rocking horse.  He is thick, thick, THICK!

What to do now?  I really don't know.  I despair.

The interview "process" (or lack of) in this appointment was the main thing that annoyed me.

If they had gone through as many applications as possible and found SC to be the best candidate then so be it. I do not believe this was the case at all.

Unless you have the once in a lifetime opportunity to appoint a world class manager (Mourinho, Wenger, SAF), which is never going to happen, it is only logical you go through a thorough and careful interview process which we failed to do or so it seems!

Couldn't get my head around that from the club

I think the board lost their nerve.

They should have stuck with SOD (results and performances WERE improving) but bottled it and took a punt on SC.

There was no application process, no due diligence and no long term planning.

The hit the panic button and called firefighter Steve, who pumped some fists, waved his arms and applied plenty of wet look superhold hair gel.

So...

A weak board and seemingly clueless manager and here we are!

I have supported this club for over forty years.  During that time I have seen some poor performances as well as some great.  Because I now live in Kent I am restricted to seeing games near home and have recently travelled to Watford and Brentford.  In both games the first half performances were dreadul and the second halfs not much better.  I now must decide whether or not to spend my meagre pension on going to Orient next week.  Guess what?  I think I will go to the cinema instead.

I had mixed feelings re. SOD but would have given him a little more time as I felt performances were improving.

When SC was appointed I was horrified.  In my business days, if interviewing someone I looked for intelligence.  So, how on earth did the board appoint SC?  It is blindingly obvious that the man does not have the brains of a rocking horse.  He is thick, thick, THICK!

What to do now?  I really don't know.  I despair.

Watford first half was good? 2nd we got outplayed.

What I am trying to comprehend from afar is that according to many we seemed to be doing ok, playing some good stuff, keeping the ball largely out of the net and picking up points. Then, as far as I can tell, he brings El Abd in and it goes to pot. Then, because of Osbornes injury, he says, we amend the back 4 to a 3 and it becomes a tad more shakey still.

I ask the following question therefore; was he playing a back line of 3 before El Abd came in? It's a bit of a trick question... Think about it.

"This forum use to make for an excellent read post match. Sadly those posters seem to not post here anymore. Mind you I am talking about 12 years ago or so."

It was so much better then wasn't it?

You could leave your front door open without being burgled, women couldn't wear trousers and kids could play in the streets all night.

Ahhhhhh, the good old days...

At least you can still walk your dog or ice skate home after tipping your rubbish at Ashton Vale !

I can't believe people are saying to sack Cotterill already!?! I thought it was a joke thread at first, until I went through a whole page of people agreeing with the OP! He hasn't even been give a significant chance to do well and he's been landed with SOD's team and January is never the best transfer market to try and turn your team around as teams aren't as willing to get rid in January, as well as their being a lack of time. Granted bringing in El Abd hasn't worked out but Cotterill has got us out the relegation zone and if we stay up then he has a whole Summer to make his own team and try and get his own regime going. 

So we can't sack him without him having been given a chance.

I just think he has come into a difficult situation in which the team is almost at rock bottom so it would always be difficult to get it going, therefore he needs time to prove himself next season, when he can get his own regime going. Sacking a manager after a matter of a couple of months is not going to help anything, in fact it would probably put us in more of a mess than before, especially seeing as there isn't much else out there in terms of managers who would come to City.

Totally agree. That was the "losing strategy" I referred to. The Usual Suspects are already sharpening their knives for Cotterill.

I think the board lost their nerve.

They should have stuck with SOD (results and performances WERE improving) but bottled it and took a punt on SC.

There was no application process, no due diligence and no long term planning.

The hit the panic button and called firefighter Steve, who pumped some fists, waved his arms and applied plenty of wet look superhold hair gel.

So...

A weak board and seemingly clueless manager and here we are!

All the managers that the board have appointed under the Lansdown era can't all have been bad managers. The best of the bunch was Gary Johnson but he'd run out of ideas and I actually think that Keith Millen was doing a good job when he took over from Gary Johnson. A pity the board didn't give Millen the money for players but the board invested in Steve Coppell instead and that was the start of the rot.

No point blaming SC or SOD for this, you need to blame the incompetent gutless board for where we are and their failure to implement and see through a strategy.

How on earth do you go from SOD to SC? What is the thinking behind that?

Bizarre and stupid decisions from the top.

No point blaming SC or SOD for this, you need to blame the incompetent gutless board for where we are and their failure to implement and see through a strategy.

How on earth do you go from SOD to SC? What is the thinking behind that?

Bizarre and stupid decisions from the top.

....if I was Chairman I'd have hit the panic button and brought back big Joe Jordan as manager - for the third time - to have a go at turning the club around.

Vote UKIP eh?  Nuff said..

Not that I want to steer the thread into a political debate, but what is wrong with voting UKIP?

Since there is no other alternative to the main three political parties who are all corrupt and have no clue how to represent the common british person, UKIP will be a popular choice at the upcoming european elections.

....if I was Chairman I'd have hit the panic button and brought back big Joe Jordan as manager - for the third time - to have a go at turning the club around.

Only one man for me can sort this mess out and hes currently just down the road in Yeovil!!

Not that I want to steer the thread into a political debate, but what is wrong with voting UKIP?

Since there is no other alternative to the main three political parties who are all corrupt and have no clue how to represent the common british person, UKIP will be a popular choice at the upcoming european elections.

There's a thread about this in Non-football, where it belongs.

Only one man for me can sort this mess out and hes currently just down the road in Yeovil!!

Gary Johnson is easily capable of getting us back to the Championship but things were getting pretty stale under the latter part of his tenure - no cup runs and he was continually playing his lad in central midfield when there were better players available. The 0-6 defeat to the Cardiff sheep shaggers totally wiped my faith in Gary Johnson.

Not that I want to steer the thread into a political debate, but what is wrong with voting UKIP

Is this a serious question?

Well, a Lib-Lab-Con vote will see England subjugated even further under the EU Continental jackboot.......that would be Hitler's and Napoleon's dream come true. I'll be voting UKIP to send a clear message to the Lib-Lab-Con EU loving traitors and their sponsors at the BBC EU propaganda news and views agency. :P

Well, a Lib-Lab-Con vote will see England subjugated even further under the EU Continental jackboot.......that would be Hitler's and Napoleon's dream come true. I'll be voting UKIP to send a clear message to the Lib-Lab-Con EU loving traitors and their sponsors at the BBC EU propaganda news and views agency. :P

There's a thread about this in Non-football, where it belongs. USE IT!

Yes. Next question?

Next question? Do you think that abusing the manager is likely to help?

Do you think, indeed, it is warranted?

Another one, just to clarify, you think saying "not very clever" is worse than " rocking horse brains and thick, thick, thick"??

The manager is working hard to turn things around, there is undeniable improvement, and yet so many slag the manager and players off as though they were fighting against us.

Staggering enough on its own, but the sort of comment I replied to is out of order, embarrassing, and deserving of my response.

Another one, just to clarify, you think saying "not very clever" is worse than " rocking horse brains and thick, thick, thick"??

The manager is working hard to turn things around, there is undeniable improvement, and yet so many slag the manager and players off as though they were fighting against us.

Staggering enough on its own, but the sort of comment I replied to is out of order, embarrassing, and deserving of my response.

Personal abuse of another poster is NEVER acceptable, regardless of your differing opinions. As it happens, I agree with you about Cotterill, but that doesn't excuse your despicable post.

PS I've reported it to the moderators.

No it was not it was harmless! A guy saying that he might not go to Orient next week!....Hang your head you shameful little bully!

That's the bit I was replying to. Unlike the above my reply wasn't abuse, and unlike the above it wasn't bullying, so if the moderators want to ban me, great.

Archived