IGNORED

Sack Him

Randy Marsh

Thees got to love some of comments made on here by the experts/mystic Megs, bless em all, but of course it's not 'good form' to bring up the past on OTIB, apparently.

Sadly though give it a bad run and i'm sure the 'look, I was right brigade' will re-surface like one or two did after any of our 5 league defeats and even the 12 draws.

Thees got to love some of comments made on here by the experts/mystic Megs, bless em all, but of course it's not 'good form' to bring up the past on OTIB, apparently.

Sadly though give it a bad run and i'm sure the 'look, I was right brigade' will re-surface like one or two did after any of our 5 league defeats and even the 12 draws.

I'm not one to enjoy these sorts of re-posts, but that above one from SimplyRed did tickle me. 

''''I can't believe people are saying to sack Cotterill already!?! I thought it was a joke thread at first, until I went through a whole page of people agreeing with the OP! He hasn't even been give a significant chance to do well and he's been landed with SOD's team plus January is never the best transfer market to try and turn your team around as teams aren't as willing to get rid in January, as well as there being a lack of time. Granted bringing in El Abd hasn't worked out but Cotterill has got us out the relegation zone and if we stay up then he has a whole Summer to make his own team and try and get his own regime going.''''

I'm quite proud to say I went against the crowd and stood up for Cotterill back when the thread was started. Intersting to read the comments after mine that tried to shoot me down!

I'm not one to enjoy these sorts of re-posts, but that above one from SimplyRed did tickle me. 

The real problem is it is nearly always the same people who form a 'definitive' opinion before a ball is kicked or a run of matches is completed, whether it be a player or manager, me I haven't been over enamoured by the past 5 managers and various players upon their appointment/signing but always adopted a give them a chance attitude because I want BCFC to win whoever the manager/team is.

''''I can't believe people are saying to sack Cotterill already!?! I thought it was a joke thread at first, until I went through a whole page of people agreeing with the OP! He hasn't even been give a significant chance to do well and he's been landed with SOD's team plus January is never the best transfer market to try and turn your team around as teams aren't as willing to get rid in January, as well as there being a lack of time. Granted bringing in El Abd hasn't worked out but Cotterill has got us out the relegation zone and if we stay up then he has a whole Summer to make his own team and try and get his own regime going.''''

I'm quite proud to say I went against the crowd and stood up for Cotterill back when the thread was started. Intersting to read the comments after mine that tried to shoot me down!

Your medal's in the post .

Now let's have a collection for a statue .

Do you really have such a low self esteem that you have to come on here demanding plaudits ?

To be fair Randy we'd never win anything playing a 3-5-2 formation......

What a brilliant thread! haha.

We wouldn't have done either with that line up in a 3-5-2. Didn't even have a RWB back then did we? I've managed to surpress all of last season bar the final when the Gas went. Its my own personal Vietnam.

Than **** this all sorted itself out.

This is probably a thread made in jest, but we all knew this was going to happen. Two of the most dreadful games of football I've ever seen (and that's saying something as a City fan) have ocurred over the last two games.

Sacking O'Driscoll was stupid enough, but to replace him with Cotterill was a new level of stupidity, as many people said at the time. Knowing our luck, this will be the manager the board finally decide to back for the long-term, despite sacking better managers without giving them the time to build their own team, philosophy - despite the board promising they would back them beforehand.

Is this a good time to say it was someone else on my account...

:facepalm:

Well, I can claim the moral high ground on this one, quick scan through - and not one comment from me on sacking SC

To be honest, I really can't remember the first 2 or 3 months of his reign, who we played etc....I must have given up completely at that point

At some point one of the threads from this season will get rehashed, and we'll all look like brain washed zombies again

If football made sense it would be boring, just goes to show how wrong people can be

Your medal's in the post .

Now let's have a collection for a statue .

Do you really have such a low self esteem that you have to come on here demanding plaudits ?

Blimey, you're a cheery fella aren't you?!

When did I ever demand plaudits? Although if you want to give me a medal and a statue I'm not complaining. Just plonk it nicely at the Atyeo main entrance please. Much appreciated.

Well, I can claim the moral high ground on this one, quick scan through - and not one comment from me on sacking SC

To be honest, I really can't remember the first 2 or 3 months of his reign, who we played etc....I must have given up completely at that point

At some point one of the threads from this season will get rehashed, and we'll all look like brain washed zombies again

If football made sense it would be boring, just goes to show how wrong people can be

His first three months was pretty poor but he turned it around in quite spectacular fashion...

It seems petty either way to drag threads from 15 months ago

His first three months was pretty poor but he turned it around in quite spectacular fashion...

17 points from 14 games is better than 14 points from 18 games, so from piss poor to pretty poor is an achievement I would say.

PS:- and if replicated next season would represent safety.

Of course they were. He inherited a side totally devoid of confidence, not exactly rammed with ability and a squad with a large minority of players happy to pick up the money for the rest of the season.

I have nothing to apologise for ... At least not on this thread.

in digging up such threads, however, we should not be pointing the finger at anyone but rather celebrating the fact we live in one of the most free and open societies on the planet where debate and opinion add to the richness of our society. It is what makes us particularly deferential and, especially in the case of the English, with a deep rooted sense of humour and fair play. How else would the English have put up with the back stabbing and sometimes relentless and childish jokes of the celtic minority?!!

We can only look back at these remarks now and have a right good laugh preferably with a nice warm pint of local ale.

I think what u would say we have all learnt from this, the wilbraham, and Matt smith threads is that despite watching a lot of football - we don't really know football.

It's what I say every time: "Let's see how he does before we judge."

Undue credence was given on this board to the opinions of a small handful of Forest fans with delusions of grandeur.

Not many members on here have a reputation with me personally, though SimplyRed seems quite a 'tool' more often than not.

Loves a negative mindset. Pretty lame ethos :)

Archived