IGNORED

Bid For Baldock [Merged]

Hartcliffe red

Sky sports reporter:

@SkySportsPeteO: Bristol City have rejected a bid from Brighton for Sam Baldock. #bcfc #bhafc

God I hope hew doesn't go but it'll get to a point where we won't be able to turn it down.

With him we have a real chance.

Depends if Sam has made noises about not signing a new deal.

Has there been any official news of him being offered a new deal? I can't remember seeing any, if he has and still isn't interested in signing I don't see why we shouldn't listen to bids of around 1.5 mill for him, better than him going for less than half of that in January! Or free at the end

I'm due to pick up my new ST on Monday (thanks Wendy!) but I'll be seriously p***** orf if we're

considering selling Sam, unless of course, he wants to go. Can't stand in the way of a player

that wants to move on.

Griggs is in no way a replacement for the leagues top scorer.

Whilst every player has his price,  I'd be hopeful that we'd hold out for an exemplary figure.

One that would finance two or three (more) superb signings.

Don't go Sam.

Absent from the starting line up but he was still there today.....

Desperately want him to stay. Would be a huge blow if he were to leave. I had my doubts about him big time before SC came in but I can't see us signing anyone better should he leave.

City really need to keep hold of Sam there's no point in investing in the team as we have done if we are going to sell are best players

That's why I think he'll stay. He knows we're going for it.

That's why I think he'll stay. He knows we're going for it.

Yeah, this.

There is serious intent in the signings we've made; SC has been given licence to build something here, and Baldock is a smart fella, so think he'll stick not twist, for now at least.

Sounds crazy but Brighton are not in the best financial position atm. There was a big article when they were in the playoffs last season, saying how they spent a hell of a lot of money on the assumption they would go up and it obviously backfired. I can't see them throwing money for the sake of it.

Sounds crazy but Brighton are not in the best financial position atm. There was a big article when they were in the playoffs last season, saying how they spent a hell of a lot of money on the assumption they would go up and it obviously backfired. I can't see them throwing money for the sake of it.

Tbh I thought Hyppia would be looking at foreign players.

Archived