IGNORED

Bid For Baldock [Merged]

Hartcliffe red

Okay who thinks he is on 12K at City ????? 

There are many players in the prem, not on 12K a week, and most of the Championship don't even earn that ! I would be amazed if he was on any more than 5 or 6K a week.

Anything under 2m and I would ask him to see out his contract here, unless he really wants to leave, but anything over 2m would be sensible to sell, as a suitable replacement could be found within half of that money realistically.

Yeahhhhhhhh, cos we all believe anything you say Pinocchio.

I'm fed up of getting frustrated with players showing no loyalty.

Do you know what? If Sam wants to leave then Fair play. He's done a good job and if he wants the most lucrative deal he can get the I cannot blame him. I'd do the same.

So if they offer 2m and he wants to go, I say take it.

Any less and the gamble is on.

Spot on. I would suggest to that Baldock staying would be top of the list as a reason for Freeman, Little, Elliot & Smith coming to the club and JET hanging around.

It played a part Wilbraham's case perhaps, but as for the others very much doubt it was a factor at all.

Cotterill, the potential of Bristol City football club, plus decent wages, are the reasons those players signed.

To say Baldock staying was the main reason for new players signing is bordering on the ridiculous - they will be well aware that players move on all the time, and that if he goes he will be replaced by the same sort of quality player City have already shown they are able to attract.

My two pence worth is that Baldock is our captain and has said he wants to stay (allegedly, to a fan).

I thought when asked if he was staying at City he said, 'looks like it, yeah'.

A fairly meaningless reply, and hardly committing his future to the club.

did he reject you when you put your weird advances on him! Just like some blokes call women lesbians just because they wouldn't sleep with them!

Let it lie HGC ,Corleone is to WUM what the Wales national team is to the World Cup.

He's as subtle as a breeze block falling off scaffolding and just as intelligent .

I thought when asked if he was staying at City he said, 'looks like it, yeah'.

A fairly meaningless reply, and hardly committing his future to the club.

I agree. If the above is true about Ulloa going for that much then we ought to start looking (if we haven't) at potential replacements already, as I've said previously that Winnall from scunny would be a good shout.

I agree. If the above is true about Ulloa going for that much then we ought to start looking (if we haven't) at potential replacements already, as I've said previously that Winnall from scunny would be a good shout.

Winnall certainly had a good season CR, and could well be an option.

Baldock's obviously a very good striker at this level, but I'm not overly concerned if he moves on.

I don't think for one moment that Baldock's departure would come as a great shock to Cotterill, or his plans for the season.

He wil have replacements in mind, and, judging by the signings so far, we've every reason to believe we'd end up with a good one.

Winnall certainly had a good season CR, and could well be an option.

Baldock's obviously a very good striker at this level, but I'm not overly concerned if he moves on.

I don't think for one moment that Baldock's departure would come as a great shock to Cotterill, or his plans for the season.

He wil have replacements in mind, and, judging by the signings so far, we've every reason to believe we'd end up with a good one.

I think Cotts would be gutted if Baldock left. He made him captain and his goals in the latter part of last season were a massive reason why we stayed up and I don't believe we would  be able to attract a forward of his quality to play in this division. If we are to challenge for promotion this season he has to stay regardless whether he agrees to sign an extension to his contract or not.    

Archived