IGNORED

Bid For Baldock [Merged]

Hartcliffe red

Okay who thinks he is on 12K at City ????? 

There are many players in the prem, not on 12K a week, and most of the Championship don't even earn that ! I would be amazed if he was on any more than 5 or 6K a week.

Anything under 2m and I would ask him to see out his contract here, unless he really wants to leave, but anything over 2m would be sensible to sell, as a suitable replacement could be found within half of that money realistically.

Best offer him a new contract now then, 15k a week to stay. Some players are worth the money and he is definitely one of them for us.

If we dont get promoted this season then look to sell but 15k a week if he scores the goals to get us promoted would be worrh the money!

Formerly known as Portsmouth Chairman

Best offer him a new contract now then, 15k a week to stay. Some players are worth the money and he is definitely one of them for us.

If we dont get promoted this season then look to sell but 15k a week if he scores the goals to get us promoted would be worrh the money!

And if we don't get promoted, who in their right mind, will want to buy him knowing he would have 1-2 years still at 15K a week !! No club would pay that.

Thank God you're not the Chairman.

Apparently, he's on 7k a week. I'd be asking 5 million for him. We do not need to sell.

We don't need to sell, you're are correct, but unless he wants to sign an extension by January 31st, any club can approach him and he can leave July 1st for free and we don't get any compensation as he is over 24.

We're not a big club and we are not in a healthy financial situation, we are still in debt and heavily and I think too many fans take for granted that we are owned by a very wealthy individual.

This is still a business and we would probably get 2m max now, and any more than that should be accepted for business reasons, in January unless he has signed a new contract, the offers wouldn't be a million, as effectively from February someone can secure his services from next season for free.

If he is to go let's get it done in the next week, don't want to be getting near to the start of the season and our main goal scorer leaving.

With the signings made already it's clear we are aiming for promotion, if Baldock is to leave we need to be replacing him with someone who we know will score goals at this level.

An irreplaceable force at this level, especially with less than 5 weeks to go until we get the season underway.

Ultimately it will be down to SB whether or not he wants to move. I'd say he's worth more to us than any sum a club will be willing to pay for a striker with 12 months left on his contract, personally, we are lucky to be in a position where we don't need to sell our best players

BUT, I get the impression that Baldock is very happy and settled here, so who knows. He's always struck me as one of the more intelligent footballers, and if he genuinely believes in Cotterill and his vision for the next couple of years, he may be expecting Championship football with us next season. It's hard to look at what SC is doing in pre season and not be optimistic about where we are aiming for this season.

Right deep breath.......

I know this is what happens in football - especially in the lower leagues, but it ain't half frustrating when this happens. If this rumour is true, this will take weeks and weeks to sort out (visions of a Maynard part 2 scenario) and there will be countless threads on it, with the usual lot on here saying all kinds of crap from people in the know. The atmosphere on here will go down faster than this mysterious girl in Magaluf with everyone slating everyone but the ending is always the same. He'll go from a City legend to just another example of how there is no loyalty in football and agents are a disgrace to this sport.

It will distract pre season preparations and the team gelling together and lets face it, it'll be years before we find another Striker of his quality. It's sooo frustrating sometimes to be a City fan.

Why do we let ourselves get in to this position? After last season why didn't we offer him a new deal as soon as the last game finished given the season he'd had? Or even offer one before the end? I know this may be the case behind the scenes and i know we'd never hear about it whilst talks are ongoing but if they have happened and he hasn't signed yet, it is a little worrying that it hasnt wanted to - especially when you look at the proactive, quality signings we've made so far.

I hate Sunday mornings.

An irreplaceable force at this level, especially with less than 5 weeks to go until we get the season underway.

Ultimately it will be down to SB whether or not he wants to move. I'd say he's worth more to us than any sum a club will be willing to pay for a striker with 12 months left on his contract, personally, we are lucky to be in a position where we don't need to sell our best players

BUT, I get the impression that Baldock is very happy and settled here, so who knows. He's always struck me as one of the more intelligent footballers, and if he genuinely believes in Cotterill and his vision for the next couple of years, he may be expecting Championship football with us next season. It's hard to look at what SC is doing in pre season and not be optimistic about where we are aiming for this season.

Spot on. I would suggest to that Baldock staying would be top of the list as a reason for Freeman, Little, Elliot & Smith coming to the club and JET hanging around.

Spot on. I would suggest to that Baldock staying would be top of the list as a reason for Freeman, Little, Elliot & Smith coming to the club and JET hanging around.

Indeed, already at least two new arrivals have suggested it being an influence.

Mark Little said something about being glad he was playing with Baldock this season not against him, and Wilbrahim mentioned about how he'd had a good partnership with Baldock before and that they were good friends.

Everything that comes out of the club these days is scrutinised internally you would think, so I can't imagine those sound bites going out if the club were expecting a battle to keep him.

As I said, you would think a club isn't going to come in with a ridiculous offer for a player with a year left on his contract. Therefore I (and you would hope the club) think that the risk of losing him for nothing in the summer is a risk worth taking. If he gets 20+ goals again this season, it could well be the difference between promotion and not, so I would argue that he is worth more to us for the upcoming season than any sensible bid that a club would be willing to table at this point in his contract.

And to be honest, could you blame Baldock for waiting until the end of this season before committing to a new deal? I personally think (hope) he will stay with us this season, and potentially sign a new contract if we are promoted.

Right deep breath.......

I know this is what happens in football - especially in the lower leagues, but it ain't half frustrating when this happens. If this rumour is true, this will take weeks and weeks to sort out (visions of a Maynard part 2 scenario) and there will be countless threads on it, with the usual lot on here saying all kinds of crap from people in the know. The atmosphere on here will go down faster than this mysterious girl in Magaluf with everyone slating everyone but the ending is always the same. He'll go from a City legend to just another example of how there is no loyalty in football and agents are a disgrace to this sport.

It will distract pre season preparations and the team gelling together and lets face it, it'll be years before we find another Striker of his quality. It's sooo frustrating sometimes to be a City fan.

Why do we let ourselves get in to this position? After last season why didn't we offer him a new deal as soon as the last game finished given the season he'd had? Or even offer one before the end? I know this may be the case behind the scenes and i know we'd never hear about it whilst talks are ongoing but if they have happened and he hasn't signed yet, it is a little worrying that it hasnt wanted to - especially when you look at the proactive, quality signings we've made so far.

I hate Sunday mornings.

It's also possible that he's been offered a contract and wanted to see clear intent that we're going for it and that the announcement is due any day (fingers crossed)

damn it, a week too late, the goal machine J-J the tool who should be playing at a higher level has already signed for the Cobblers

No thanks, a drugged up looking, overrated, former Horse puncher who is not fit to lace Bas Savages boots. Harsh but fair I think  :yes:

Corleone I'm guessing you must mean 1 mil. My two pence worth is that Baldock is our captain and has said he wants to stay (allegedly, to a fan). However from what I have read we offered him and Jet new deals and neither have signed, take from that what you will. I would say a bid of 1.2 mil would be accepted, then we can go out and buy another striker of similar quality, Baldock is decent at this level, but we created A LOT of chances for him last season. With him being top scorer of course he will attract interest from bigger clubs (or clubs at a higher level) but he is not irreplaceable, who was league 2's top scorer last year? And as for Baldock being on 10k a week, I highly doubt it, he might have signed on that but would have taken a significant wage decrease on relegation, 5-6k tops I would have thought.

Archived