IGNORED

The Meccano Has Arrived!

PhilC

Completely random question for Shedman, did you watch City before this season?

Yes mate watched since late 80's played for junior reds and was lucky enough to be a ballboy for a couple of seasons.

Had a bit of time out for uni and played Thugby for a little bit... You do seem a little sceptical tho me ole fruit

Ironically the rumour was they owned all of them in the mid/late 60s but sold them off. I don't know if that's true or just a story that's been passed on down the years.What I will say is there isn't the same limitation on building a taller stand at the Atyeo end as once was..

Can you elaborate? Why aren't there the same limitations as in previous years? Has the law changed in regard to blocking sunlight or something?

Does Horace drive it?    I am jealous, the problem is I live in a 3rd floor apartment thats why I only have a N gauge layout.   I have Isambard Kingdom Brunel a class 47 diesel,  also Britannia and the usual HST set all running in 4 feet x  2 feet,  very compact.

No, but he has been known to ride in on it ;) I remember the IKB class 47 and also the IKB Castle.

I also have an indoor 16mm scale line 4'3" by 2'9" with 14" curves!

What about compulsory purchase orders? I'm sure Liverpool are wiping out a couple of streets at Anfield and have used CPO's to get the houses.

Yeah. Same happened with Tottenham. However, in both cases the areas are relatively poor. Furthermore in both cases the clubs bought premises and then let them fall into disrepair thus encouraging others to move out and ultimately helping their cause for redevelopment with the council.

I'm sure someone mentioned that the 'right to light' law no longer exists

Edit see here ref 2010 ruling http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_light

The "Right to Light" law doesn't exit for new properties but it still applies to those that have already qualified - i e the houses behind the Atyeo.

What about compulsory purchase orders? I'm sure Liverpool are wiping out a couple of streets at Anfield and have used CPO's to get the houses.

They ended up not using CPO's. The the club or council owned most of them and gave them to LFC in return for LFC helping with the regeneration of the area. The threat of CPOs got the last couple of houses bought without the need to go to court.

However the centenary stand that was build in the 90's was held up by one lady for 3-4 years.

The area around Anfield has been a tinned up basket case for years. Which the club were mainly responsible for. What they did under previous owners was pretty disgusting to the area.

The houses on Ashton Road are still in good nick. Any CPOs could take years.

IF City ever redevelop the Atyeo end I don't believe it would need an entirely new stand. The existing stand is fairly modern and has decent leg room. All that would be required is a second tier built behind it. If access could be maintained, the Atyeo could possibly continue to be used whilst some of the building work on the second tier took place.

IF City ever redevelop the Atyeo end I don't believe it would need an entirely new stand. The existing stand is fairly modern and has decent leg room. All that would be required is a second tier built behind it. If access could be maintained, the Atyeo could possibly continue to be used whilst some of the building work on the second tier took place.

Thats assuming that the current Atyeo was built with the option to add a second tier.. If it was designed as soley a one tiered stand i dont think its as easy as just adding a second tier on top...

The new Stan Cullis stand at Molineux for me would be an ideal size and style replacement for the Atyeo, lovely looking stand IMO.

Well I know for a fact that just before that plans for ashton gate were revealed, the club attempted to buy 6 of those houseses behind the Ateyo, and came away with 4 of them, which they now rent out.

I can categorically tell you that isn't true. Unless the club lied to those present at the last FAN meeting, they don't own any of them. It's an urban myth, and an untrue one. :)

Well I know for a fact that just before that plans for ashton gate were revealed, the club attempted to buy 6 of those houseses behind the Ateyo, and came away with 4 of them, which they now rent out.

Fact? Where's your source? That's very different from the clubs line in a meeting involving tge architects.

Edit: just pipped me to it.

Thats assuming that the current Atyeo was built with the option to add a second tier.. If it was designed as soley a one tiered stand i dont think its as easy as just adding a second tier on top...

The new Stan Cullis stand at Molineux for me would be an ideal size and style replacement for the Atyeo, lovely looking stand IMO.

A second tier wouldn't be built above the Atyeo stand. It would be built behind it, so would be like a self contained structure that just happens to join onto the existing stand.

I can categorically tell you that isn't true. Unless the club lied to those present at the last FAN meeting, they don't own any of them. It's an urban myth, and an untrue one. :)

Not doubting you for a minute Dollymarie, but if the club really were buying up houses they wouldn't want it public knowledge for fear of increasing prices for those which hadn't been bought. With special purpose vehicles, shell companies etc it is quite easy to hide owners of property. It could even be on a need to know basis so that only SL/JL know of it at the club.

For what it's worth I don't think the club are doing this, however, it is what other large developers do.

Pretty sure Liverpool City council themselves have kicked people out of their homes on CPO's as a part of the city's regeneration programme. It's been frowned upon by the General public and rightly so, imo.

On another note, I thought City did once own some of those houses an used them as digs for YTS lads. Could be complete bollox but I'm sure that was my understanding growing up.

Not doubting you for a minute Dollymarie, but if the club really were buying up houses they wouldn't want it public knowledge for fear of increasing prices for those which hadn't been bought. With special purpose vehicles, shell companies etc it is quite easy to hide owners of property. It could even be on a need to know basis so that only SL/JL know of it at the club.

For what it's worth I don't think the club are doing this, however, it is what other large developers do.

Agree entirely.

I'm sure 'the club' have not bought any of the houses and I'm sure they were telling the truth at the FAN meeting. Having said that, wouldn't be surprised if Lansdown has got something in place. At the end of the day it's in SL's interests to be anonymous in purchasing any properties behind the Atyeo. If Sellers knew his/ the clubs identity they would push up prices due to knowing of the clubs potential long term intentions and the fact that they need every piece of the puzzle. I.e. Every house on that stretch of the road.

Either way, we don't know and may never know.

• Admin

Yes mate watched since late 80's played for junior reds and was lucky enough to be a ballboy for a couple of seasons.

Had a bit of time out for uni and played Thugby for a little bit... You do seem a little sceptical tho me ole fruit

Was intrigued where you were going to head once the blockage appears

Archived