IGNORED

The Meccano Has Arrived!

PhilC

27k is absolutely fine for us and the rugby for the time being. Who know what the landscape will be like in another 20 years when the Dolman and Atyeo are even more tired. Could be opportunity for a site for a purpose built stadium elsewhere in the city, you just never know...

I know where there's a piece of land not too far away!

Depends where I can get a ticket for prob the Williams... Why have you got a seat free next to you?

I think we should knock up a shed and stick it on the Williams stand roof for you, just as a way of making you feel at home whilst also welcoming you back into the flock.

Sure the workmen could do it, just for a laugh, during some down time given the relative size of their other little project.

Does anyone know the individual stand capacities of the 27,000 completed project. As the Atyeo remains that covers 4400 of the total

Slightly rounded up/down....

Atyeo 4,210

Dolman 5,730

Wedlock 4,360

Williams  10,900

Williams/Wedlock Corner 950

Wedlock/Dolman Corner 850

To put it into perspective, the back row of the dolman is around 15 meters from ground level.

This will roughly be in line with the front row of the new Williams upper tier. The seating then extends up so that the back row of the Williams will be roughly 28 meters from ground level

To put it into perspective, the back row of the dolman is around 15 meters from ground level.

This will roughly be in line with the front row of the new Williams upper tier. The seating then extends up so that the back row of the Williams will be roughly 28 meters from ground level

Hey, we could be overlooking Del boy & Rodney's gaff, keep a lookout for dodgy gear stashed on the balcony ... They overlooked us for years before the Dolman went up, let's see how they like it - luvely jubbley! .... Will the top row Williams seats come with binoculars like they've got at the Hippodrome?

That one at Leeds holds 19,000.

17500 I believe. Still a monster. I believe only the north stand at OT is bigger. Soon liverpool's main stand will surpass it too.

The new williams will be huge in the context of ashton gate as it is now, and certainly for league 1, but in general terms (or the top half of the pyramid) it will be just above average.

I've said before - the new south stand is championship, the williams premier league.

Think that the clue is in the wording.

The club may not own any houses behind the Atyeo stand.

Bristol Sport on the other hand, may have "commercial interests" in the acquisition of those properties.

There seems to be little in the way of property sales on Ashton Road in the last 5 years.. certainly not the 6 properties rumoured..

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/home-values/bristol/ashton-road/?pn=2

What numbers are the houses that back on to the Atyeo? Since 2010 there have been 16 sales on the length of Ashton Road.

Actually didn't see the third page. If they are 47-65 that's certainly interesting..

If BS or associated companies have been quietly acquiring certain properties -I doubt they'll be best pleased with the speculations/research in this thread...

The need to do things 'quietly' would be clear & if such activity was underway, information would be on a need to know basis and guess what 'supporters' wouldn't be in a need to know catagory.

'Careless Talk Costs ..' and all that.

If there was a cat in the bag, it has well and truly been released now... and regardless of accuracy or not potentially interested parties will have been alerted.

We'll know for sure if/when hard and fast plans for that end of the Gate become prove viable and become reality. Meanwhile I doubt we and threads like this are likely to help - wish I owned one of the properties in question though!

Archived