IGNORED

George Ferguson (Merged many times)

And Its Smith

4 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

One of my friends was killed by a motorist traveling at 40 mph.

He may have survived if the limit was 20 mph.

In the road I live in adjacent to a kids school there were five accidents in eighteen months.

None since 20 mph was introduced.

Lives are being saved,

Can I ask how your friend got knocked down?

I'm pretty sure the TF was there before Aldi? Also when Ferguson was elected Mayor there was absolutely NO mention of RPZ in his manifesto - but as executive Mayor he simply implemented it anyway. It's a FU C K I NG disgrace and it still blights BS3 now, with absolutely zero chance of it ever going away. It's nothing more than a regressive tax. 

32 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Can I ask how your friend got knocked down?

Hit on a Zebra crossing ... And to people who think their cars and speed are more important than everything else and anybody else, I always ask if in a weird out there world where you had to choose hit at 20, 30 or 40 mph? 

• Admin

Not sure a speed limit is going to help if you get someone hitting people on zebra crossings.  Many of the 20 limits are ridiculous, especially being 24 hour.  Cars and pedestrians should be separated, so what are they doing, closing under passes and removing pedestrian bridges.......

Some of the 20/30/20 areas along the same stretch of road make no sense at all.  One road near me goes from 20 to 30 just as it approaches the busiest junction on it, shortly after it goes to 50 - a single track lane that 25 is taking your life in your hands.

If some of the excessive use of 20 could be seen as fair safety, i.e. by schools and shops, fair enough, but some of the roads with good visibility, width and houses only one side, that's a pointless restriction.

26 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not sure a speed limit is going to help if you get someone hitting people on zebra crossings.  Many of the 20 limits are ridiculous, especially being 24 hour.  Cars and pedestrians should be separated, so what are they doing, closing under passes and removing pedestrian bridges.......

Some of the 20/30/20 areas along the same stretch of road make no sense at all.  One road near me goes from 20 to 30 just as it approaches the busiest junction on it, shortly after it goes to 50 - a single track lane that 25 is taking your life in your hands.

If some of the excessive use of 20 could be seen as fair safety, i.e. by schools and shops, fair enough, but some of the roads with good visibility, width and houses only one side, that's a pointless restriction.

Yes sure.

Because the breaking and stopping distance improves. 

The impact of body v vehicle is less.

The % possibility of survival at 20 mph is 95%.

The % possibility of survival at 40 mph is 5% survive.

Intent was not be maudlin.

Its the normal stuff here.

But the Devil in red trousers also does things that are good.

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Hit on a Zebra crossing ... And to people who think their cars and speed are more important than everything else and anybody else, I always ask if in a weird out there world where you had to choose hit at 20, 30 or 40 mph? 

If he was hit on a zebra crossing by someone approaching it doing 40 mph then the driver was a bloody idiot and no speed limit would of made a blind bit of difference ,you can't punish everyone for the mistakes of a few surely 

All new cars should have a remote urban speed limiter installed to keep them below 20mph. 

All diesel cars and any car over ten years old should be compulsorily scrapped.

Anyone found guilty of any motoring offence should have their licence revoked permanently.

I will be standing in the next mayoral election on this single issue platform. Vote Ser Davos for a better world.

36 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

All new cars should have a remote urban speed limiter installed to keep them below 20mph. 

Anyone found guilty of any motoring offence should have their licence revoked permanently.

I will be standing in the next mayoral election on this single issue platform. Vote Ser Davos for a better world.

Who is going to pay for the scrapping of older cars Mr Davos? :) are you a rich man? :) 

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Good question. Funds will be raised from suing car makers over the recent emissions scandal and ringfenced for the scrappage scheme.

I have A vintage Ferrari, what Shall I replace it with? :P  or are there going to be exemptions in place?  Going forward are you proposing putting the classic car business out of business?

If you are going to get my vote I need to know all this stuff :)

8 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

I will vote for you as long as you also put in your manifesto that planes shouldn't be shipping fuel like they do and are kept to a 100mph limit whilst in the air  :whistle2:

24 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I will vote for you as long as you also put in your manifesto that planes shouldn't be shipping fuel like they do and are kept to a 100mph limit whilst in the air  :whistle2:

Sounds tricky to achieve but I will look into it for you because I always listen to the voice of my constituents.

7 hours ago, TRL said:

I have A vintage Ferrari, what Shall I replace it with? :P  or are there going to be exemptions in place?  Going forward are you proposing putting the classic car business out of business?

If you are going to get my vote I need to know all this stuff :)

If you promise to only drive it on Sundays I think we can make an exception. Can I count on your vote?

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 01:42, joe jordans teeth said:

If he was hit on a zebra crossing by someone approaching it doing 40 mph then the driver was a bloody idiot and no speed limit would of made a blind bit of difference ,you can't punish everyone for the mistakes of a few surely 

No ifs.

Was.

Speed limits make people drive slower.

People are driving slower.

Even the reckless.

The arrogant.

The stupid.

The Selfish.

The ignorant.

And those who are none of the above but are just fallible and make errors as humans do.

That's a good thing.

Archived