IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

People are implying his Dad knows something about his son and Middlesbrough. 

By the sounds of it, his dad wasn't even in the party of people who came to Bristol with Zach, so I don't think he is THAT key in the decision that he makes. 

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

He's specifically gone out of his way to specifically like a post that's specifically aimed at looking for a specific role that his son specifically plays, and uncoincidntally one of the specific teams that have rumoured to put a bid in for this specific player is the specific team that he has liked the post about.

Not really gone out his way as he follows Alan Nixon who the mention is too.

You can make as much out of that as the like below it 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Not really gone out his way as he follows Alan Nixon who the mention is too.

You can make as much out of that as the like below it 

Pretty sure it's all a bunch of mind games personally to be honest, but I know what the majority will think..

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Pretty sure his dad is just playing the biggest mind games.

Pretty sure his dad is just proud of his son, and randomly likes any post that is positive about his son.

We then try and break the code, when there really may not he one.

Let's be honest he is a young kid and in a bit of a unique situation so not your typical transfer.

the fact he hasn't signed yet shows that he isn't 100% sure about the move, which leans me towards the deal being unlikely now. We would be an excellent move for him IMO.

With our position as it is, part of me rather we Focused on specific proven targets....the likes of that Yann chap from Bournemouth etc.

a handful of proven players over a raw diamond for me.

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I think chasing likes on tweets is really a little bit too much stalking for me. I think all things being equal, the lad would not choose to join us. He is trying to hang on for a better offer, that is now clear or he would have signed today. That Sc mentioned the fee, is still suspect, maybe he wanted to reduce the amount Bolton would get from elsewhere, initially I thought it was because a deal was done. It was the right move by the club, but if you play poker, you also have to know when to withdraw. I suggest within tomorrow. We all know (from Gray) that deals can be done instantly, so it is evident that he does not want to join, and if that is the case, the club will need to decide if it is a wise move for all concerned if his heart is not in it. In this case, I feel the club has done its best and made a bid on a relatively realistic target. 

Otherwise we could have another Fredericks on our hands.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Blow this.

SL, give your boy a shiney new pound and get him to buy Bolton. Make the sale, then stick them in to administration. 

Sorted.

That would be a complete waste of a £1. They have already agreed as much as they can! 

The club needs to stop letting playersreturn home without an answer. They need to seal the deal then and there or move onto the next target. It is becoming a big issue that we can't get these deals accross the line and if this one does fall through serious questions need to be asked why we can't complete deals.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So many dimensions to this transfer saga...

Bloody hell, it is a different world nowadays. All well intentioned, but the young lass is his girlfriend and is now gets tweets from City fans? Yes, she has to like them and all that, but all sounds rather...odd. No doubt the next step will be gas heads tweeting her!

Gone are the days when some tough wee tackler would be signed and we all wondered what they looked like.

I have no idea whether signing this kid is some kind of hugely important day for the history of Bristol City, personally I can't say I have seen him play more than a few minutes on the highlights, but, my concern is not this bloke, it's the 2 or 3 experienced championship standard players we need to sign before we take a punt on young Clough that will keep us comfortably up and building for the future.

That's worth a 30 something page thread, spending 2 million on a very raw kid doesn't really cut it for me, he should be the icing on the cake.

1 minute ago, screech said:

I have no idea whether signing this kid is some kind of hugely important day for the history of Bristol City, personally I can't say I have seen him play more than a few minutes on the highlights, but, my concern is not this bloke, it's the 2 or 3 experienced championship standard players we need to sign before we take a punt on young Clough that will keep us comfortably up and building for the future.

That's worth a 30 something page thread, spending 2 million on a very raw kid doesn't really cut it for me, he should be the icing on the cake.

Exactly this.

Sounds exciting, but he has played 20 games, and had injuries.

Very much hope he joins, but is part of the jigsaw, not the whole solution. Would love to see us at least linked with somebody other than a forward now and again.

Archived