IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So let me get this straight... What we're saying is that when SL said that we could pay the wages to compete in this division, what he meant was that we 'could', but he won't?

Just like Gayle & Gray all over again. 

Just listened to Cotts' interview on the matter and he said it was his decision not to pay the wages.

On 15/01/2016 at 09:17, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

ZC is on 12k a week at Bolton (he is one of the lowest paid there) which is the same as our highest earner.

ZC want 18k a week to move, we offered 14k a week too which he turned down.

For what it's worth, I heard from someone up here last night, who might be in a position to know, that we offered 15k pw with various release clauses including a relegation one but he turned it down.

Apparently  he really doesn't want to leave Bolton and would only consider a Prem club. There have been no other bids so far, Wolves are interested but he's not keen on them either. 

I think it was more to do with league position. If we had been top offering the same, albeit without the relegation clause, but with a promotion clause instead he would have joined. I also suspect that if we were top we may have been willing to go slightly higher wage wise if needs be. That league position has alot to with it both in terms of whether he felt comfortable and how comfortable we felt offering perhaps a significant salary when by all rights we could also go down.

On 15 January 2016 at 09:17, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

ZC is on 12k a week at Bolton (he is one of the lowest paid there) which is the same as our highest earner.

ZC want 18k a week to move, we offered 14k a week too which he turned down.

Blige!  That really surprised me.....is that cause he signed a new contract early on this season?  If so, it's amazing that a club £180m in debt can offer contracts like that, and that's a low wage at that club.  Scandalous.  Nothing against Clough, but I hope Bolton rot.  Same for the other clubs trying to flout the financial rules.  Cardiff the latest.

On 16 January 2016 at 11:48, Davefevs said:

Blige!  That really surprised me.....is that cause he signed a new contract early on this season?  If so, it's amazing that a club £180m in debt can offer contracts like that, and that's a low wage at that club.  Scandalous.  Nothing against Clough, but I hope Bolton rot.  Same for the other clubs trying to flout the financial rules.  Cardiff the latest.

Another  thread details our latest accounts in which our wage bill was bigger than our revenue and yet there are still City fans who think we should be paying money out to buy our way out of trouble and think that the summer transfer debacle was because the club ( SL) was not prepared to support the manager in the market.

WE seem to be penalised/punished because we are adhering to the ffp rules. Other clubs ( Cardiff, QPR and now Bolton ) seem to fly in the face of the same rules, benefit as a result ( premier league promotion and the financial rewards that go with it for QPR and Cardiff) and yet no action seems to be taken against them. 

I'm sure I read that in all but one of the years they spent in the prem, Bolton made a financial loss, so it is little surprise that they are sitting on huge debts despite the money sloshing around at the very top. While none of us want to see fans of other clubs suffering as a result of mismanagement, at what point are football authorities going to make a proper example of these clubs so that clubs have to operate within the financial rules?

Had we thrown the kitchen sink ( financially) at this season, and overspent massivley, do you think we'd escape in the same way as QPR? 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Another  thread details our latest accounts in which our wage bill was bigger than our revenue and yet there are still City fans who think we should be paying money out to buy our way out of trouble and think that the summer transfer debacle was because the club ( SL) was not prepared to support the manager in the market.

WE seem to be penalised/punished because we are adhering to the ffp rules. Other clubs ( Cardiff, QPR and now Bolton ) seem to fly in the face of the same rules, benefit as a result ( premier league promotion and the financial rewards that go with it for QPR and Cardiff) and yet no action seems to be taken against them. 

I'm sure I read that in all but one of the years they spent in the prem, Bolton made a financial loss, so it is little surprise that they are sitting on huge debts despite the money sloshing around at the very top. While none of us want to see fans of other clubs suffering as a result of mismanagement, at what point are football authorities going to make a proper example of these clubs so that clubs have to operate within the financial rules?

Had we thrown the kitchen sink ( financially) at this season, and overspent massivley, do you think we'd escape in the same way as QPR? 

Or maybe SL is only allowed £10m a year 'play' money by the Mrs? Still a huge effort whatever way you slice it.

On 1/16/2016 at 11:48, Davefevs said:

Agree with all of that was going to post the same, you did it for me. Talk about financial suicide, in the end is it worth it?

11 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This does have some resonance! However if we are paying more than revenue to players are we not in breach of FFP too?...I am really unclear on this if someone could help!

But the point is still founded. FFP exists for a reason and we have to play within it, thus unless you are going to sell in order to buy then we must have to operate within our means from existing income? Or am I off base?

The problem is, if I am not very much mistaken, that purchases do not fall under FFP but wages do, so that does support the notion that we can offer huge gobs of SLs cash but the wages are the problem of the BoD, unless a deal can be structured so the offer price somehow contains a big cash incentive for a player to take a lower wage....Bending the rules to the limit I am sure!

So, my thought would be, by hook or by crook stay up and hope the new stadium will add 5k to the gate and a measurable increase in non ticket revs, shirts, pies, et al!

On 15 January 2016 at 09:23, Fordy62 said:

So let me get this straight... What we're saying is that when SL said that we could pay the wages to compete in this division, what he meant was that we 'could', but he won't?

Just like Gayle & Gray all over again. 

I think SL would be right in this occasion. Just because we can offer it, doesn't mean we should. We want to pay low, players want to be paid high, we meet in the middle. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

But his signing on fee from new club rockets #cynical

46 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

Sadly his greedy demands in wages won't. How does a kid with a handful of first team starts even come to a 5 figure salary demand.  Everything that is wrong with football.

Tend to agree.

Must have a look at City's accounts tonight to try to understand how hypocritical we might be in all of this!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But his signing on fee from new club rockets #cynical

Tend to agree.

Must have a look at City's accounts tonight to try to understand how hypocritical we might be in all of this!

Spot on. A free could be in his future or at least a reduced fee to the club! If he gets one of those he may not want to be seen in Bolton!

Archived