IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I say again. Is it beyond the wit of a Football Club to find out if a player would be  likely to sign for you before offering millions of quids in the hope that that  might be the case?

We've done that 3 times now?

Oh lets tap them all up then why don't we.

14 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Oh lets tap them all up then why don't we.

You can find out what someone is like and their likely preferences without talking to them these days. Players seem to spend their lives on Twitter giving their opinions.

As an example it seems that Zach Clough is a died in the wool bolton fan who is unlikely to want to leave bolton let alone Lancashire.

And on the other front going back a bit everyone at Wigan know about Tony Dinning's ways but it seems City couldn't manage that before making a mistake signing him.

3 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

You can find out what someone is like and their likely preferences without talking to them these days. Players seem to spend their lives on Twitter giving their opinions.

As an example it seems that Zach Clough is a died in the wool bolton fan who is unlikely to want to leave bolton let alone Lancashire

Burn him! 

9 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

As an example it seems that Zach Clough is a died in the wool bolton fan who is unlikely to want to leave bolton let alone Lancashir

Chris Garland , big City fan. Went to Chelsea ! It happens

No good just sitting back and wondering if a player might knock on your door one day asking to sign. Players move, most players support a team , only a few will play for that team and fewer still would stay there for a career.

Personally I'm far more annoyed at the time that we have wasted pursuing someone with a grand total of 8 league goals ever than the issue that it appears Clough doesn't want to join us.

Let's not piss about with Crouch, someone currently playing for Lyon (!) and their like, drop our level and get the 3 players in that we need pronto.

Kermorgant is 34, about ninth choice striker at Bournemouth now, and we could get him for about £500k. Likewise Nichols at Exeter for a similar amount, Diagouraga at Brentford too.

In his last three seasons in the Championship Kermorgant has scored 15, 12 and 15, I have absolutely no idea why we haven't signed him already.

26 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

As an example it seems that Zach Clough is a died in the wool bolton fan who is unlikely to want to leave bolton let alone Lancashire.

And on the other front going back a bit everyone at Wigan know about Tony Dinning's ways but it seems City couldn't manage that before making a mistake signing him.

With respect, it wasnt a mistake signing Tony Dinning after a very good loan spell. It only turned out so retrospectively when either his ability or his attitude took a nose dive, but actually signing him seemed a good move at the time.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Personally I'm far more annoyed at the time that we have wasted pursuing someone with a grand total of 8 league goals ever than the issue that it appears Clough doesn't want to join us.

Let's not piss about with Crouch, someone currently playing for Lyon (!) and their like, drop our level and get the 3 players in that we need pronto.

Kermorgant is 34, about ninth choice striker at Bournemouth now, and we could get him for about £500k. Likewise Nichols at Exeter for a similar amount, Diagouraga at Brentford too.

In his last three seasons in the Championship Kermorgant has scored 15, 12 and 15, I have absolutely no idea why we haven't signed him already.

Also those suggested signings might hang round next season regardless of which division we are in. 

33 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

So you are advocating we consult the 'oracle' of Twitter before taking an enquiry further? 

Oh pleeeeeeease.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You would have thought if this club was sensible enough we would now have a shortlist of about 10 players that we were pursuing (Kermorgant being one of them) and not just sat around for a week waiting for Zach Clough to say "NO" as he's too afraid to leave home.

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Isn't that exactly what you're doing about Zach Clough?

What Bristol 86 knows about REDOXO ZERO

What REDOXO Knows about Bristol 86 Zero

What's a matter of record about Zach Clough 

Plays for a club with 180m debt

Has been offered a substantial contract to move his career and 2m with additions to his club

Has had talks with his father with Bristol City

Player is reluctant to move due to factors including, Love for club (touted) and being unable to reach personal terms that are excellent! (and according to some is to young to make a career choice

Bristol City are a wealthy club that are paying the going rate for the player pre fire sale

Bristol City are on the verge of pulling out of deal

Bolton Wanderers face a winding up order

BolBolton Wanderers face likely administration

Bolton Wanderers will get a 12 point deduction

Bolton Wanderers are bottom of the league

Administrator to likely fire staff (including most of the non-paying staff)

Administrator to by law pay the most pressing debts first (To wit taxation and themselves also by law first)

Zach Clough value to Bolton to fall as will the value of other playing staff in fire sale

Enough I could write pages on what is already record if you like! The kid (and possibly his advisers, I have no certain knowledge of this) is playing with a desperate situation. However as I have already stated earlier I am over it. We need men not boys as do Bolton Wanderers

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Has been offered a substantial contract to move his career and 2m with additions to his club

Player is reluctant to move due to factors including, Love for club (touted) and being unable to reach personal terms that are excellent! (and according to some is to young to make a career choice

Bristol City are a wealthy club that are paying the going rate for the player pre fire sale

Administrator to by law pay the most pressing debts first (To wit taxation and themselves also by law first)

Zach Clough value to Bolton to fall as will the value of other playing staff in fire sale

Enough I could write pages on what is already record if you like! The kid (and possibly his advisers, I have no certain knowledge of this) is playing with a desperate situation. However as I have already stated earlier I am over it. We need men not boys as do Bolton Wanderers

I think you're still missing the point - the player doesn't want to leave Bolton. He never asked for a transfer 

Why you've interpreted that as a 'snub' to Bristol City is beyond me. There's plenty of places that I wouldn't want to work even if I was offered a lucrative salary.

From what I can gather from the Bolton journo, he was prepared - reluctantly - to move if it was required for him to do so in order to 'save' Bolton. Not because he's long harboured a desire to don the glorious red and white. 

Sometimes in life opportunities arise and you say, 'no thank you, that's not for me', you're acting like the only thing stopping him coming here is the distance between Bristol and Bolton which is far too simplistic a view to take. 

It was clear from the off that the only reason he would come here was if left no choice by Bolton. Seems they are seeking alternative investment which would mean they're not needing to sell (for now, at least)

Lets not kid ourselves - if Bolton go under he'll get a better move anyway. 

28 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So you are advocating we consult the 'oracle' of Twitter before taking an enquiry further? 

Oh pleeeeeeease.

pedantic, literal and a bit nasty mate. We live in the information age. I gave an example of how it's much easier to find out about a person's views these days.

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He just seems to be a wet-behind-the-ears little arse, who would miss his mam, and still shits yellow.

4 minutes ago, Rouge Sans Pareil said:

He just seems to be a wet-behind-the-ears little arse, who would miss his mam, and still shits yellow.

Yes I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact that we have a threadbare squad, leak goals for fun, are looking odds on for relegation and can't see where the next point is coming from. 

Why would he move halfway through the season, he's got all the above already at Bolton!

Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't be straight down the motorway if this was Chelsea/Arsenal etc?

We have about as much pulling power as a clapped out Lada, why would any ambitious young player want to come here right now?

Some serious bitterness on here. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact that we have a threadbare squad, leak goals for fun, are looking odds on for relegation and can't see where the next point is coming from. 

Why would he move halfway through the season, he's got all the above already at Bolton!

Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't be straight down the motorway if this was Chelsea/Arsenal etc?

We have about as much pulling power as a clapped out Lada, why would any ambitious young player want to come here right now?

Some serious bitterness on here. 

And that is the basic, hard fact of it all, although I'd have preferred it if you weren't quite so harsh about it! How did it come to this?

Perhaps just perhaps his love of his home town club is a convenient way of saying he would prefer to sit tight until something better comes along in the north which is quite likely if a fire sale ensues after they drop into the brown stuff. Maybe he is not such a mummy's boy but someone who won't be pushed and if so fair play to him.

Saying how shit hot BCFC is after a natter is possibly just being polite and we have lapped it up.

Having said all that he may still sign but I do wish the club would be more decisive as if he does finally come it will look like he doesn't want to be here which won't endear him to fans - certainly not until he scores and kisses the badge !

What's annoying is we get our hopes up only for these players to reject us.we never had any problems recruiting last time we were in the championship.something is not quite right at Ashton gate.deep down we all know it.needs to be fixed very quickly or were doomed.4wins in 28 games is not acceptable. times up....

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think you're still missing the point - the player doesn't want to leave Bolton. He never asked for a transfer 

Why you've interpreted that as a 'snub' to Bristol City is beyond me. There's plenty of places that I wouldn't want to work even if I was offered a lucrative salary.

From what I can gather from the Bolton journo, he was prepared - reluctantly - to move if it was required for him to do so in order to 'save' Bolton. Not because he's long harboured a desire to don the glorious red and white. 

Sometimes in life opportunities arise and you say, 'no thank you, that's not for me', you're acting like the only thing stopping him coming here is the distance between Bristol and Bolton which is far too simplistic a view to take. 

It was clear from the off that the only reason he would come here was if left no choice by Bolton. Seems they are seeking alternative investment which would mean they're not needing to sell (for now, at least)

Lets not kid ourselves - if Bolton go under he'll get a better move anyway. 

We best agree to disagree on the minutia 86.

Bolton it would seem are looking at other ways to finance the situation before Monday and to be fair always have...Eggs in this scenario are never in one basket. The short answer is cash...Cash is king and any first year business student (Im not being facetious here) knows it. If Bolton can find cash to pay some debt by Monday and show the reasonable ability to pay more then they may get more time. However actually having cash in hand makes that more likely, if they don't then it is significantly less likely, Its just the way it works! 

My thought is that the revenue service do not like placing football clubs in to admin as the knock on effect as I have alluded is massive, however outside of the ground and a few players their assets are not great and 180M debts are massive. The creditors are caught between a rock and a hard place. Forgive some debt or allow the administrators to propose pennies on the dollar so to speak. Also a Football club can be considered a community asset and again this in a perverse way protects football clubs from running like a proper business on some levels.

My bet is they will avoid admin next week but will crash and burn as soon as its obvious they are relegated, however the points deduction will be reapplied next season, but the damage is done. Once they are down they aint coming up for a while or until Bill Gates buys them (metaphorically speaking :laugh:)

Relatively speaking he is as soft as cotton wool.  I consider my life to be fairly average.  I left home at 18 for University and never went back, save for a couple of months. I haven't lived in Bristol since then, but just about everywhere else and worked across the globe.

It made me the unbearable whinge I am today :)

5 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

What's annoying is we get our hopes up only for these players to reject us.we never had any problems recruiting last time we were in the championship.something is not quite right at Ashton gate.deep down we all know it.needs to be fixed very quickly or were doomed.4wins in 28 games is not acceptable. times up....

Absolutely! But no one for sure has a Scooby Doo what that is?:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Absolutely! But no one for sure has a Scooby Doo what that is?:dunno:

I think inevitably sc will be gone.whether it's to late for someone else to come in and save us this season remains to be seen.personally I think it is.sentiment should play no part in this game.we clearly will pay the price.were ridiculously below par and are unable to compete at this level.especially the formation he keeps sticking to.I think he also knows times up.that's the reason for his altercation last night with the fans.were an absolute laughing stock.

2 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Looks like my sources are  a good deal reliable than your heresay

Never mind , you can always "try"and respond sarcastically 

What are you on about?  I was merely suggesting that every possible scenario had been suggested.  Yours was but another.  Inevitably some will be correct.  Well done.

I wasn't suggesting your opinion had any more or less value than anyone else, so there was no sarcasm intended.  It was merely a comment alluding to the fact that - at the point of reading yours - all bases were covered from a huge number of sources and opinions.

Chill.

Archived