IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

Right, I have moved on.

To give us a head start on our next transfer target, and to skip the first 45 unnecessary pages of the next thread, I have done OTIB a favour by already tweeted all of Mr Kormorgant's family (might have spelt it wrong and/or begged the wrong dad to let him come here). I have also lusted over his missus, found a physical feature of his to ridicule, ripped apart his current hometown as a sh1thole and contacted several random people who were in the army at his age to show how comfy his life is.

Anyways,  after all that, turns out he doesn't want to come here either.

Bugger.

2 hours ago, City169 said:

Care to elaborate? I know it's the daily mail and that's normally enough but the article basically said stuff we know already and added that Zack isn't interested because of our position (even though it's above where he currently is)

Let's be honest... There's only one thing that footballers are interested in. They bleat on about wanting champions league football but that's not what they really mean, they just want their pay upped. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Clough didn't fit with our wage policy. 

Remember what Lansdown said? 

"Players the manager might want us to recruit will want the kind of money that is outside of our arrangement. The hardest thing next season will be to set our budget wisely."

Many of those players who helped City win automatic promotion from League One in 2007 and then reach the Championship play-off final the following year were rewarded with expensive, long-term contracts, while City lavished inflated fees on new signings as they chased the Premier League dream.

Lansdown is determined to resist pressure from agents, players and selling clubs and to adhere to a strict new financial model designed to reduce debt and secure the club's future, while remaining competitive in the Championship.

He added: "We have a model now which will be hard to keep going. I have experience of making those mistakes, of being drawn into it. The system now dictates that, however long we have to work to get to where we need to get to, we will get value for money and enjoyment out of it.

"It won't go in a straight line and it will be higgledy-piggledy at times. But we will keep working at it, because that is the way it is."

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact that we have a threadbare squad, leak goals for fun, are looking odds on for relegation and can't see where the next point is coming from. 

Why would he move halfway through the season, he's got all the above already at Bolton!

Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't be straight down the motorway if this was Chelsea/Arsenal etc?

We have about as much pulling power as a clapped out Lada, why would any ambitious young player want to come here right now?

Some serious bitterness on here. 

clapped out ladas are hard as f$$k. 

37 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Absolute no mark player so no problem, time to move on and get someone better. 

*edit* hoping for a solid rendition of "does your mother know you're here" when Bolton come to the gate

Why be so bitter about it?

I admire the lad for wanting to stay at his boyhood club. We're hardly an attractive proposition right now.

54 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Absolute no mark player so no problem, time to move on and get someone better. 

*edit* hoping for a solid rendition of "does your mother know you're here" when Bolton come to the gate

Utter rubbish!

The kid. at 20, is already showing signs of real class and we've missed out.

I appreciate his reasons and wish the lad well.

For the next target to save everybody's time can we just do a find and replace of Clough's name in this thread, republish it, and then lock it from replies until there is photographic evidence of the player sitting in the Atyeo with Cotterill and Lansdown's hands on his shoulders, sat at Cotterill's desk smiling uncomfortably holding a biro, or playing for Wolves/QPR (unless he's from Wolves/QPR, in which case close the forum for essential database maintenance and never ever ever reopen it).

40 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Does anyone who has posted on this thread feel they have had their time wasted?

Uncle TFR

I've probably wasted too much time on this, but I'd like to thank everyone who contributed. How people can continue to make the effort, in the current circumstances, is beyond me. I think we should award online medals to those who make significant contributions to the various threads. The criteria would be self sacrifice or extreme devotion to Bristol City fans duty in the presence of garbage emanating from the manager, the board, the players and other fans.  

34 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Does anyone who has posted on this thread fee'ey have had their time wasted?

UnItcle TFR

.....reading it made for a mystery thriller experience in a style reminicent of an Agatha Crusty.

Full of what ifs, who did, who didnt, is there a belse's timen loitering in the shadows poised to jump out at any moment and scupper our hopes of a happy ever after ending... a nail-biting cliffhanger which had us on the edge of our roller coaster seats til the bitter end. Hopes built, hopes dashed, theories and counter theories page after page, gut feelings and hearts ruling heads..... Probably along with the Stadium redevelopment watch this Sack Cloth episode has probably been a highlight of the season so far...

Bravo, non of the contributors have wasted theirs or anyone elses time, everyone has added a stitch or two to the January transfer window tapestry.. It's been fun, frustration, thrilling and despairing...one or two quid has more than likely been won and lost at the bookies as a direct result of its content too.

Some of us will have learned a thing or two of interest gleaned from within its chapters and paragraphs... I know I did.

I now know forinstance that another name for bus is cognito! ... ;)

It's been fun, as a forum discussion it is what it is - as a bit of another BCFC time-waster it is what it is. Its what we do best.

54 pages and we still don't know what is going on, perhaps one of the journalists will be brave enough to ask Steve at the next press conference.

As today's Bolton News, states Steve Cotterill has pulled the plug on the deal.

Please someone explain what has gone on.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Does anyone who has posted on this thread feel they have had their time wasted?

Uncle TFR

Absolutely not. I love Bristol City and discussing everything Bristol City related.  Great thread!! 

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

54 pages and we still don't know what is going on, perhaps one of the journalists will be brave enough to ask Steve at the next press conference.

Unfortunately this is one of SC's failings - even when the rest of the world seems to know, he seems to like to play a game in not telling the press the latest, he did this with O'Donnell - I could understand if it was regards a player anywhere on the pitch but a Keeper ? They know we are going to be playing a keeper !! Maybe if that keeper had failings like for example everyone knew he wasn't good at collecting crosses or his kicking was poor I could understand it a bit more, but wouldnt that be admitting he has faults ? 

It was mentioned in his pre match interview of Radio Bristol and his comment when asked about O'Donnell was that 'he actually trained with us Monday and today, but we managed to keep it away from you lot (the press)'

Not sure what satisfaction he gets out of it ? Why not just come out and say 'yes we've signed him' or 'No we havent signed him' ? My guess is because he'll have to elaborate on the reasons if its negative and this will lead to him again having to say he doesn't 'want to get into the reasons why'...all very mysterious and all rather undermining for us as supporters.

15 minutes ago, Dave said:

In 'My Opinion' the wage cap was the problem......

13 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Unfortunately this is one of SC's failings - even when the rest of the world seems to know, he seems to like to play a game in not telling the press the latest, he did this with O'Donnell - I could understand if it was regards a player anywhere on the pitch but a Keeper ? They know we are going to be playing a keeper !! Maybe if that keeper had failings like for example everyone knew he wasn't good at collecting crosses or his kicking was poor I could understand it a bit more, but wouldnt that be admitting he has faults ? 

It was mentioned in his pre match interview of Radio Bristol and his comment when asked about O'Donnell was that 'he actually trained with us Monday and today, but we managed to keep it away from you lot (the press)'

Not sure what satisfaction he gets out of it ? Why not just come out and say 'yes we've signed him' or 'No we havent signed him' ? My guess is because he'll have to elaborate on the reasons if its negative and this will lead to him again having to say he doesn't 'want to get into the reasons why'...all very mysterious and all rather undermining for us as supporters.

I'm not sure what you're expecting at this stage? I've never known a club put out a specific press release or comment when a player has turned them down, particularly not the reasons why.

For a buying club, keeping things out of the press is one of your main objectives, it stops prices being raised and increased interest / hysteria over what might have just been a simple enquiry. 

14 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Interesting insight, I got the impression from Cotts in his post match interview that there is continuing "issues" with trying to get new players in, I wonder if the wage cap was what he was referring to?

14 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Interesting. Do you have 'an opinion' as to whether the reason the wage cap was too low was unreasonableness on our board's part or on his? 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Interesting insight, I got the impression from Cotts in his post match interview that there is continuing "issues" with trying to get new players in, I wonder if the wage cap was what he was referring to?

I'm gonna say 'yes' - would be interested to hear @TETBURY MASSIVE 'opinion' on this

Oh great sage, the forum awaits.....

13 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Well someone in the press conference ask him. If our wage structure only allows us a squad of 18, then things are far worse than I thought.

Remember when he is keeping things from the press, it follows that he is keeping things from the fans.

I do not expect an email about every rumour, but our Team is not in a good place at the moment, and the communication is in my opinion is making a bad season even worse.

6 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinismallhe wage cap was the problem...... 

Greedy kid, could have been a Club hero here while earning a decent wedge, we couldve been a perfect stepping stone for him, do the biz here for us, grab himself some good media headlines  then seek his fortune  ala Bolasie. 

Great chance of being a big fish in a relatively snall pond, getting noticed and playing week in week out and attracting the big fish that way than heading straight to the subs bench or anonomous squad number of a bigger club with no guarentee of progression.

Big gamble by the Cloughs ....

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

I'm not sure what you're expecting at this stage? I've never known a club put out a specific press release or comment when a player has turned them down, particularly not the reasons why.

For a buying club, keeping things out of the press is one of your main objectives, it stops prices being raised and increased interest / hysteria over what might have just been a simple enquiry. 

I'd disagree - clubs that have stressed they have had a bid accepted for a player confirm to the press in pre match interviews on a weekly basis during the transfer window.  Maybe a simple 'City pull out of Clough deal' ? ...'Clough turns down City' ? 'City sign O'Donnell' ....? on the website - or maybe just a yes or no in the pre match interview. 

I'm not daft by the way - I do understand when things need to be kept cloak and dagger - but when the whole world seems to know its dead or a deal is done ??? (as in the O'Donnell deal - announced 12 hours before on twitter )

Maybe we'll get this in SC's interview pre Middlesboro if the reporters have enough balls about them to ask ?

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Greedy kid, could have been a Club hero here while earning a decent wedge, we couldve been a perfect stepping stone for him, do the biz here for us, grab himself some good media headlines  then seek his fortune  ala Bolasie. 

Great chance of being a big fish in a relatively snall pond, getting noticed and playing week in week out and attracting the big fish that way than heading straight to the subs bench or anonomous squad number of a bigger club with no guarentee of progression.

Big gamble by the Cloughs ....

I get the feeling the kid will be ok, WH

I can't imagine he's short of a bon or two already

On the other hand, he could have demanded £5k a week more than the biggest earner already here, would you pay him that?

On 12 January 2016 at 17:31, Soul_Trader said:

Cos what ...  he couldn't have another medical ?

BCFC couldn't insure against such a possibilty?

BCFC couldn't include a clause into the contract for such a thing ?

I know BCFC aren't seen as the worlds largest football club, but I we're not rookies either

More importantly I've had a lot of my mobile data wasted refreshing this thread.

2 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

I'd disagree - clubs that have stressed they have had a bid accepted for a player confirm to the press in pre match interviews on a weekly basis during the transfer window.  Maybe a simple 'City pull out of Clough deal' ? ...'Clough turns down City' ? 'City sign O'Donnell' ....? on the website - or maybe just a yes or no in the pre match interview. 

I'm not daft by the way - I do understand when things need to be kept cloak and dagger - but when the whole world seems to know its dead or a deal is done ??? (as in the O'Donnell deal - announced 12 hours before on twitter )

Maybe we'll get this in SC's interview pre Middlesboro if the reporters have enough balls about them to ask ?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the club to give us more insight on these deals, I just can't see it happening.

I wouldn't hold out much hope re the Middlesborough press conference, I sat in my car for 10 mins on Tuesday waiting to hear from Cotts, for him to be asked (along the lines of)    "whats happening with transfers?"  -  "Nothing"  -  "ok thanks Steve"

Archived