IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

Bit harsh to say about someone making a potentially life changing decision at 20. 

I don't blame him if he doesn't join. Would you join us right now if you were born/raised outside of the South West? I sure as hell wouldn't! 

Lord above its a ridiculously well paid job so potentially life changing yeah. What's he going to do with it all? Cancer or Crones or MS are potentially life changing, playing football is a job!

As far as joining us is concerned I don't want him if he is that much of a poof, we need men not boys right now!

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Hang on - we've not even been told that yet!  I reckon we can eke out at least 9 more pages before this thing's officially dead in the water...

exactly that.we  now need 3 experienced championship players who can encourage our young squad and turn the season around and will not mess about for the full 90 minutes 

3 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

After last night I don't really care about the little *****, he's far too big for the likes of us, so he reckons, and could well have been a waste of money. Panic buy, that's all. 

As it is, we spend too long courting a player who it is apparent has reservations about joining. Now I am on full standby for the imminent "For whatever reason one or two deals just didn't come off for us, so we'll be waiting until the loan window opens".

:mf_sleep:

Some are saying poor lad he's only 20, only known Bolton etc etc, what? I left home at 15 joined up at 18 and was in the Middle East at 19. History will tell you the Vietnam War the kids that were killed were just Nineteen mostly, as was the Wars with Germany...and yet this little lad has to agonise over playing football  a few miles away for ten grand a week. 

Perspective please.

5 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Some are saying poor lad he's only 20, only known Bolton etc etc, what? I left home at 15 joined up at 18 and was in the Middle East at 19. History will tell you the Vietnam War the kids that were killed were just Nineteen mostly, as was the Wars with Germany...and yet this little lad has to agonise over playing football  a few miles away for ten grand a week. 

Perspective please.

Exactly my point earlier. How effing soft have we become. Poor lad life changing decision posts make me want to hurl. 

Girls go to University at eight*******teen. Sack Cloth wants to live with his mum at 20. 

Enough said tosser 

8 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Perspective please.

Why are footballers ALWAYS compared to those in the Army/war veterans? In answer to your point, not all humans are the same.

9 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Perspective please.

Indeed. What about Kodjia? He has risked so much more coming to play for us and has had a much more massive life change than Clough would have encountered.

11 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Perspective please.

Why does this drivel always come out? Why do people always draw comparisons between the army and football like they're in any way related?

Some people value things other than money. If this was Joe Bryan talking about not wanting to leave us for Rotherham we'd all be kissing his arse. 

Some people value things other than money believe it or not.  

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Why are footballers ALWAYS compared to those in the Army/war veterans? In answer to your point, not all humans are the same.

All humans are the same by your own definition. Footballer comparisons are made not just the army but life in general  

This one just happens to wants to live at home instead of making his own way, in the process by his inaction possibly killing the club he swears allegiance to. 

I bet his mum and dad are proud of their little soldier!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

This one just happens to wants to live at home instead of making his own way

The two are mutually exclusive? Get a grip. 

He's just signed a long term deal at the club that he loves and didn't want to move in the first place unless forced to by Bolton for financial gain. 

You sound like a jilted lover. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The two are mutually exclusive? Get a grip. 

He's just signed a long term deal at the club that he loves and didn't want to move in the first place unless forced to by Bolton for financial gain. 

You sound like a jilted lover. 

Mutually exclusive. :laugh:. The guy knows the score he has chosen not to leave home after being offered a huge deal to come and into the bargain pressurize the club he has a contract with further, possibly drive them into administration and not pay the wages he and his mates will be waiting for in the next few weeks. Bolton being in troubles is Not his fault, but not getting paid is a big eye opener and his long term contract will be worthless as will his team mates if admin hits  as the administrator will force a bloody sale as he is able and very willing to do  

Cotterill comments on the new goalkeeper not wanting a huge amount of money and not thinking he was bigger than the club are telling How would you take those comments. 

Ask Cotterill how he feels, as he has already made that clear indirectly, if others feel the similarly than that is pretty natural. 

The last line is just knobish!

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Mutually exclusive. :laugh:. The guy knows the score he has chosen not to leave home after being offered a huge deal to come and into the bargain pressurize the club he has a contract with further, possibly drive them into administration and not pay the wages he and his mates will be waiting for in the next few weeks. Bolton being in troubles is Not his fault, but not getting paid is a big eye opener and his long term contract will be worthless as will his team mates if admin hits  as the administrator will force a bloody sale as he is able and very willing to do  

Cotterill comments on the new goalkeeper not wanting a huge amount of money and not thinking he was bigger than the club are telling How would you take those comments. 

Ask Cotterill how he feels, as he has already made that clear indirectly, if others feel the similarly than that is pretty natural. 

The last line is just knobish!

The lad would rather stay at his own train wreck of a club than join another. Can't hold it against him. 

Like I said if the tables were turned and this was Joe Bryan wanting to stay at City instead of join Bolton, you'd be kissing his ass. 

He doesn't want to come here, and who can blame him, get over it. 

Seems bolton are confident of new investment which means they're not forced to sell an asset they don't want to sell. It was obvious from the get go that he'd only come here if Bolton gave him no choice. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Seems bolton are confident of new investment which means they're not forced to sell an asset they don't want to sell. It was obvious from the get go that he'd only come here if Bolton gave him no choice. 

...And can you think of a worse scenario from which to sign a player?  "I'm only here because Bolton forced me to leave"

It might have worked out but it could have been a very expensive gamble ending with us sending him back to the north west on loan.  Just what we don't need at present.

I wish the lad well - it's rubbish being a pawn in Bolton's financial mess.

20 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why does this drivel always come out? Why do people always draw comparisons between the army and football like they're in any way related?

Some people value things other than money. If this was Joe Bryan talking about not wanting to leave us for Rotherham we'd all be kissing his arse. 

Some people value things other than money believe it or not.  

I think you are misinterpreting the point. If he is undecided whether coming here is the right move for him that's absolutely fine, but if he is undecided about leaving the North West because it's a heart wrench then I think the point that he's got some growing up to do is perfectly valid. People are saying moving is a huge decision for a 20 year old, with respect I disagree. He'll be signing a three of four year term (you would imagine) which is about the length that persons two or three years younger than he is do habitually when deciding to go to university. Trepidation whether it is the right move is understandable, trepidation about moving away full stop then I have very little sympathy for the argument it is a big decision.

We've heard the club impressed him, his agent is advising it's a good deal and there were remarks about being a club with potential too I think from the twitter feeds. I don't agree that the decision ought to be taking him this long. It's true those comments might be lip service, but if it is not then I wouldn't want the kid if he's still undecided. I'd question his determination in that instance. Loyalty is impressive but in essence there is an argument he may be being disloyal to the club he dearly loves by putting himself in front of it by not stomaching a move. Also, if he fears it's a sideways move it sounds to me like he wouldn't gamble on his abilities progressing him. It's a tough gig being a footballer and when you look at what players like Afobe have done - do you really think he wanted MK Dons and Wolverhampton as his base whilst at Arsenal? - like I say I'd question whether he (SC) would have sufficient determination to make it at the higher levels in any case.

Also, it's not in his agent's interest to press a sideways move or something that would jeopardise his long-term career if he's going to remain his client and the way I see it he has a professional to advise him and he's ignoring that advise [appreciate some agent's are helmets and this wont always ring true but if he suspected that then he should change his advisor, and it sounds like his old man would press him too]. If I were an agent and he was my client I might even be inclined tell him that I'm not prepared to work for him anymore as he's undermining my advise and if he doesn't value it then I'd feel uncomfortable advising him in future. 

Yes a train wreck of a club with 180 m of debt no possible way to pay it and looming admin. He has chosen to stay put himself his club and his team mates in further turmoil. This club has a huge benefactor a new stadium being built and is capable of 5500 away from home. Not exactly the same catagory is it?

Again I note your nasty comment this time regarding ass kissing and some random scenario you have made up. 

I got over it and said so in this thread earlier it was you that brought up (a nearly worthless) long term deal with his current club

pack in the personal comments they are not necessary about someone you don't know!

Just now, Xiled said:

...And can you think of a worse scenario from which to sign a player?  "I'm only here because Bolton forced me to leave"

It might have worked out but it could have been a very expensive gamble ending with us sending him back to the north west on loan.  Just what we don't need at present.

I wish the lad well - it's rubbish being a pawn in Bolton's financial mess.

Yep. If the move isn't right for all parties you move on to the next target. 

To hold it against the player is ridiculous. Not like he ever wanted to move. People making out like he asked for a transfer then turned us down. Makes us sound even more bitter and twisted than we already are!

Harassing his girlfriend and dad on Twitter, begging him to sign, comparing his desire to stay at his club to 'not manning up like I did was in the army' etc. Jesus Christ. No wonder people think we're a tinpot outfit. 

Archived