IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Because the buyer has asked you not to under the terms of a deal or because the risk of injury could scupper you financially?

We don't know how far talks have gone between the two parties, Bolton are in dire need of points plus they don't really want to sell him.

Just now, Tomarse said:

If he's had a medical over the weekend, that would be void if he then plays. That's why it would be almost certainly off.

Cos what ...  he couldn't have another medical ?

BCFC couldn't insure against such a possibilty?

BCFC couldn't include a clause into the contract for such a thing ?

I know BCFC aren't seen as the worlds largest football club, but I we're not rookies either

3 minutes ago, Soul_Trader said:

From that tweet thing ...

@OfficialBWFC whoever is going tonight make sure you run on the pitch and say Thankyou for everything the little hero. All the best Zacho

@OfficialBWFC Clough's shirt hanging up! One final moment of magic for us #coywm

Does not seem as if the Bolton fans think that cos he plays means he stays.....

I think he is off ..... be honest Bolton are down .... howevever it plays out .. he needs to move .

wow that really suggests he is off...which means we have to still have a chance. Maybe he requested one last run out in front of the fans.

but what if he gets injured!!

Just because his shirt is hanging up doesn't mean he's playing. Maybe he's on the bench. Maybe he's used as Cotterhill like sub for 20-30 seconds so the Bolton fans there can give him an ovation. Maybe the deal is off and he is playing. Maybe the deal is still on and Bolton are risking it. We don't know until we know. You can have an educated guess but at least say it's just a guess. 

Just now, Devereux said:

wow that really suggests he is off...which means we have to still have a chance. Maybe he requested one last run out in front of the fans.

Those are people replying to the clubs twitter, not the club itself.

However this was just tweeted which throws another curveball into the mix.

Just now, Devereux said:

oh its from the fans not the club! Thought that was BWFC tweeting!

:facepalm:

Wow ....I am truely amazed by how naive some of our fans on here are.

If he plays tonight....he is definately not coming to us. He will be gone by the end of January though, that's for sure.

It's pretty obvious....we are the only team to put a bid in. It was accepted.....he came for talks, but has turned us down. No other bids on the table...of course they play him tonight.

As January progresses....bigger clubs will take a punt, and he will move on.

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

If he's had a medical over the weekend, that would be void if he then plays. That's why it would be almost certainly off.

He didn't have a medical over the weekend.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

This is different. They are up the creek financially and Clough may be their only immediate source of cash. That's a fair assessment,  isnt it? No need to respond in 80 point text. 

They will be up the creek financially tomorrow too. A lot was made about the Tuesday deadline, but even if they go into admin, or worse, they're not going to just wipe away their debts.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Wow ....I am truely amazed by how naive some of our fans on here are.

If he plays tonight....he is definately not coming to us. He will be gone by the end of January though, that's for sure.

It's pretty obvious....we are the only team to put a bid in. It was accepted.....he came for talks, but has turned us down. No other bids on the table...of course they play him tonight.

As January progresses....bigger clubs will take a punt, and he will move on.

This is based on nothing..

Just now, deadredfred said:

I'm not going tonight, so if on the off-chance he is indeed revealed at half time, can someone let me know on here?

I wouldn't want to miss the news should this thread suddenly change and start containing relevant, factual information. 

I would do, but at half time I'll be down Market Street.

18 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I can't see why people can't grasp this. If he had a medical, passed. He plays tonight and unbeknown to us tweaks some knee ligament but plays the 90. He then signs for us and complains about his knee. Has a scan and something shows up that was not there during the medical. We have shelled out 2 mil and then have a fight with a financially broke club to get money back on aplayer that is resigned to the medical table for the rest of the season. Yea that would be real professional of the club.

Just now, deadredfred said:

I'm not going tonight, so if on the off-chance he is indeed revealed at half time, can someone let me know on here?

I wouldn't want to miss the news should this thread suddenly change and start containing relevant, factual information. 

He's playing for Bolton tonight, unlikely!

5 minutes ago, collier said:

I can't see why people can't grasp this. If he had a medical, passed. He plays tonight and unbeknown to us tweaks some knee ligament but plays the 90. He then signs for us and complains about his knee. Has a scan and something shows up that was not there during the medical. We have shelled out 2 mil and then have a fight with a financially broke club to get money back on aplayer that is resigned to the medical table for the rest of the season. Yea that would be real professional of the club.

He didn't have a medical.

I'm only messing. Just trying to get some of my spare time/life back having spent the last 3 days refreshing this thread. 

Thought I'd try a new approach on my moral high ground, pretending I wasn't bothered. I am. 

I hope Cotterill hasn't been as distracted by this as me though, and actually remembers how important tonights match is!

Clough or no Clough, the next few hours could be vital for momentum

Archived