IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

Sky Bet now has us at 4/7, Wolves at 13/8 & then both Everton & Boro at 12/1

Birmingham's interest was originally mentioned when we first made our bid but they then pulled out of things.

For what it's worth, I'd personally say it's about 60/40 in our favour at the moment, Clough is impressed with the club & the club has handled themselves well throughout & we clearly haven't gone in with a bid of peanuts to try & steal the lad on the cheap, all must be plus points in our favour.

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Marc Iles, Chief Football Writer for the Bolton Evening News, followed by Clough on Twitter, tweeted 25 minutes ago that we're the only club to of made an offer.

If the rumoured £2m is correct then I'd be amazed if that situation doesn't change. Would be very strange to have no one else in for him at that price. 

I have a horrible feeling that no news is not good news in this case :( 

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Not saying it's not true, but that's just paper talk. Think they'd have been other places saying this if true. Hold in there. Whilst there's no definite news, there's hope.

For what my opinion is worth. I actually think it is highly likely he will sign for us. The football club he plays for and has been involved with the majority of his life is in danger of going bust unless cash can be found quickly.  It appears despite rumours we're the only club who've actually made a bid. The player appears to have been impressed by what he's seen, heard etc but wants time to think about it. Is it that unreasonable, the fact he hasn't said no suggests we've made an impression on him. Personally I think it will be confirmed tomorrow, probably at the same time as a keeper and maybe one other.

If I'm correct , and by no means saying I am , a big uplift going to an important league game 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

If the rumoured £2m is correct then I'd be amazed if that situation doesn't change. Would be very strange to have no one else in for him at that price. 

The same guy tweeted saying the club have conducted themselves impeccably, and Clough has been impressed, it's just a big wrench for him to leave Bolton.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I have a horrible feeling that no news is not good news in this case :( 

The others may be waiting to get him cheap if he doesn't want to come here. The advantage they have is they know we've bid and that we're not that desirable to the lad.

Just now, Tomarse said:

The others may be waiting to get him cheap if he doesn't want to come here. The advantage they have is they know we've bid and that we're not that desirable to the lad.

That's why I can't fathom that tweet earlier. Surely all that's achieved is letting other clubs know he's available cheaper than had been previously assumed. 

I thought last night that if this wasn't announced today we had no chance, and it's starting to feel like Gray all over again....

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's why I can't fathom that tweet earlier. Surely all that's achieved is letting other clubs know he's available cheaper than had been previously assumed. 

I thought last night that if this wasn't announced today we had no chance, and it's starting to feel like Gray all over again....

The closer to the money deadline they get the more desperate.  We've played our hands first, as ultimately we had to. It was our only chance. If it doesn't come off, in this instance I'm not going to blame the club. We've tried.

Just now, Tomarse said:

The closer to the money deadline they get the more desperate.  We've played our hands first, as ultimately we had to. It was our only chance. If it doesn't come off, in this instance I'm not going to blame the club. We've tried.

I agree, but I still see no good reason at all to willingly make the fee public knowledge. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If any club was interested I'd have no doubt that his agent would have informed them what would be an acceptable offer to Bolton. It's in his interests to have as much competition for the lad as possible as it improves his negotiating position for his client. I'm certain Bolton would have invited him to find a club for the lad given their financial woes and their need to sell asap

Because of that I really don't believe SC would have alerted anyone to anything that they didn't already know. 

10 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

The same guy tweeted saying the club have conducted themselves impeccably, and Clough has been impressed, it's just a big wrench for him to leave Bolton.

£2m plus a big wrench? I'm sure SL can relax the wage cap and send someone round to Wickes' in the morning. Game on!

Just now, 29AR said:

If any club was interested I'd have no doubt that his agent would have informed them what would be an acceptable offer to Bolton. It's in his interests to have as much competition for the lad as possible as it improves his negotiating position for his client. I'm certain Bolton would have invited him to find a club for the lad given their financial woes and their need to sell asap

Because of that I really don't believe SC would have alerted anyone to anything that they didn't already know. 

Fair point. 

Archived