IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Having had this afternoon to digest, what seems most logical to me is

• We're not happy that a bid price was made public.
  • The player now isn't coming.
  • We'll make things public with other clubs by confirming the bid was lower than reported so the realised price is less that Bolton were hoping for.
  • Whoever get's the player will end up paying less.

I agree with the logic but surely Cotts would have said the deal was off and that we were moving on if that was the case? 

Doesn't make much sense to drag supporters on if he knows that it's not happening.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

• We'll make things public with other clubs by confirming the bid was lower than reported so the realised price is less that Bolton were hoping for.

Plus if we bid for someone else we are implying that we have £2m to spend, not £3m.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

That's a fair possibility.

We know Bolton, at best, are going into administration....so that's 12 points deducted.  They need money to go through the administration process.  It's not needing money to stay out of it.

They may want to sell off their property, but his long will that take to get the money in their Bsnk account.

I think the Mark Davies deal is in danger of falling through (reported), so they are getting more and more desperate.

They need money to even have a chance....if they don't get a new buyer for the club, they will go out of business.

Given the speed that a person's so-called opinions and character however reliably reported are flashed across the Globe these days, makes me wonder whether it isn't with talking to the player's agent to find out if there is a hope in hell of him coming to City BEFORE making ourselves look like prats in putting in a futile bid?

47 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

My cousin's son is about same age as Zachary and plays for one of our rivals. Last season he was sent out on loan from the club he'd been with since aged 7. He sat in his hotel room every night in tears, calling his family saying how lonely he was.

Maybe we are forgetting how tough a decision this kid has.

I don't wish to sound totally void of empathy but he's (ZC) 21 in March. Many were merely 18 when we packed up our bags and moved to University. It was hard, it was scary, but speaking for myself it was in my best interests so a bit of 'steel' was needed.

And besides, I hope our club and our squad would not leave ZC to sit in a hotel room.

20 minutes ago, Kermit the Frog said:

If the latest interview with Cotts is anything to go by, i'm still stumped. Remaining positive for a couple more hours though. Goalkeeper loan should be confirmed within an hour or two. Garita should be available for tomorrow subject to clearance. SC smirked when asked about 'anything else' and said ' you never know'. Photographer is probably on his way to AG as we speak for the unveiling of new signings :fingerscrossed:

He smirked before in that " i know Something but i'm not telling you " fashion at another question over a possible signing which turned out to be bull droppings as the player went else where .

i just thought what a daft punk he looks now .

Moral , never smirk until it's in the bag Mr Cotterill .

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm surprised at the loyalty of a player to a club who haven't paid most of their players the wages they're entitled to!

as far as I know they have paid all employees the money they are entitled to now. Just before Christmas they sold a building attached to the ground itself for approaching £3.5M. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

He smirked before in that " i know Something but i'm not telling you " fashion at another question over a possible signing which turned out to be bull droppings as the player went else where .

i just thought what a daft punk he looks now .

Moral , never smirk until it's in the bag Mr Cotterill .

Maybe he just farted

5 hours ago, Kibs said:

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm surprised at the loyalty of a player to a club who haven't paid most of their players the wages they're entitled to!

I'm not. Bolton Wanderers are his club and he loves them.

If he wasn't employed by them no doubt he'd be paying to watch them.

Our problem is that deep down he'd probably rather go without wages for the rest of the season than leave Bolton for City. Unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

as far as I know they have paid all employees the money they are entitled to now. Just before Christmas they sold a building attached to the ground itself for approaching £3.5M. 

That'll keep them (arguably) solvent for a few hours longer.

2 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I recall under Johnson we had interviewed Jermaine Easter (from Cardiff) our next game was against Swansea. Because Easter wasn't chomping at the bit to play against them Johnson pulled the plug. Now our next game is Preston who are a big rival of Bolton.

ZC couldn't play PNE now. Deadline has passed for that. 

Archived