IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It was not the cleverest thing for Cotts to clarify that the offer was £2m and not £3m - thus alerting competing clubs that they only have to offer £2.1m to get the lad.  This could be a great signing if it comes off - but I really hope that we have a few more irons in the fire.

It's not an auction. Another club haven't got to offer more, they only have to offer the same. 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What we should do is prétend to be interested in Cummings so Wolves move quickly to sign him , leaving us a free run at Clough .

Not hard this game is it ?

While putting a lot of news out that Wolves primary target is Cummings and that Clough will be the backup - no one likes to be the backup player.

Your right this is easy.

5 minutes ago, Devereux said:

Bolton. Exploring a new way idealising cash and dodging admin. More property to go. No sign of player sales going through yet. #ticktock

Does this mean they are trying to figure out another way because Zach wants to stay?...

Not sure, if he said 'exploring an alternative' I'd definitely be inclined to think that.

12 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Didnt want to mention your prowess at the pole less polevault Major, although I believe you have quite a following of admiring groupies who cant get enough of your impressive freestyle appendage vaulting.. I assume 'tis true that your interest in sporting participation actually began at a young age when year after year you were the undisputed schools champion

3 legged-race winner with a unique one man style..  ?  

Sportdays were always well attended with appreciative mums, milfs, grannies who loved cheering you on, however dads etc found watching your performances slightly belittling at best and uncomfortably eyes watering at worst (obviously leading to your later, now famous nick-name)

Personally I think your in danger of becoming a bit of a stick inn the mud at some events this time of year.

Right then, what news re: young Mr Clough?

That's far too much time spent thinking about my Jonathon Kodjia , you go and have a cold shower Whistlehappy .

My cousin's son is about same age as Zachary and plays for one of our rivals. Last season he was sent out on loan from the club he'd been with since aged 7. He sat in his hotel room every night in tears, calling his family saying how lonely he was.

Maybe we are forgetting how tough a decision this kid has.

3 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Abit of both in my opinion, I wouldnt say we were bottom three but most likely bottom six realisticly, especially when were constrained by FFP. Transfer fees also have no baring on our 'budget' for wages.

QPR and Bournemouth have both broken FFP rules in the last couple of years, they both got promotion and about £100 million in sky money, ( QPR did a deal with the football league rather than pay the £40 million fine they should have paid) so........cheating prospers in the Championship, perhaps we should do it as well!!

16 minutes ago, Devereux said:

Bolton. Exploring a new way idealising cash and dodging admin. More property to go. No sign of player sales going through yet. #ticktock

Does this mean they are trying to figure out another way because Zach wants to stay?...

Rumours are Bolton may sell training ground to Wigan.

7 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

My cousin's son is about same age as Zachary and plays for one of our rivals. Last season he was sent out on loan from the club he'd been with since aged 7. He sat in his hotel room every night in tears, calling his family saying how lonely he was.

A 20 year old crying every single night about playing pro football... Needs to man up IMO and appreciate the gift he's been given.

Hopefully he will join snd settle. I think this is where players/management like Wilbraham (who comes from a similar area?) and Wade Elliott could be useful. Not exactly 'father figures' but wise pro's who can help young players settle in. Hopefully if he was down here for talks he would have had a meeting with at least one of those. I remember a young Lee Miller meeting with Tinnion before he signed, he help persuade him to sign. 

2 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

A 20 year old crying every single night about playing pro football... Needs to man up IMO and appreciate the gift he's been given.

And that's exactly how we could end up spending £2M and three months later selling someone for peanuts.  Some players can travel the world at 20, others might never want to leave their home town.  It isn't about 'manning up'.

4 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

maybe, but the club has done everything for him for as long as he can remember. He is lucky, he knows it, but he also felt rejected, pro footballer or not, still human

8 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

Agreed ....

But I've been an IT consultant for years , whether you like it or not, part of the job is travelling about the place.   Gone are the jobs (for most) where you can walk to work.

I've been in strange cities ... after a long days work you go to your hotel ... close the door and feel VERY alone.   I'd even say it was depressing.

But in this modern day game very few players play for their boyhood clubs .... few play in the 1st team ... and even fewer do so on  a regular basis.    The Class of 92 is not the norm for a footballer. 

Yes its a lot for a 20 yo kid to take in .... but that is what his agent is there for ..... BCFC will be making sure he is made welcome etc and not left to fend for himself   !!

He WILL SIGN  ......  

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

And that's exactly how we could end up spending £2M and three months later selling someone for peanuts.  Some players can travel the world at 20, others might never want to leave their home town.  It isn't about 'manning up'.

Or put another way - some 20-year olds are able to man-up.  Some aren't.

7 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

20 year old is very young these days for some .... but I am starting to feel old (im actually only 40) .... but the simple fact is this ... he is being asked to kick a ball in Bristol.

My Grandfather (like loads) lied about his age to sign up and fight in WW2 ... that wasnt really that long ago.  So in the grand scheme of things, I think he should be able to handle a move to Cider country.

Yeah, moving from your home is not for everyone ... each to their own ... but such is life me ole mucker

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Or put another way - some 20-year olds are able to man-up.  Some aren't.

No.  You can't simply if to two words.  There are a whole bunch of considerations involved.  It's like suggesting a poor striker should just 'shoot better' - too simplistic.

My point is we need to be careful about forcing a player here especially when £2M is paid.

Not trying to be clever, but is it worth reminding Cotts that Preston - ten points above us, comfortably midtable - have scored a goal less than us (22/21), and conceded less than us too. By some margin. They've let in half the goals we have (44/22). Does Cotts know his/our "arse" from his/our "elbow"? (Stockhausen, Radio Bristol: theres your next question).

Far be it from me to tell him his job of course, but what are we doing about the other end of the pitch?

Archived