IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

No.  You can't simply if to two words.  There are a whole bunch of considerations involved.  It's like suggesting a poor striker should just 'shoot better' - too simplistic.

My point is we need to be careful about forcing a player here especially when £2M is paid.

I agree.  If he can't handle it, then he's not for us.

2 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

I have heard Clough does not want to come, given the high risk of League 1 Football next season. Also rumoured he would prefer to stay in the North West

I've heard every possible opinion and scenario from about 50 places.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

On a serious note, if any player has trouble moving (especially one with lots of future promise/value) we should walk away.  How will we ever realise his potential value if he ends up turning down moves because its too far from his mates?

Heartily agree with this. Recipe for disaster.

The Ryan FrederickS business still hasn't been explained yet.

4 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

I have heard Clough does not want to come, given the high risk of League 1 Football next season. Also rumoured he would prefer to stay in the North West

Me too. I've read that on pages 29,28,27,26,25,24,23,22,21,twenty...on every page of this thread, mate

If the latest interview with Cotts is anything to go by, i'm still stumped. Remaining positive for a couple more hours though. Goalkeeper loan should be confirmed within an hour or two. Garita should be available for tomorrow subject to clearance. SC smirked when asked about 'anything else' and said ' you never know'. Photographer is probably on his way to AG as we speak for the unveiling of new signings :fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

All it said was we'd had a bid accepted.  That means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed, but after how badly we got burned after making public the details of Gayle and Gray you'd think we would be incredibly keen not to end up with egg on our faces for a third straight striker purchase...

Having said that, this was from the media dept who orchestrated the world's worst cover up attempt with the Garita Twitter-gate, so who knows where logic enters into the equation...

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed, but after how badly we got burned after making public the details of Gayle and Gray you'd think we would be incredibly keen not to end up with egg on our faces for a third straight striker purchase...

Having said that, this was from the media dept who orchestrated the world's worst cover up attempt with the Garita Twitter-gate, so who knows where logic enters into the equation...

TBH I think City had to release something, it's fairly common knowledge he's been down and spoken to us, so staying silent would have got the rumour mill going even more so than it is now.  Despite this announcement, I don't think it will happen (love to be proved wrong though).

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Point is, if they said nothing and he didn't come they'd still get slated. I don't really see what difference it makes now.

I like to chose to be "blindly optimistic" today, and hope that at the very least, Cotts is sounding and looking confident about ZC, to look like something's happening here, so as to hoodwink one or two other decent lads to sign. It only takes one good 'un (source: otib forum 2015)

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I also think that the initial reports (Clough, Gayle, Gray) all came from their existing clubs.

Once Bolton, Crystal Palace and Brentford accepted an offer from us and then released it to the press there isn't much we can keep quiet about.  It's in each of those club's interest to make as much noise as possible so that QPR have the opportunity to bid.

Having had this afternoon to digest, what seems most logical to me is

• We're not happy that a bid price was made public.
  • The player now isn't coming.
  • We'll make things public with other clubs by confirming the bid was lower than reported so the realised price is less that Bolton were hoping for.
  • Whoever get's the player will end up paying less.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Having had this afternoon to digest, what seems most logical to me is

• We're not happy that a bid price was made public.
  • The player now isn't coming.
  • We'll make things public with other clubs by confirming the bid was lower than reported so the realised price is less that Bolton were hoping for.
  • Whoever get's the player will end up paying less.

Agreed. Next please

Archived