IGNORED

Little Lee

Mike Hunt-Hertz

He's been given time to turn around the slum he's overseen at Barnsley, with is admirable of the board, but as a manager he is still learning his trade, albeit at a higher level than most his age.

I'd have no problem with him here as gaffer in the future, if he kicks on from his early promise and finds success, but he shouldn't be on our radar right now, if our stated aims are to be believed.

@joe jordans teeth regarding JET, he was very happy at City had a break group of friends down here and was keen to sign permanently. The reason he hasn't consistently started games through the course of a full season is by his own admission, he has fitness issues. I don't know if it's an underlying health issue but is CV fitness for a footballer is very poor.

if he had that he's be a shoe in at a prem team.

1 hour ago, Rouge Sans Pareil said:

Not particularly advocating the fella, but surprised that his name has not really cropped up. Is he still at Barnsley?

It's really amusing how people just deride most suggestions on here, they happily call everyone who comes up with a name 'deluded' or worse. They rarely suggest anyone themselves though.

I got shouted down for suggesting Pearson in Oct/Nov last year but I'd still love to see him here, and it seems that quite a few others would too. And it's hilarious to see the reaction to Warnock on here. He's a guy who could seriously make a difference and bloody well keep us up. But no, those who know best abuse him despite having never met him or knowing him personally.

Fair play to you for posting a suggestion. There are merits and disadvantages to be discussed about every name, just ignore the patronising replies.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's really amusing how people just deride most suggestions on here, they happily call everyone who comes up with a name 'deluded' or worse. They rarely suggest anyone themselves though.

I got shouted down for suggesting Pearson in Oct/Nov last year but I'd still love to see him here, and it seems that quite a few others would too. And it's hilarious to see the reaction to Warnock on here. He's a guy who could seriously make a difference and bloody well keep us up. But no, those who know best abuse him despite having never met him or knowing him personally.

Fair play to you for posting a suggestion. There are merits and disadvantages to be discussed about every name, just ignore the patronising replies.

I can't see any merits at all for considering a struggling 3rd division manager.

What are they?:dunno:

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't get the stick that Warnock gets. He's a wind up merchant for sure, but his record bears scrutiny.

i bet if successful he would be a folk hero.

6 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Whatever next?

Some IDIOT will suggest Colin ...........

:grr:

Uncle Moyes

Not biting....ok I will!

Warnock - great track record, no one has promoted more teams, protects his players by being deliberately controversial with the media to deflect attention, gets sides to defend properly, gets sides to do it for the shirt, instills passion and 100% commitment, and he admires our club....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not biting....ok I will!

Warnock - great track record, no one has promoted more teams, protects his players by being deliberately controversial with the media to deflect attention, gets sides to defend properly, gets sides to do it for the shirt, instills passion and 100% commitment, and he admires our club....

Set up your own club and appoint him as manager then.

Uncle Moyes

I agree it's too early for Lee, but having said that, I was talking to some Barnsley fans earlier in the season who thought he had been let down by their summer recruitment (where had I heard that before?). Since then they have made a few emergency loan additions and having stuck by him throughout a really terrible run of defeats, they are now claiming the table pretty well. I hope he continues to prove the doubters wrong.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I agree it's too early for Lee, but having said that, I was talking to some Barnsley fans earlier in the season who thought he had been let down by their summer recruitment (where had I heard that before?). Since then they have made a few emergency loan additions and having stuck by him throughout a really terrible run of defeats, they are now claiming the table pretty well. I hope he continues to prove the doubters wrong.

I agree.

Perhaps he can have the job when he grows up?

Uncle TFR

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I probably shouted (explained my rationale) you down - I didn't think we were the kind of club he would be interested in....but what do I know.

Archived