IGNORED

Mark 'Gobbledygook' Ashton

RedRock

11 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Maybe, during his next interview, MA should hold a can of Natch and have a smearing of Clarks pie down his tie to endear himself to those moaning....

......'...he's from Dudley.....'....... FFS can't be that difficult to understand 

Some fans think they cant take any ....Moore ...though :) 

@spudski - Spud I'm with @Esmond Million's Bung in what he's saying here - 

Easiest thing appears to be to take away the grand name of 'Director Of Football' from Burt and call him ......

The Chief Scout ?

(With due respect what CV has Burt got to be a 'Director Of Football')

Think Burt may have been renamed and titled without any good reason and with a complete misunderstanding / misuse of the title

The common understanding is a 'Director Of Football' sits 'above' the coach and is the one who provides the continuity and structure in the 'ethos'

In our case someone like Joe Jordan say ? who ultimately would be the football link to the Board / SL leaving a Mark Ashton type to sort out the Administration / Management of the departments , dealing with contracts, agents etc which IMHO is what he should be doing 

If I'm honest I see a situation where we've given Burt an ill chosen title which suggests more influence than he should , and now a COO who clearly has strong views on his own football ethos (He hasn't revealed what it is but it's the 'same as Lees') 

So, on the face of it we now have a 'committee' by anyone's standards and we introduce a young coach into the vital and public role under massive pressure.

If we really believe LJ is the man to take us forward on and off the pitch (In terms of infrastructure) then KB and MA should be working under HIS direction or at worst alongside him yet I get the firm impression that MA certainly would see himself as Lees 'boss' (He keeps telling us he 'recruited' him) 

Burt ? Havnt a clue where he sees himself in the tree but get rid of the title IMO

I understand the lovely plan but I hope that KB and MA in particular don't get carried away with their own football opinions and leave plenty of influence in decision making (Within budgets and obvious limits)  for the man who should know more than either and that's the manager / 'Head Coach'

Under the new 'ethos' Spud , as I understand it LJ will set the footballing style ethos / style / preferred formation

We will then recruit, at all levels players to suit that system 

So if LJ gets sacked or 'replaced' in 12 months time , I take it the next coach will have a blueprint that he HAS to work to ?

(Even more so if LJ manages to keep his job for , let's be optimistic 5-6 years as the 'blueprint' will be established throughout the levels by then)

I know I'm simplifying it but interested in your view on this as it means LJs appointment will have a massive bearing on our footballing success and 'ethos' for some years to come,  as he's been entrusted under this new ethos to set the ' blueprint '

Big call !

on another note I noticed LJ saying we have FIVE Analysts in 'recruiting department'

Now we've said we are forming a database of young players 

Forming ???

Not 'have' ??????

Wtf have KB and co been doing ?

What does KB do all day ???? (Probably the same as Mr Fawthroo did ! )

If I was on his wages employed full time with analysts etc to utilise I'd know a fair bit about every realistic player in this country and a fair depth of foreign knowledge

When I was doing my bits n pieces I had my own database of every player and side I'd watched and that was not a full time role and in the very early days of PCs !!

Now the analysts can watch streams of games around the world and have access to mountains of video, info and stats without getting off their backsides !!

This is beginning to sound like the organisation I worked for , for 35 yrs where we'd constantly restructure and end up employing with 3 people ( badly ) doing the job that one person used to

Hope I'm just a bit cynical and I can understand the idea at a well run club.

Think the question here for me is who holds the major sway in the direction of our club now ?

Ultimately SL , but as EMB fairly suggests, previous history indicates his footballing choices to date havnt been good (GJ aside) (Before people scream SC - he was Dawes call as I understand) and my concern if Im honest that MA holds (or sees himself) major influence and almost becomes of greater importance or at least as important as the head coach.

I hope we have the 'balance' make up right and LJ or whoever may be in that position , has the chance to breathe

I do get the impression that LJ may be a stronger character than his physical stature would suggest at first glance and he may well find out whether MA is the real deal as opposed to the other way round !

Will he interesting how long the blueprint lasts if (God forbid) we were to get relegated and be in the bottom 5 of League One at Christmas !!!! 

Interesting times if nothing else !

COYR 

18 hours ago, RedRaw said:

As I understand it, he is the link between Coach/DOF/Scouts and the board......naturally he will be a more "corporate" type, however, he does have a grounding and hands-on football experience.

For instance, the Coach/DOF will list/recommend players they want and MA will take it from there, contacting clubs/agents/negotiations

Wow. Maybe next year we should get a link between the manager and the link eh. Perhaps the year after get a link from the link to the link.

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Ask how many times he actually watched the under 21's or took any interest in their development...

The bloke was a bully...just interested in himself.

Spudski, why do you feel the need to be so continually and unnecessarily disrespectful?

Not to mention incorrect - it detracts from the comments you make where maybe you have good points.

14 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just one little thing I never mentioned SC, so I really don't know why you needed to in your ramble, but since you have, I had a conversation recently with somebody whose son worked at the club and especially at Failand under both SOD and SC and his views about the the two of them were diametrically opposed to what you say about the two of them, he found SOD rude, off hand, disinterested and moody and SC helpful, pleasant and interested, so as I always say the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Yes I know about that story also.

13 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I've been to two U21 games this season, one at Failand, one at AG. SC was at the Failand game and was full-on Cotts during the game, shouting, pointing, the lot. The game at AG he wasn't there, presumably due to the first team being away that evening as we were playing away somewhere the following day.

So when spudski says SC took no interest in the U-21s, he is wrong then?

13 hours ago, RedM said:

And I've been to an u21 game earlier this season where Cotterill and Pemberton sat quietly behind me taking lots of notes and looking very serious. They left the on the pitch stuff to Wade, rightly so. 

11 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Regularly. In fact, as recently as the week he was sacked.

If anybody is a bully, IMO it is you spudski with your continued hate campaign. He's gone, it's what you wanted, be happy.

I met SC for the first time last week, only had a 5 minute chat, he didn't have a gold chain nor was he wearing gel, and even if he did I wouldn't be so shallow to judge him on appearances......

Just now, Robin1988 said:

I'd say so yes, he was very regularly at matches, and usually giving Elliott tips.

Oh I see, so spudski was definitely WRONG then.

So SC definitely took an interest in the U-21's. Was he bullying Elliot with those tips?

Spudski speaks so authoritatively on here, about coaches, agents, managers, scouts, makes you wonder what else spudski is WRONG about.

16 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I'd say so yes, he was very regularly at matches, and usually giving Elliott tips.

Begs the question why he seemed so reluctant to provide any kind of pathway from the u-21s to the first team...even in a meaningless game at Chesterfield at the end of last season he wouldn't take a youngster on the bus and stick 'em on the bench. He'd rather that space was empty. Just don't see the reasoning myself and I can't think of any managers who would take a similar approach.

15 hours ago, spudski said:

I beg to differ on that EMB...I agree he doesn't come across well on camera, but he has taken time to do pod casts, always wrote thoughtful notes, and having spent time talking to the chap, was always willing to talk football and share his thoughts...you could feel the passion he had for football. He's often too honest in his appraisals, and can rough people up the wrong way...he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

I know he came across to some people at the Club as rude and arrogant...but he was under immense pressure to try and make this Club work for the long term. He was trying to do the job of many men...as we didn't have the 'infrastructure' in place that SL has spoken about recently. He was working to make the Club work as a whole and not just short term. From the Academy up...trying to put things in place. A lot of the 'infrastructure' being put in place recently, is down to what SoD recommended...I know this for a fact. Granted it failed on the pitch...but i'm really not surprised considering.

We are going back, to making this Club sustainable and work for the future.

What certain fans fail to realise, is that SC was ripping the heart out of this Club. He may have got promotion...but he was doing it his way. He wasn't thinking about the clubs long term future...he was managing in a way that would see out the length of his Contract.

He had no interest in the development teams or Academy...as he knew none of those players would probably be good enough to break into the first team during his tenure. It was purely short term thinking on his part...all about who could he get that would make him instantly successful...no thought of development or for the future. Even fringe players were shunned. He even fell out with coach's and staff to a point of not talking to them.

He actually told the under 21's they were useless...had them in tears, and told them he might as well tear up their contracts. The bloke was a bully, and just interested in SC the man...rather than Bristol City, the Club. Unfortunately many don't see that part of the Club.

His demeanor in front of the camera, was one of a man who sulked and blamed everyone else bar himself.

I'd rather have a manager and team of people in place, who are working for the club...rather than for themselves...regardless of how they come across on camera or in the media.

The whole ethos now, seems to be to employ people who have a passion, but are also connected to this Club and City.

I can only see positive moves right now...and I've been one of the clubs biggest critics as you know...so credit, where credit is due.

Top post Spud but what has happened to men these days who burst into tears when they are aggressively criticised ? 

Agreed telling a whole bunch of players that they are " useless " is not globaly positive but perhaps they needed a rocket up the proverbial to move on ? 

You need backbone to survive in this highly compétitive environment.:sad26: 

Not defending Cotterill but surprised at how soft young pros seem to be .

Just chucking it out there then ducking for cover, but are the fans MA's real audience?

Surely a large part of his role is to pitch the club to media, agents and potential corporate investors (through sponsorship, hospitality or the like). They all like the sound of a well structured plan delivered by a businessman in a suit. It fills them with confidence. 

LJ and the players can speak to the fans "on their level" - whatever that may be.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Begs the question why he seemed so reluctant to provide any kind of pathway from the u-21s to the first team...even in a meaningless game at Chesterfield at the end of last season he wouldn't take a youngster on the bus and stick 'em on the bench. He'd rather that space was empty. Just don't see the reasoning myself and I can't think of any managers who would take a similar approach.

I think in his mind he valued a place in the squad as highly as the shirt itself; in many ways it makes sense. It's not like Vyner has actually played a single minute since he got a couple of bench appearances. We have no idea if he's even nearly ready.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I think in his mind he valued a place in the squad as highly as the shirt itself; in many ways it makes sense. It's not like Vyner has actually played a single minute since he got a couple of bench appearances. We have no idea if he's even nearly ready.

It is not about him being ready necessarily.....more giving the youngster the "experience" of being part of the match day squad, it all aids their development

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@spudski - Spud I'm with @Esmond Million's Bung in what he's saying here - 

Easiest thing appears to be to take away the grand name of 'Director Of Football' from Burt and call him ......

The Chief Scout ?

(With due respect what CV has Burt got to be a 'Director Of Football')

Think Burt may have been renamed and titled without any good reason and with a complete misunderstanding / misuse of the title

The common understanding is a 'Director Of Football' sits 'above' the coach and is the one who provides the continuity and structure in the 'ethos'

In our case someone like Joe Jordan say ? who ultimately would be the football link to the Board / SL leaving a Mark Ashton type to sort out the Administration / Management of the departments , dealing with contracts, agents etc which IMHO is what he should be doing 

If I'm honest I see a situation where we've given Burt an ill chosen title which suggests more influence than he should , and now a COO who clearly has strong views on his own football ethos (He hasn't revealed what it is but it's the 'same as Lees') 

So, on the face of it we now have a 'committee' by anyone's standards and we introduce a young coach into the vital and public role under massive pressure.

If we really believe LJ is the man to take us forward on and off the pitch (In terms of infrastructure) then KB and MA should be working under HIS direction or at worst alongside him yet I get the firm impression that MA certainly would see himself as Lees 'boss' (He keeps telling us he 'recruited' him) 

Burt ? Havnt a clue where he sees himself in the tree but get rid of the title IMO

I understand the lovely plan but I hope that KB and MA in particular don't get carried away with their own football opinions and leave plenty of influence in decision making (Within budgets and obvious limits)  for the man who should know more than either and that's the manager / 'Head Coach'

Under the new 'ethos' Spud , as I understand it LJ will set the footballing style ethos / style / preferred formation

We will then recruit, at all levels players to suit that system 

So if LJ gets sacked or 'replaced' in 12 months time , I take it the next coach will have a blueprint that he HAS to work to ?

(Even more so if LJ manages to keep his job for , let's be optimistic 5-6 years as the 'blueprint' will be established throughout the levels by then)

I know I'm simplifying it but interested in your view on this as it means LJs appointment will have a massive bearing on our footballing success and 'ethos' for some years to come,  as he's been entrusted under this new ethos to set the ' blueprint '

Big call !

on another note I noticed LJ saying we have FIVE Analysts in 'recruiting department'

Now we've said we are forming a database of young players 

Forming ???

Not 'have' ??????

Wtf have KB and co been doing ?

What does KB do all day ???? (Probably the same as Mr Fawthroo did ! )

If I was on his wages employed full time with analysts etc to utilise I'd know a fair bit about every realistic player in this country and a fair depth of foreign knowledge

When I was doing my bits n pieces I had my own database of every player and side I'd watched and that was not a full time role and in the very early days of PCs !!

Now the analysts can watch streams of games around the world and have access to mountains of video, info and stats without getting off their backsides !!

This is beginning to sound like the organisation I worked for , for 35 yrs where we'd constantly restructure and end up employing with 3 people ( badly ) doing the job that one person used to

Hope I'm just a bit cynical and I can understand the idea at a well run club.

Think the question here for me is who holds the major sway in the direction of our club now ?

Ultimately SL , but as EMB fairly suggests, previous history indicates his footballing choices to date havnt been good (GJ aside) (Before people scream SC - he was Dawes call as I understand) and my concern if Im honest that MA holds (or sees himself) major influence and almost becomes of greater importance or at least as important as the head coach.

I hope we have the 'balance' make up right and LJ or whoever may be in that position , has the chance to breathe

I do get the impression that LJ may be a stronger character than his physical stature would suggest at first glance and he may well find out whether MA is the real deal as opposed to the other way round !

Will he interesting how long the blueprint lasts if (God forbid) we were to get relegated and be in the bottom 5 of League One at Christmas !!!! 

Interesting times if nothing else !

COYR 

Hello mate...I think you've hit the nail on the head as to how the public have perceived the title of DoF when it comes to KB at this Club.

He's basically a glorified Chief Scout, but has negotiated deals and contracts and been involved in recruitment.

LJ as head coach will have the final say, but will work with both MA and KB in talent and recruitment and development.

LJ will concentrate on the coaching, KB scouting, finding and recruiting....MA identifying players, negotiating deals, legal stuff etc.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Oh I see, so spudski was definitely WRONG then.

So SC definitely took an interest in the U-21's. Was he bullying Elliot with those tips?

Spudski speaks so authoritatively on here, about coaches, agents, managers, scouts, makes you wonder what else spudski is WRONG about.

I know I'm right about SC's interest in the development squads....he showed hardly interest in them...that's a fact. Speak to any of the parents who's kids played whilst he was here.

You can also see that for yourself, for the stubborn way he refused to fill a bench, and allow the development of these players, by including them in first team games when the opportunity arose.

You can think what you like mate...but just because a few forum members saw SC at a few games, doesn't make it that he was interested.

Nick J....YOU ARE WRONG IN EVERYTHING YOU SAY...IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THAT SILLY GAME...

Yes...I BELIEVE IF I WRITE IT IN BIG CAPITALS, I CAN GET MY POINT ACROSS EVEN LOUDER...EVERYONE LISTEN...NICK J IS ALWAYS WRONG...FFS :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, SydneyCity said:

Just chucking it out there then ducking for cover, but are the fans MA's real audience?

Surely a large part of his role is to pitch the club to media, agents and potential corporate investors (through sponsorship, hospitality or the like). They all like the sound of a well structured plan delivered by a businessman in a suit. It fills them with confidence. 

LJ and the players can speak to the fans "on their level" - whatever that may be.

I imagine we will hear less and less of MA now we have a manager, sorry head coach in place. He's not exactly 'synergising' with the fans - although I think many are too quick to jump on his back - and there should be no need for him to have profile anyway. 

18 hours ago, spudski said:

Apologies...it was your first two paragraphs that threw me EMB...because you mentioned all an sundry.

I get the impression you are not fully understanding the position of our DoF...he doesn't have that much power.

LJ, KB, MA, JP, WE and certain Scouts will sit down and debate transfer targets.  The group meetings held, are aimed to find a common answer as to what they need to purchase in the transfer market, therefore using the wisdom of all of them.

The roles of the DoF and MA may include control over transfer dealings and targets and aspects outside coaching and squad selection, which are handled by LJ, JP and WE.

But they don't have sole say in who is coming here...it's a joint decision.

In English football the DoF position is still scorned upon due to the impression that they sometimes have more power than the actual Coach/ Manager. KB's position of DoF is more like that of a Chief Scout which has many similarities to a DoF. If LJ Knows that the scouting network is successful and transfer targets achievable and negotiable, then this allows him to focus on the team. With LJ making suggestions and KB and MA locating possible future purchases, it is he who can control the direction the club goes when it comes to transfer market dealings.

My concerns with our present DoF, was that I get the impression he likes to use a small pond of trusted sources and sticks with them.

With MA on board and now LJ, I believe that network will be broader and we will have more success in bringing faces in, not just with the first team, but development players as well. From what I've heard, they are more receptive to listening to other sources for suggestions on players.

Time will tell.

Can you actually be anymore condescending FFS?, I know exactly how the the transfer process is meant to work, I also know somehow it all went south this season and everybody concerned with any part of transfer dealings from SL to SC and everybody in between bears part of the responsibility for that.

And I don't give a flying **** what role our present DOF has, i'm more interested what role a 'proper' DOF COULD play.

I am far more interested in knowing exactly who monitors the coaches lower down the food chain and your best answer so far has been SL and maybe MA and I am saying that I don't think that is adequate and given your aversion to head coach/manager interference at the academy, it might be something that needs looking at.

That is and has been my point from the first post on this matter.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Can you actually be anymore condescending FFS?, I know exactly how the the transfer process is meant to work, I also know somehow it all went south this season and everybody concerned with any part of transfer dealings from SL to SC and everybody in between bears part of the responsibility for that.

And I don't give a flying **** what role our present DOF has, i'm more interested what role a 'proper' DOF COULD play.

I am far more interested in knowing exactly who monitors the coaches lower down the food chain and your best answer so far has been SL and maybe MA and I am saying that I don't think that is adequate and given your aversion to head coach/manager interference at the academy, it might be something that needs looking at.

That is and has been my point from the first post on this matter.

Sorry mate...there is no point us talking, as you are constantly on the offensive. I apologised for not understanding your points...as to me they don't make sense.

No intention of being condescending...the point I was making, is that you are putting too much importance on the title 'DoF'.

You explain to me, what you think a 'Proper' Dof is....because it is purely a title and changes from club to club. A DoF's responsibilities differ, depending what a club has asked of him.

Some have more power than others.

In our case...from what I've heard...KB acts more like a Chief scout.

As for who monitors coach's further down the food chain...it depends on who has been given that responsibility.

21 hours ago, spudski said:

Apologies...it was your first two paragraphs that threw me EMB...because you mentioned all an sundry.

I get the impression you are not fully understanding the position of our DoF...he doesn't have that much power.

LJ, KB, MA, JP, WE and certain Scouts will sit down and debate transfer targets.  The group meetings held, are aimed to find a common answer as to what they need to purchase in the transfer market, therefore using the wisdom of all of them.

The roles of the DoF and MA may include control over transfer dealings and targets and aspects outside coaching and squad selection, which are handled by LJ, JP and WE.

But they don't have sole say in who is coming here...it's a joint decision.

In English football the DoF position is still scorned upon due to the impression that they sometimes have more power than the actual Coach/ Manager. KB's position of DoF is more like that of a Chief Scout which has many similarities to a DoF. If LJ Knows that the scouting network is successful and transfer targets achievable and negotiable, then this allows him to focus on the team. With LJ making suggestions and KB and MA locating possible future purchases, it is he who can control the direction the club goes when it comes to transfer market dealings.

My concerns with our present DoF, was that I get the impression he likes to use a small pond of trusted sources and sticks with them.

With MA on board and now LJ, I believe that network will be broader and we will have more success in bringing faces in, not just with the first team, but development players as well. From what I've heard, they are more receptive to listening to other sources for suggestions on players.

Time will tell.

LJ did state last night when asked by Twentyman that he would have the final say 100% on signings.

7 hours ago, spudski said:

Hello mate...I think you've hit the nail on the head as to how the public have perceived the title of DoF when it comes to KB at this Club.

He's basically a glorified Chief Scout, but has negotiated deals and contracts and been involved in recruitment.

LJ as head coach will have the final say, but will work with both MA and KB in talent and recruitment and development.

LJ will concentrate on the coaching, KB scouting, finding and recruiting....MA identifying players, negotiating deals, legal stuff etc.

I know I'm right about SC's interest in the development squads....he showed hardly interest in them...that's a fact. Speak to any of the parents who's kids played whilst he was here.

You can also see that for yourself, for the stubborn way he refused to fill a bench, and allow the development of these players, by including them in first team games when the opportunity arose.

You can think what you like mate...but just because a few forum members saw SC at a few games, doesn't make it that he was interested.

Nick J....YOU ARE WRONG IN EVERYTHING YOU SAY...IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THAT SILLY GAME...

Yes...I BELIEVE IF I WRITE IT IN BIG CAPITALS, I CAN GET MY POINT ACROSS EVEN LOUDER...EVERYONE LISTEN...NICK J IS ALWAYS WRONG...FFS :facepalm: 

Thing is......mate..... we had a pleasant one to one chat via PM...... but I am still none the wiser who the **** you are....because you wouldn't tell me....... and you continue your bully boy baiting of SC and anybody that doesn't agree with you........and despite several posters contradicting you when you say SC took no interest in the U-21's........despite they say they were there......... you still say he didn't.....

....... you slated the board on day one when they appointed SC....... said he would take us down to div 4......... then when he started doing well.......all of a sudden you had some Burnley contacts..........scouts, managers, agents, coaches.......ha ha........... and you changed your mind said your contacts had told you SC would take us up not down...... and then when he took us up not down ....... you said..... that you had said that he would..... well indeed you had..... because you cover all bases.......

......and you go on and on and on and on about how the structure at BCFC is shit........ and holy shit we appoint a failed footballer/failed businessman to do something that nobody understands....... and a manager that has so far achieved the square root of **** all.... and all of a sudden according to you all in the Bristol City garden is rosy....... well I'm scratching me head on that one.......let's see.......

....personally I think you are full of shit me ole fruit...

Mrs Fevs met Keith Burt today....honestly.  She was trying to describe him to me, couldn't remember his name first of all and she used to term, he's the "Chairman of Football".  I said you mean SL, then she said no, Keith something.  I said Keith Burt.  She said, yeah, that's him, I said "Director of Football", she said no, "Chairman of Football".  I had to leave it there, she said she was there and I wasn't....so there!

MA was right, job titles aren't important!

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Thing is......mate..... we had a pleasant one to one chat via PM...... but I am still none the wiser who the **** you are....because you wouldn't tell me....... and you continue your bully boy baiting of SC and anybody that doesn't agree with you........and despite several posters contradicting you when you say SC took no interest in the U-21's........despite they say they were there......... you still say he didn't.....

....... you slated the board on day one when they appointed SC....... said he would take us down to div 4......... then when he started doing well.......all of a sudden you had some Burnley contacts..........scouts, managers, agents, coaches.......ha ha........... and you changed your mind said your contacts had told you SC would take us up not down...... and then when he took us up not down ....... you said..... that you had said that he would..... well indeed you had..... because you cover all bases.......

......and you go on and on and on and on about how the structure at BCFC is shit........ and holy shit we appoint a failed footballer/failed businessman to do something that nobody understands....... and a manager that has so far achieved the square root of **** all.... and all of a sudden according to you all in the Bristol City garden is rosy....... well I'm scratching me head on that one.......let's see.......

....personally I think you are full of shit me ole fruit...

Indeed we did...

Not Bully boy baiting Nick ...I say it how I see it. If you don't agree...then that's your prerogative.

Who have I bullied? No one...so you are lying again. I enjoy debates with many people on here...no bullying, as you crudely put it.

So a few people have seen SC at games...so have I...but it is a well known fact he wasn't interested in them. If you can't except that...then that's your problem.

Yes...I didn't rate SC when he came here...and yes I said he would take us backwards. I spoke to people that know him far better than me...people who work in the game and I respect. I took what they said and changed my mind...because they know far more than I do...it's what people do when they gain some knowledge...nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong and changing your mind, if you find out more information and knowledge. And guess what Nick...they were bang on with there prediction.

I've banged on about how poor the structure is at the Club for years...now they seem to be making moves in the right direction. If you can't see that, then that's your problem.

Credit where credit is due. I don't slam the club or anyone for the sake of it...it's called constructive criticism...and if the Club seem to be doing the right thing, then I will commend them... I'm glad the Club is progressing.

What I can't understand is your continual crusade against certain posters...you very rarely debate...you just go around slamming the poster rather than the post.

It's constant...and rather tiresome. You're like a dog with a bone.

Anyway...shall we just leave it now. Get over SC like I got over SoD...look forward to a new chapter in the history of our Club and lets support together...but debate in an adult manner, rather than being childish.

As for what you think of me...that's fine, it's no skin off my nose, I know what I know...As for yourself...I respect your opinion, even if it is misguided in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Spudski if talking down to people and constantly reminding them of your apparent connections is how you see it, then yes, you do. But if you think no one notices your little snide comments because they're a bit more subtle, then no, you're wrong.

You can't win fella...if I post something, and people ask how I know this...then I tell them. I won't name them...but I'll say what they do.

There are no intentional snide comments towards posters...it's only how you perceive them...none are intended.

What's cool...is there are so many posters on here that enjoy debate and do so in an adult manner.

I'd say from the nice comments I get, and the great chats via pm that the majority on here appreciate debate and talking football...and sharing any titbits.

Unfortunately, there are a handful, that constantly follow certain posters around, and constantly attack them.

They turn great threads into 'you said this...you said that' content, then it leads to 'tiffs'...it's the same old posters, time after time...very sad people, who seem fixated in following posters around and the need to constantly goad.

They ruin this forum for so many.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

You can't win fella...if I post something, and people ask how I know this...then I tell them. I won't name them...but I'll say what they do.

There are no intentional snide comments towards posters...it's only how you perceive them...none are intended.

What's cool...is there are so many posters on here that enjoy debate and do so in an adult manner.

I'd say from the nice comments I get, and the great chats via pm that the majority on here appreciate debate and talking football...and sharing any titbits.

Unfortunately, there are a handful, that constantly follow certain posters around, and constantly attack them.

They turn great threads into 'you said this...you said that' content, then it leads to 'tiffs'...it's the same old posters, time after time...very sad people, who seem fixated in following posters around and the need to constantly goad.

They ruin this forum for so many.

As long as they agree with you of course.

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mrs Fevs met Keith Burt today....honestly.  She was trying to describe him to me, couldn't remember his name first of all and she used to term, he's the "Chairman of Football".  I said you mean SL, then she said no, Keith something.  I said Keith Burt.  She said, yeah, that's him, I said "Director of Football", she said no, "Chairman of Football".  I had to leave it there, she said she was there and I wasn't....so there!

MA was right, job titles aren't important!

Are you sure it wasn't Mr Invisible himself Keith Dawe?

Archived